Author Topic: One game and all the bugs and inconsistencies in it  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
One game and all the bugs and inconsistencies in it
« on: June 18, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
I enter the ranked queue and the first thing I notice when the game starts is that I don't have the deck I selected. I've heard of this happening to some people.

The guy is playing a shrine deck so I'm thinking I'm wrecked right from the start.

Shrine can save your characters from MD, which I had no idea it can do since Caretaker of the Young can't do the same thing. Caretaker exhausts, but when MD hits, the character exhausted is back on the battlefield and dies a horrible death. Warmachine can also save your battlefield from MD. Why not Caretaker?

Then, I'm thinking I have the upper hand with an Infested Knight + Swift Strikes combo and a Calamity in hand. The Shrine is now at 98% and I clear the board with Calamity. Except, for some reason, a single Rita's Guard which stayed and was enough to bring the Shrine to 100% on the next turn. On the opponent's priority. That one ended in a draw, fortunately.

This has also happened to me with Call the Crusade + MD on the opponent's priority. For some strange reason, Call's tokens survived the MD.

And these are all new bugs, as well as all the shenanigans with overcharged cards not working after the patch that was supposed to have fixed them (1.4.4.)

Guys, what's going on over there?  :(

PS I won the game in the end, but that's not the point of this thread. Just saying, this isn't a I'm-pissed-because-I-lost thread.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:18:21 PM by Pixelei »

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
Re: One game and all the bugs and inconsistencies in it
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »
If you play mass death first and THEN use caretaker, it will drag your guys back to the support zone.

Edit: The rest sounds like a desync, but can't tell.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 01:48:50 PM »
I enter the ranked queue and the first thing I notice when the game starts is that I don't have the deck I selected. I've heard of this happening to some people.

The guy is playing a shrine deck so I'm thinking I'm wrecked right from the start.

Shrine can save your characters from MD, which I had no idea it can do since Caretaker of the Young can't do the same thing. Caretaker exhausts, but when MD hits, the character exhausted is back on the battlefield and dies a horrible death. Warmachine can also save your battlefield from MD. Why not Caretaker?

Then, I'm thinking I have the upper hand with an Infested Knight + Swift Strikes combo and a Calamity in hand. The Shrine is now at 98% and I clear the board with Calamity. Except, for some reason, a single Rita's Guard which stayed and was enough to bring the Shrine to 100% on the next turn. On the opponent's priority. That one ended in a draw, fortunately.

This has also happened to me with Call the Crusade + MD on the opponent's priority. For some strange reason, Call's tokens survived the MD.

And these are all new bugs, as well as all the shenanigans with overcharged cards not working after the patch that was supposed to have fixed them (1.4.4.)

Guys, what's going on over there?  :(

PS I won the game in the end, but that's not the point of this thread. Just saying, this isn't a I'm-pissed-because-I-lost thread.

Epiccccccccc, sounds like heaven

Offline Poiytr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 01:59:28 PM »
After oppresion patch weird things happen in IW.

At the moment abilities can't affect cards created by previous ability. For example if enemy plays Call the crusade, and you play Mass death, then 4/2 tokens won't be affected by your MD.

Another example:
I had 2 demons 10/10, 3 Summoning stones and priority. I used summoning stones to create another 3 demons and then opponent played Calamity. Effect? 4 demons were removed from the game. Calamity couldn't affect one demon, because he was created by my last action.

And another one:
Enemy had Zombie Abominatio, so I destroyed him and then I played Desolation. All of his units were undamaged.

Bugs, bugs, bugs...

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:36 PM »
This sounds like a desync, in it's entirety, and it must have started very early.

I appreciate posts of this nature, and you sending us the information, but I want to be very clear that if you had simply grabbed the Game Log right after that match and sent it over to support with this, we would have easily been able to do something with it and likely get some useful information from the log.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline JayJXZ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 01:47:14 AM »
This sounds like a desync, in it's entirety, and it must have started very early.

I appreciate posts of this nature, and you sending us the information, but I want to be very clear that if you had simply grabbed the Game Log right after that match and sent it over to support with this, we would have easily been able to do something with it and likely get some useful information from the log.

For my own future reference, how do we access the game log?

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 02:00:34 AM »
Quote from: Reporting a Bug/Account Help
To report a glitch, a bug, or some odd occurrence when using the Steam Client please follow the below instructions:

Right click IW in your library on steam, hit properties - local files - browse local files - open Infinity Wars_TCG Data

Make a copy of Output_Log.txt and attach it in the bug report form of the help menu at the top of your game. Make sure to include information and a screenshot if possible.

To locate the new Game Log simply go to the same place the Output Log is. It'll be right next to it.

Source: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=29640.0

If you're on Standalone, just access Program x86 - Lightmare Studios - Same stuff from there.

Make a copy of the game log and/or output log, attach it in an email to Support@lightmare.com.au and give us any details you'd like. This will generally lead to us being able to re-create a scenario and summarily fix a bug or faulty interaction.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline MakinoMane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 03:42:38 PM »
I would like to point out the token ignoring mass removal is a new bug that is not connected to desynchs.  This bug happen with any token generation ability that happens before mass death, aoe, etc. the newly spawned cards ignore any negative affects happening that turn.