Author Topic: Lore Changes in Campaign?  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
Lore Changes in Campaign?
« on: May 26, 2015, 10:08:36 AM »
So i've noticed the campaign lore has some differences from previous lore tidbits, what I guess Lightmare would call unofficial lore or WWKnight lore.

- The Flame Dawn turned on Genesis because they ran out of nations to conquer. But according to the new campaign map, there's a nation called Jittara still out there.

- Verore Aleta finds monks outside of the Great Wall of Jinhai guarding a rift. I was under the impression the DoD never left, because of corruption and xenophobia and all that.

- From memory, the sleepers rift portal was at the epicenter of the Calamity, but the current rift from Talich is placed pretty far away from there. Seems a bit weird that the United Talich Front is either going to holding the sleepers off with water in their way, or taking a REALLY long route

- Also, Talich has a Rift that leads to... 'Talic'. I assume that's just a misprint. It doesn't have the H, and neither does the rift on the Old World side.

Those are all I can think of offhand.

Offline Rickashay

• View Profile
Re: Lore Changes in Campaign?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 04:06:57 PM »
From what I remember the original calamity rift was actually in the Old World (warpaths one) and that's the reason there were literally no human survivors other than aleta.

Offline Junker99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 04:41:06 PM »
Ya I noticed that change suddenly there's a third power left on the Flame Dawn's Home World, which also has a ruined counterpart in the cult. This is likely new faction bait at some point I'd guess?

Also it seems like it's now they went after GI because it was the only target left beside that lone continent nation off in the ocean. Was the Dawn just seeking to get all the mainland under their control first now? Also where's Kali? :( Will we get more story later and stuff covering the Exiles and Overseers?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:02:56 PM »
And for those of us who remember the lore of the old campaign, is it still valid? Because the new stuff doesn't contradict it at all.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline BlackLorren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 05:28:02 PM »
There is also a spot on a island named "Sanctuary", maybe for a water based faction ?

Offline kitsunexans

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:59:38 PM »
I think terimus said on stream that they were going to have to recon some stuff. It sounds like they dident have a fully fleshed out world ready but they are working on that behind scenes.

Also on talach there was a group to the north that apparently had no strategic worth so that also could be a new faction.  I can understand them using the wall as a last line of defense for dod and still sending people out to keep people away.  Dont remember any mention of where exactly the sleepers portal was and if anything some flavor text implies that there was more than one rift.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 11:54:32 PM »
Flame dawn also might not have known about the island, and just assumed their continent was all that existed of their world

Offline Poga

• QA and Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 06:20:42 AM »
We are working on consolidating and fleshing out the official lore over the next coming weeks and months. It would be safe to assume the only official lore would be the new campaign and flavor text on cards. Some of the flavor text on cards may even be changing.
James.. I make this game.

Offline Junker99

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:38 AM »
We are working on consolidating and fleshing out the official lore over the next coming weeks and months. It would be safe to assume the only official lore would be the new campaign and flavor text on cards. Some of the flavor text on cards may even be changing.

Oh this should be interesting to see then, the lore of the game is part of what really grabbed me, to start.