Author Topic: How is Humble supposed to work? Is it bugged or is the text misleading?  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Fydorian

• View Profile
I played Humble against a 28/28 zombie scavenger today, expecting it to be reduced back to a 2/2 with no card text. Its text was removed, but it did not reset to 2/2.

Humble reads "Target character loses all text, buffs, and debuffs." What are buffs and debuffs in this context? It seems intuitive that buffs/debuffs would be stat changes from what is printed on the card right? Does it mean keywords like flying or unstoppable instead? Aren't keywords included in card text? Why wouldn't the card simply read "Target character loses all text" instead?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:27:13 PM by Fydorian »

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
Humble doesn't change stats, if just creates a "plain" character at the time of use. So, the Scavenger retained its 28/28, but becomes a vanilla creature with no abilities.

If you used Humble on the Scavenger when it was a 2/2, it wouldn't have been able to grow due to losing its ability.

If you want the best rule of thumb when figuring out how humble will affect a character, just think about the character becoming a vanilla character (no special abilities) that retains whatever stats it has at the time you use humble.

(So yes, it does away with flying, unstoppable, multi strike, etc...any special effect)

You are right, though...some of these cards do need to be more clear. It is not unreasonable to expect that the Scavenger would return to its original value based on the way Humble reads.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 05:35:32 PM by TheRealTuna »

Offline Fydorian

• View Profile
So it should read something like "Target character loses all text and additional effects" then?

Is Lightmare hiring someone to proofread all the cards and make sure card text is completely unambiguous? Because I've seen a lot of typos, and this is the second time today I've seen a card work in a way other than its text suggests.

I have a Business BS, and am a native English speaker with a lot of experience both proofreading and playing card games, so if you read this Lightmare, I'm open for interviews. Not even joking, QA is my jam.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 05:42:11 AM by Fydorian »

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
No the target character should loose all buffs. It's a bug that's never been fixed.

Offline TheRealTuna

• Prems 4 Sale!
    • View Profile
No the target character should loose all buffs. It's a bug that's never been fixed.

Lmfao, seriously? puffy needs to be fixed badly then...

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
So it should read something like "Target character loses all text and additional effects" then?

Is Lightmare hiring someone to proofread all the cards and make sure card text is completely unambiguous? Because I've seen a lot of typos, and this is the second time today I've seen a card work in a way other than its text suggests.

I have a Business BS, and am a native English speaker with a lot of experience both proofreading and playing card games, so if you read this Lightmare, I'm open for interviews.

I think lose all text would suffice. Any special effects are part of the text