Poll

Do you use Hellkeeper in your deck?

Yes
3 (37.5%)
No
5 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: HellKeeper  (Read 883 times)

Offline Zarkhes

• View Profile
HellKeeper
« on: May 14, 2015, 06:09:38 AM »
So im trying to build demon deck with 1 verore/2 exile. and i just cant decide if i should add it to the deck.6/6 flying for 0 seems good, but what if itll spam my draw with cards i realy dont need?Should i reduce it to maybe 40?

Also im trying create pauper deck.In that hellkeeper seems like a wiser idea, but i cant decide between him and demonborn.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Re: HellKeeper
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 08:15:34 AM »
I use him in command in a deck with the same purity setup as yours. Makes a good early character in some situations.

I'm not sure if 'in command' counts as 'in deck', for the purposes of your poll.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: HellKeeper
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 04:57:57 PM »
A 6/6 flyer isn't really that strong. But hand advantage isn't as important in this game. The main problem is that it's a very long term commitment and in the meantime you're stuck with a 4/5 in a very aggressive metagame.

Because of this, it's not really something you just add to your deck. But it is a card you can build decks around. For example Hellkeeper, Hellcaller and Master of Demons all have synergy.

It's most popular use seems be in a command zone containing 2x Hellkeeper and 1x Evellee Mage Guild Recruiter. You deploy the hellkeepers and then use Evellee to play the demons. I appreciate that Evellee is a legendary and you may not have access to it.