Author Topic: Oppression spoilers  (Read 4543 times)

Offline Githian

• View Profile
Re: Oppression spoilers
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 06:52:05 PM »
Don't know if it me reading this wrong but any number of times wouldn't you be able to make it minus 100 easy cause you can do it as many number of times.

Well, the key thing to remember with these "any number of times" overcharge cards is that you only have a limited number of cards in hand to ditch. With a max hand size of 8 and playing this card from your hand, you can overcharge 7 cards for -21.
Of course, with enough resources you could pay 5 to draw and increase your hand size before the end of the turn, but that would be absurdly expensive.

Ahh so it going to be about the cards in your hand only problem with that text on that card it said nothing about discarding cards from your hand. So it comes off as if you can do it many times as you please for that one turn.

They are basically using overcharge as an action word which stands for "you may remove a card from your hand". Though I still think they should make a tooltip for overcharge.

Offline Zombieskittles

• Pants-wearing YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • Zombieskittles.com
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 07:33:01 PM »
The Wiki has all the cards spoiled (and some that weren't)

http://infinity-wars.wikia.com/wiki/Oppression

Then technically they ARE spoiled? ;)

Maybe a bit late to the party but the animated spoiler for "Denial of Flight" has just gone up on The Infinite Network.

I'm excited, but I want to read more into this than there may be. Is this a good sign for IN?

Offline Oeilduciel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 07:54:27 PM »
I am worried about the flame of Dawn, especially Proctul the sniper: For just one ressource he can deal 4 damages to a character in the support zone, for me it's just too much: It's like a very cheap lightning but one time every turns and can be activated pratically at the start of the game.
If he can do it in the command zone, how are we suppose to deal with him?

Also doing 4 damages is really too heavy, especially in the early game and unlike the Defiant Hermit there's no drawback at all for Proctul. Maybe reducing the damages dealt to 2 or increasing the paying cost to 3 could balance him?

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 08:03:56 PM »
I am worried about the flame of Dawn, especially Proctul the sniper: For just one ressource he can deal 4 damages to a character in the support zone, for me it's just too much: It's like a very cheap lightning but one time every turns and can be activated pratically at the start of the game.
If he can do it in the command zone, how are we suppose to deal with him?

Also doing 4 damages is really too heavy, especially in the early game and unlike the Defiant Hermit there's no drawback at all for Proctul. Maybe reducing the damages dealt to 2 or increasing the paying cost to 3 could balance him?

The drawback is she doesn't hit anything that isn't in the support zone. How often vs Flame Dawn do you let your characters sit in support for multiple turns?

Offline Oeilduciel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2015, 08:18:59 PM »
The drawback is she doesn't hit anything that isn't in the support zone. How often vs Flame Dawn do you let your characters sit in support for multiple turns?

Every time at least two turns for most of my characters, but my main question stays: Can he use his capacity from the command zone or does he need to be in the support zone?

Offline Pixels

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 08:47:01 PM »
Nice!

Offline jgsnowbaorder

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2015, 10:40:43 PM »
overcharged is technically a keyword that is badly explained. meaning that cards are removed from your hand (being removed from the game) not that they are discarded. it really needs hovertext explaining its effect.
Now, now, let's all calm down. No-one knows what they're talking about anyway ;)

Offline Caberman

• Aka Lucratius
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2015, 11:23:24 PM »

Hermit is probably one of the worst examples you could have given, I'm still standing that his effect is just stupid and creates 10-90 matchups that should not exist (especially since the nerf of protector). Proctul is pretty much just a BLBP/Kidnapper/Chef etc. killer, and bringing up his (her? Eyes look kinda feminine) cost to 3 would kill the card into Scramble-tier. I for certain would not put him/her in my command zone if I'm playing a standard FD deck.
"A cynical bastard"

Vengeful warrior or bust.

Offline Githian

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 12:23:15 AM »
If you are looking for OP cards in Oppression, Proctul isn't one of those. It's probably going to be a commander for fun decks and maybe an option for sideboards, depending on the metagame. Not much more.

Offline SgtNoGlory

• The Wiki Guy
    • View Profile
    • Infinity Wars Wiki
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 12:59:37 AM »
The Wiki has all the cards spoiled (and some that weren't)

http://infinity-wars.wikia.com/wiki/Oppression
Wow, all 100 of them. This is new I think, never before a full set was spoiled before its release. I like it.

I think that might have been a mistake. There are a few cards that  Teremus specifically avoided showing (probably because they are being worked on) that are on the wiki.

Being able to look over the whole set is definitely nice though.

I received the green light from Teremus last night to put the set up.

NOTE: Some cards aren't final and are subject to change.
The Infinity Wars Wiki guy.

Offline Chaoticfool

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 01:01:38 AM »
I received the green light from Teremus last night to put the set up.

NOTE: Some cards aren't final and are subject to change.

Thanks a lot for the hard work, having all the cards up and in one place was awesome.