Author Topic: Remove from the game effects on overcharge abilities  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Remove from the game effects on overcharge abilities
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:12:09 PM »
So remove from the game affects will remove Monk of Second Moons 2 lives and return it to play with 1 life. But they don't remove multi-strike from Vanguard of the bond, it gets to keep that.

Which one is intended?

Offline kitsunexans

• View Profile
Re: Remove from the game effects on overcharge abilities
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 10:05:12 PM »
Well those are 2 VERY different mechanics.  also mechanically 2 lives go to the grave and revive with 1 less life instantly if it is removed it never goes to the grave so it cant revive this is intended and consistent between cards with the multilives keyword.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 11:30:51 PM »
It's not consistent at all

If you use cta on sol, it returns with 2 lives

If you use cta on a Monk of the second Moon with 2 lives, it returns with 1 life.

That's not consistent. And how is multi strike not the same, ita just a buff from the overcharge mechanic and all other overcharge buffs are removed via cta, box, kidnappers etc.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:44:02 AM »
What CTA does is reset the card to it's basic form you see in your deckbuilder, not when you deploy it, since for things such as Master of Demons it would be useless. Sol has 2 Lives by default, while Monk of the Second Moon gets it only when deployed.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 12:26:11 PM »
What CTA does is reset the card to it's basic form you see in your deckbuilder, not when you deploy it, since for things such as Master of Demons it would be useless. Sol has 2 Lives by default, while Monk of the Second Moon gets it only when deployed.

I'm aware that Sol has 2 lives by default, I'm aware that Monk of the Second Moon gets it when Depolyed. I'm aware that CTA resets a characters stats, I even talk about resetting buffs. You haven't provided any information to shed light on Vanguard of the Bond, which is the issue here.

By the way, CTA does not reset cards to basic form on the deck builder screen. Lets use the Sol example again, if Sol looses a life (so it now has 1 life) and you use CTA on it, it returns to game with 1 life. It has not been reset to its basic form. CTA also doesn't remove effects such as humble.

Not that any of that matters. My question, which I thought was really simple, is:

Why doesn't this resetting happen with Vanguard of the Bond? Whose base form does not have multistrike, but it does happen to Monk of the Second Moon. Leading too the question, which one is intended?

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »
In other words, CTA not affecting Vanguard of the Bond's Overcharge ability is not intended. Sorry for not including this sentence in my previous post, I was rushing through it as I had to answer the call of nature FAST.

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »
In other words, CTA not affecting Vanguard of the Bond's Overcharge ability is not intended. Sorry for not including this sentence in my previous post, I was rushing through it as I had to answer the call of nature FAST.

Lol fair enough