Author Topic: Custom Tournament: Saturday at 5pm CDT, 10pm IWT  (Read 1213 times)

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
Custom Tournament: Saturday at 5pm CDT, 10pm IWT
« on: May 28, 2015, 03:41:27 PM »
Hello everyone. I will be hosting a single-purity deck tournament this Saturday, at 10pm IWT. The event will be double-elimination with single matches per pairing. Maximum 32 players. Full information is available at the Challonge website: http://kinetic.challonge.com/Inf_Wars_Single_Purity_1

I am seeking assistance from 1-2 judges with experience. While I am not new to casting, I am new to casting for a digital TCG and I want to make sure I go into this new experience with full humility. I expect to discuss IW in general as a newcomer to the game, as well as cast matches as much as possible via re-streaming player Point-of-View via their Twitch or Steam Broadcasts, when available.

Thank you for your consideration, and have a great weekend everyone!

[Post replicated between Steam forums and official IW forum boards]

Offline Chaz8591

• View Profile
Re: Custom Tournament: Saturday at 5pm CDT, 10pm IWT
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 03:55:39 PM »
Your rules state no Hybrids (Which wouldn't be possible in single faction), however are Mercenary purity faction cards okay?

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
No Hybrid cards is a pointless restriction that punishes Triple Genesis decks that rely on Ascended Lucca.

In addition, according to my math, a 32 man double elimination tournament is 10 rounds. 10 rounds, at 30 minutes each is 5 hours. Assuming everything runs on time, and you don't offer any breaks, that's a LONG commitment.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 04:13:20 PM »
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this Saturday :(

If you plan on hosting these regularly/semi regularly, for future events it might be helpful to post the info at least a week in advance. A lot of people don't visit the forums more than every few days, so it can be easy to miss an event that is posted close to the date it starts.

Offline Chaz8591

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 04:56:58 PM »
No Hybrid cards is a pointless restriction that punishes Triple Genesis decks that rely on Ascended Lucca.

Isn't ascended Lucca a Mercenary card, not a Hybrid card?

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 05:07:26 PM »
If you want to make up random terms to describe cards, sure.

Using the in-game terminology, a Hybrid Faction card is a card like Ascended Lucca or Ascended Xi.

A Dual Faction card is card like Defiant Hermit, Divine Demonic, Infested Scavenger etc.

Offline Chaz8591

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 05:18:50 PM »

Using the in-game terminology, a Hybrid Faction card is a card like Ascended Lucca or Ascended Xi.

A Dual Faction card is card like Defiant Hermit, Divine Demonic, Infested Scavenger etc.

Sorry, I thought it was an official term, my mistake.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:26:00 PM »

Sorry, I thought it was an official term, my mistake.

The term mercenary came up a few times when they were explaining how they wanted the system to work before they implemented it, but as far as I know, it never went live with said terminology. You can see the terminology used in game in the In-Game card filter, by sorting by purities.

Offline DrewUniverse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 06:27:03 PM »
Thank you to everyone for the replies. I believe some changes are in order.

Hybrid cards will be allowed. My objective was complete purity, but I can understand that this would equate to a harsh ban list. I will also drop the maximum player count to 16, and an intermission will occur after the quarterfinals. If attendance is too low, I will reschedule for next week and set a better time if necessary.

Generally I post 1-2 weeks in advance of an event, but I took two days longer than planned to make the announcement, and I was uncertain if the pauper league was decided to be Fridays for sure, yet. I can write more when I get home from work, and thank you for the constructive feedback.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »
I've uploaded the final game to my youtube channel if anyone wants to watch

https://youtu.be/RWq_ljzaDGE

Thanks again to DrewUniverse for hosting !