Author Topic: Where can I go to report someone who is hacking the game?  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Ragnoraok

• View Profile
Where can I go to report someone who is hacking the game?
« on: April 22, 2015, 05:46:40 AM »
I played against a player who exhibited the classic signs of hacking. The player's purity was all purple, yet that person constantly played Vasir The Chained Prince as if it had charge turn for turn. On top of that, the player managed to stall the game for an excess of 15 minutes (I specifically waited that long because I felt something was up); the moment I conceded the game, hen was able to play the last game of the match. I messaged the player multiple times calling hen out, and I was met with nothing but taunts. An 11 resource card was also played, which removed all cards from play (I assumed it was fake as that is an objectively broken card). I actually friend-ed the user, so if there is anyway I can extract any specific info, please let me know.

The username is -Redacted-

May someone please direct me through the proper channels to report this person. Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:25:55 AM by Teremus »

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
Re: Where can I go to report someone who is hacking the game?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 06:26:56 AM »
This forum does not allow public shaming - to the better or worse to the game. So please delete the name...

The 11 ressource card for whiping the whole table might be Oblivion. There is nothing wrong, as long as 14 spell cards are already in the graveyard.

"Stalling" the game for 15 minutes does sound like an endless turn. That happens most of the time, when a desync happend during the game, which might be the reason for all those strange observations you did.

Especially with Vasir - i dont think that Word of Command works with him, but im not sure. So this part of your post is pretty strange. But desync could be the reason.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 06:28:54 AM »
1] I removed the users name from your post, as we do not allow public shaming or witch hunts on these boards. I would appreciate cooperation in the future.

2] Reporting a Bug/Account Help[/quote]

Quote from: Above linked post
Do you have a problem with your account? Do you think you're missing something? Is your client not actually working? Are you scared and want a hug?

There is a function in the game client under the "Help" tab, or you can just send us an e-mail with all associated information. Screenshots, game information, board states, anything that you'd like to provide.

The e-mail, as mentioned in that post, is Support@lightmare.com.au it's always been publicly available. There's your proper channel.

Thank you.

Furthermore, you may wish to ask some questions, as your knowledge of the game is lacking which leads me to believe there's a large amount of misunderstandings here.

An 11 resource card was also played, which removed all cards from play (I assumed it was fake as that is an objectively broken card).

The card in reference is known as The Calamity.

Allow me to be blunt. Do not ever call a user out on an assumption. If you're wrong, you're putting yourself in a horrible situation and are objectively creating that which you wish to not exist within the community in yourself. Please be mindful of this when playing ANY online multiplayer game.

There's a lot of what is shown in here that could very easily be the result of a de-sync, but within an output log/game log there is no way we can know either direction.

Please keep all reports of this nature private, and straight to us in the future. Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:31:51 AM by Teremus »
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »
An 11 resource card was also played, which removed all cards from play (I assumed it was fake as that is an objectively broken card).
Heh.

I agree with you a certain extent. While I feel Calamity greatly de–emphasises strategic play, it isn't too broken.

Offline Ragnoraok

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »
I was just asking for the proper channels, as the situation was very bizarre; I tried to report the user in game, but could only do so for spamming, and the help menu only allowed me to report buggy interactions. I did not know there was a rule against posting user names, and for that I apologize. NOW that I know the proper channels, I will go there in the future.

Not only was the user continuously using Vasir as though it had charge for 3 straight turns, but everytime I destroyed it, it would go back to his hand (it specifically mentions that it should be shuffled back to the deck). On top of that, the game specifically said that it was waiting for the player to end their turn even after 15 minutes; whenever such a thing happened in previous games, it would not even allow to click on the end playing/resume playing button. That is why I felt it necessary to report it here as the confluence of anomalies greatly favored my opponent.

I realize that my knowledge is lacking, but how did I display that here? Does Vasir have charge? Does it go straight to the hand without an ability? Moreover, I called the user out on more than The Calamity being played; hence why I mentioned it last.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:32:18 PM by Ragnoraok »

wham

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »
By any chance, were you using the alt art death ray to kill the vasir, Ragnoraok?

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 09:44:51 PM »
I tried to report the user in game, but could only do so for spamming, and the help menu only allowed me to report buggy interactions.

One of the options in the Help Menu is "Report Player". It is a very open ended report, allowing you to state whatever it is you wish.  That said, I still strongly recommend simply emailing us.

On top of that, the game specifically said that it was waiting for the player to end their turn even after 15 minutes

This is what leads me to believe the entire scenario was a de-sync. Once a de-sync occurs, a large number of things can go wrong in exceptionally strange ways. They don't happen in large magnitude very often, but due to the way communication works, it is a possibility. I try to never rule either side out, as both are *always* possibilities.

An Endless Turn is a symptom of a De-Sync, and when an Endless Turn occurs, you'll see that message sitting there forever. Anything could have *created* the de-sync, and without the output log/game log we can't know what it was.

That is why I felt it necessary to report it here as the confluence of anomalies greatly favored my opponent.

It generally will regardless of how the de-sync occurred. You are seeing one thing happen, while your opponent sees something else, or isn't even in the game altogether.

I realize that my knowledge is lacking, but how did I display that here?

Simply the amount of assumptions you made, which then led to you proceeding to "Call your opponent out". Without full information, the actions you'll take accordingly can be mislead greatly.

For context, I wasn't specifically saying you shouldn't have called your opponent out with The Calamity, I'm saying you shouldn't have called him out period. If it's a de-sync and your opponent isn't actually doing anything wrong, you're speaking in an incredibly brash manner towards them and antagonizing them wrongfully, and you would in fact be the one in the wrong.

This is why I say simply make your reports straight to us and we'll talk to you about it. Bringing it up to your opponent can lead to a large number of bad situations, depending on what's actually happening, and no one wants that.

I make this game, James.

Offline Ragnoraok

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 04:18:54 AM »
By any chance, were you using the alt art death ray to kill the vasir, Ragnoraok?

I used the regular version of Death Ray: a purple beam hitting an armored man resulting in a ripple of purple energy. Easily the most bizarre match I ever faced.

Offline AirborneScientist

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 10:36:23 AM »
Are Lightmare doing/planning to do anything about the de-sync issues?

Offline OneTwo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 11:26:57 AM »

The IW 2015 client was announced as a solution, to get rid of the peer to peer structure. The plan was, to get a server-based architecture.

It was not named in the monthly dev-report, so i dont know if the project is dropped or on ice or whatever. But we can assume, that right now noone is working on it, as i understand the meaning of the report so far.

But thats only speculation.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:29:09 AM by OneTwo »

Offline IguanaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 01:42:58 PM »

The IW 2015 client was announced as a solution, to get rid of the peer to peer structure. The plan was, to get a server-based architecture.

It was not named in the monthly dev-report, so i dont know if the project is dropped or on ice or whatever. But we can assume, that right now noone is working on it, as i understand the meaning of the report so far.

But thats only speculation.
Teremus mentioned in his latest stream that IW2015 is no longer beinh worked on and they are concentrating on fixing up IW2014 instead.  Also, Server based architecture would cost 60k plus need to be outsourced from what he said sounded like its not coming anytime soon.

Thats my memory of things anyway, please correct me if I am wrong.
"Seriously if we don't bug hunt they might end up a new faction!" - Junker99

wham

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 02:40:52 PM »
Teremus mentioned in his latest stream that IW2015 is no longer beinh worked on and they are concentrating on fixing up IW2014 instead.  Also, Server based architecture would cost 60k plus need to be outsourced from what he said sounded like its not coming anytime soon.

Thats my memory of things anyway, please correct me if I am wrong.
That's pretty much right. AFAIK

Teremus made a distinction in the stream between the progress on the IW2015 client and the server architecture. The server architecture is like you said, and the (devs) decided it wouldn't be feasable to do IW2015 all at once, so they're patching it into the current client bit by bit.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 09:44:17 PM »

We have *always* worked on them. It's not something that can be resolved 100% so long as we have the current connection model we use, until we're at a point where server architecture is possible.

One of the efforts we're taking will be outlined in the april post, as it's going to help quite a bit.

I make this game, James.