Poll

Which set do you think was the best?

IW2013
Rise
Infestation
Ascension
Order
Oppression

Author Topic: Best set ever?  (Read 8651 times)

Offline martenus

• View Profile
Re: Best set ever?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2015, 03:22:55 PM »
Suli and communist never seen a working avatar deck!! Please Enlighten me !
My win rate with opression decks sofar against avatar decks is like 90%. I never meet one of the topplayers playing tripple dod so no clue if thats the probllem maybe. And iam a very average player. Also tryed to make one myself but with not much succsess. Main  Problem is the are slow and feel so clunky. Only tripple dod i got working was very cheapcreautes without any avatars and massive abuse of the dojo.
And this only works if i get dojo early and it also works lots better with double dod and fd or zombies.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
One way of ensuring a defense against early rush is Gaohan in Command. Also, in the event of Verore Kidnapper and Kidnapped By Demons removing them from play, having more Avatars in deck will help. When you get your kidnapped Avatar back you'll have 2 Unique characters in play!

That said, I realised the Exiles have many options against Avatars. Other than above, there is Demonise, Dehumanise, Wholesale Slaughter and Descent Into Madness. Verore also has Voracious Goliath. It is worth noting that Hubris is good against Avatars as unlike killing them, it will not reset their stats while making them non-threats, if only for 1 turn more.

Offline suli

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 01:48:51 AM »
Yep, multiple avatars and Dojos. They kidnapped an avatar? no problem deploy another avatar until you kill the kidnappers and have double. They ramped to 11 resources for calamity? no problem send everyone to dojo in your priority, send them back to assault/defense in theirs. I pretty much find late game almost guaranteed if I reach it, unless I am playing against omnitron, and unpredictable exile yuck.

EDIT: Also, 3 nobles for a possible turn 5 avatar!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 01:55:18 AM by suli »

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 05:10:56 AM »
wow, dojo for multiple avatars, I have to do this!

Offline martenus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 05:23:03 AM »
well kill a kidnapper with a tripple dod deck us very hard and purly luck based only way to do so is play firebolts or have mega luck with double wraath. my problem is that against a good deck rush or control you eather dead by round 7 or the have that much control at there fingertipps that your avatars are gone as the hit table :P But please post a deck list no tripple dot has been posted sofar will try to take yours for a spin and report backj here.

Offline suli

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2015, 09:41:00 AM »
Martenus, I will post the deck at the deck buidling section. Be warned, however that I still don't consider it fully optimized yet.

Offline Zer0K

• Spark becomes a flame...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 04:24:30 PM »
Pre-Oppresion I was running an avatar deck that worked quite well, but I haven't picked it up again. Main reason for this is that every deck with overseers (and there are a lot of those) is running the box. Not only does it stop your avatar, it also resets the stats. For the same reason I deleted balance golem from my list of decks.
... flame becomes a fire.

Offline Ragnoraok

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2015, 02:44:39 AM »
Pre-Oppresion I was running an avatar deck that worked quite well, but I haven't picked it up again. Main reason for this is that every deck with overseers (and there are a lot of those) is running the box. Not only does it stop your avatar, it also resets the stats. For the same reason I deleted balance golem from my list of decks.

To be honest, the new overly aggressive angel playstyle will defeat an avatar oriented deck before the avatars come out.

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »

To be honest, the new overly aggressive angel playstyle will defeat an avatar oriented deck before the avatars come out.

I have to agree with this. The Overseers got good again with Oppression. They were very very lackluster before, and the Forerunner of the Champions really gave them their oomph back.

The Avatars are good, but you need to get a good set up going before you can get them out. I advise using some decent low cost cards to increase your chances of lasting to turn 7. Personally, I've gone back to using Meditating Monk in command and using Xi, Who Honors the Many/Spirit Armour to hold my defense Zone in the early game. With Adaptive Master in command as well for a beefy character to assist the stall. He's a 7/13 that can get rid of a useless card depending on the situation and I find him quite useful for stalling out a few turns. I'm also using triple Echo of the Battlefield, so when they do die, a new defender goes straight to the field and actually starts blocking the same turn the others die. Giving additional defense against those hard aggro decks.

This all seems to work well for me to stall out to turn 7. Maybe you can consider trying something like this out? Something that promotes the defense early game and transitions to a power Avatar deck late game.

Offline sketmachine13

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2015, 06:04:21 AM »
As a Swarmer main, ORDER is the best set as it gave us Broodlord HAHA Caretaker of the Swarm.

Hopefully, the next set will include more swarmer cards. I'd be happy with even a single new swarmer card card (that isn't the new faction's swarmer).

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2015, 04:25:13 PM »
oppression is the best set so far for its originality and because it introduces some new nice mechanics.

but i consider also that oppression is the worst set so far because i find it very unbalanced, there are things i clearly don't understand, things that are breaking the game :

- counting the days
- pacifying winds
- mysterious box
- champion follower
- craps epics and legendaries !
- and on the other side you find that awesome klore !

and so on...

something is wrong, i don't like oppression.

i vote for IW2013
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 09:03:20 AM by toon310 »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2015, 06:01:34 PM »
oppression is the best set so far for its originality and because it introduces some new nice mechanics.

but i consider also that oppression is the worst set so far because i find it very unbalanced, there are things i clearly don't undestand, things that are breaking the game :

- couting the days
- pacifying winds
- mysterious box
- champion follower
- craps epics and legendaries !
- and on the other side you find that awesome klore !

and so on...

something is wrong, i don't like oppression.

i vote for IW2013

Pacifying Winds was just changed - do you mean it is still too powerful?

I will agree with you on the BS that is Counting the Days, but the rest of those I don't find unbalanced at all. Might just be me though.

Offline ecliptix

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2015, 06:48:15 PM »
Eh, mysterious box is borderline imo. Not because of what it does, but because its 1p. Sacullus was changed to 2p for a similar issue, it might be worth starting a similar discussion with the box.

Just saying, when some people splash a faction for ONE card, you might wanna reconsider how easy it is to splash that card. I'd make the same argument against fear but sleepers are dead -  :'( - so its significantly less relevant.

Sleepers Revival tour - 2016
No matter the problem, the solution is always a flying emberstarter.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2015, 09:48:52 PM »
Eh, mysterious box is borderline imo. Not because of what it does, but because its 1p. Sacullus was changed to 2p for a similar issue, it might be worth starting a similar discussion with the box.

Just saying, when some people splash a faction for ONE card, you might wanna reconsider how easy it is to splash that card. I'd make the same argument against fear but sleepers are dead -  :'( - so its significantly less relevant.

Notably Overseers have many, many good tools at 1 purity beyond box.

Higher Calling (8/8 + Flying for 4 is bonkers)
Zealous Protector (this is actually a very good defender tbh, and gets really really scary with any form of buff)
Consecration (extremely good sideboard card)
Oppress (main board/sideboard card)
Tyra, the Burden of War (burn card that punishes card build up)
Cassial, the Selfless (martyr golem)
Ascended Girls

Offline suli

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2015, 10:26:29 PM »

mysterious box reminds me of noble protector at its height, when people used to splash FD just to have him in command or withing main deck.