Author Topic: [Official] Infinity Wars Pauper League, Week 2  (Read 919 times)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
[Official] Infinity Wars Pauper League, Week 2
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:14:05 AM »
Hello everyone,

The signups for Week 2 are posted, spread the word and get yourself in there!

http://challonge.com/IWPauperWeek2

You can see a review of Week 1 Here.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
Re: [Official] Infinity Wars Pauper League, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 10:23:05 AM »
I was reading through the description again and I had a suggestion.

Currently there's 2 raffles each week for everyone that's participating, but there's quite a chance a player shows up only once and he wins the raffle and another players shows up every single week and never wins anything. Maybe giving every player a point for each week they're joining the tournament and at the end of each month / season they can use those points to unlock items, to encourage and reward more players for participating every week. I know it's still a tournament for fun and playing games and there's nothing wrong with the raffle system, but I just had this idea in my head. :)

Offline Murdac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »
Did people have problems with Challonge this week?

I were playing infinity crisis with a friend to kill time till tourney, checked challonge five-ish minutes after check in should start, no check in, play one more match, about 10 is minutes till check in end, no check in, and yes I refreshed page in between.

So I think, ok time shows fri-sat night but it's sat-sun night again apparently. Pretty sure about time since I always match the time format using internet time converters.

Then I check it now and see tournament is over.

So, I stayed up night and reserved tomorrow morning for nothing.

Yey, challonge bye bye monthly :(
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:15:29 PM by Murdac »

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 07:15:58 PM »
As I said in the week 2 review, there were quite a few people who get extremely upset with *me* when the tournament started and they hadn't checked in.

There were also the same amount of people that were able to check in just fine. I saw the check ins working the minute it hit the time I set for it, so I have no idea what could have caused anything to be wrong.

Furthermore, don't give up on the monthly. There are still 2 weeks left, which is a maximum of 30 points to get if we do another 5 rounds per week. You only need to be in the top 16. You're fine.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Murdac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 08:29:12 PM »
I know Teremus, just annoyed I couldn't check in and angry at myself for not logging in game to check there as well.

But as for the problem comes I were with voice chat in that time so if this was court case, I'd have a witness.

I just have to beat next tournament with the fury of drop bear, not giving up yet, I shall rise like a sleeper !

Congratulations to winners as well ! wp =)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 08:37:07 PM by Murdac »