Author Topic: Rift rewards and 5 tips  (Read 4550 times)

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Rift rewards and 5 tips
« on: April 09, 2015, 10:50:13 AM »
Hi all! :)
'What do I get for X wins?' Is a fairly regularly asked question in global chat so ive acquired the current info on what amount of wins gets you what. Should be pretty handy, and ive thrown in 5 tips for getting the most out of your rift runs.

Rift Run Rewards

All wins and losses grant IP based on time in exactly the same way that IP is granted in normal and ranked games and it is simply all totaled up and given to you at the end of your run.
1 win - Common card
2 wins - Common + Common
3 wins - Uncommon
4 wins - uncommon + common
5 wins - uncommon + common + common
NOTE: Also the point where your games (including 3 losses) have earned you 1000 IP enough for another rift run.
6 wins - Uncommon + Uncommon
7 wins - Uncommon + uncommon + common
8 wins - Uncommon + uncommon + Uncommon
9 wins - rare + uncommon + uncommon

10 wins - rare + Uncommon + Uncommon + common
12 wins - rare + uncommon + uncommon + uncommon
15 wins - Rare + Rare + Uncommon
18 wins - Epic + Rare
21 wins - Epic + rare + Common
24 wins - Epic + rare + Uncommon
27 wins - Epic + rare + Uncommon + Common
29 wins - NOTE: Deck becomes free to purchase at this point 43 cards for free well done! :)
30 wins - Epic + rare + Uncommon + Uncommon

35 wins - Legendary + epic + uncommon + uncommon
40 wins - Legendary + epic + rare
45 wins - Legendary + epic + rare + rare
50 wins - Legendary + epic + epic
60 wins - Legendary + Epic + Epic + rare
70 wins - Legendary + legendary + epic + rare
80 wins - Legendary + legendary + epic + epic
96 wins - My personal best
100 wins - Legendary + Legendary + Legendary
200 wins - The most wins ever achieved by a player, great job Kurasu! :)

Tips for getting the most out of your draft

1. If you want to get good value out of draft NEVER abandon your deck because you think its a bad deck or doesn't have the right factions or 'good cards' or lose the first game. Some of my longest runs have been with decks that I came THIS close to abandoning and with janky weird faction mixes that I thought would be terrible but actually worked great. The opposite has also happened where I thought I had a great deck and bombed out at 2-3. So never give up on your deck and never waste IP abandoning and picking until you think you have good cards. It will not be worthwhile and not only that but learning how to make the most of a suboptimal deck is the QUICKEST way to improve at IW in my opinion. Skills that you can take with you into your next rift or into constructed.

2. Heres another very practical tip for getting the most out of your rift runs. Once you have drafted a deck but before you've played any games with it go to your deck builder and build the deck you drafted as close as possible (usually not hard since rift decks usually have very few rares). Now you can practice with your draft deck and get the feel of how it plays out by playing some normal queue games with it. A lot of my longer runs have an early loss because I am unfamiliar with how to play the new deck ive drafted properly and had I practiced with it before hand could have gone further.

3. When picking cards look out for some cards which can end the game. Draft games wind up in a bit of a stalemate where neither side can safely commit to good attack and in these situations you want something that can finish that last 25 hp off and turn these games into a win for you. Cards that have or create flying are great for this but there are many others as well. Try picking up a Mortar Cannon in your rifts and i think you'll find it can pay off big time when you and your opponent are deadlocked. Another stalemate breaker is Aleta Tinkerer creating a stream of death worshipers which can quickly become huge late in the game when you both have 25 characters.

4. Make sure to draft some tools. As new sets and buffs and nerfs happens youll have to adjust what tools you think youll need. Generally you do no need any land destruction but currently you really should get at least 1 artifact destroyer for those pesky warmachines and its worth getting (and holding until needed) something that can take a zuza command out of the picture. Destroying a warmachine on the turn it would be complete wastes tons of their time and hp since they probably wernt blocking or attacking with much. Likewise taking zuza out on a turn when they were relying on stealing your biggest character or flyer can really swing the game in your favor. Do not fear these cards just pack tools to deal with them. Now a great way you can get the most out of the tools you draft is to take at least 1 if not 2-3 recycles. Recycle means that you can get back the tools that you need most against a particular opponent which makes your deck much more effective.

5. Draft a good curve. If you set aside 10-15 cards for removal tools and game enders the rest of your deck can be built around a smooth and fairly low cost curve. Smooth curves consisting of lower cost characters and abilities make it easy to use all the mana you have every turn instead of missing turns or only being able to use some of your mana. If you do this well (you pretty much always should be able to) then it will win you a lot of games against opponents who haven't got a nice curve. To put it simply if you are playing stuff and they aren't playing stuff then you are quickly gaining advantages over the board and they will have to really out play you to get back into it.

Good luck have fun :) I hope to meet you in the rifts and have many mighty battles
Goose got me loose!

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Rift rewards and 5 tips
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:33:11 PM »
Great guide!

People who don't understand what a mana curve is might get confused by your 5th tip. It might be worth briefly explaining them, or linking in an explanation: http://hearthstoneplayers.com/importance-mana-curve-arena/

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 12:07:05 AM »
Bumpity bumpsauce
Goose got me loose!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 12:23:11 AM »
A decent tip that is relevant in general though more so in rift is: Play from the hand, before from Command.

If you have two similar characters (let's say a Splitter Bot) playing the one in your hand on turn 4 is generally a better play than playing the one from Command. There are circumstances where it is the other way around, of course, but playing from hand has two very important advantages.

1) Your opponent cannot target the character played from hand before you play it, meaning you are much less likely to eat a Death Ray, and much more likely to waste an opponents turn on a bad predict.

2) Playing characters with Haste (which every character in the command zone has) is increasingly better as the game goes on and both players deplete their command zone options. If you can stay even with your opponent on board presence, while retaining the advantage of having Commanders available to play, you actually have a huge edge as your enemy is forced to factor your commanders into all their attacking and blocking decisions - even if you choose to never play them.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 12:59:35 AM »
Good tip there Merlin, and if I may add to that whenever you start a rift game make note of their commanders so you know what purity cards they have access to. Many a time ive been half way through a rift and been struggling to remember if they had 2 verore commanders at the start or just one. It makes a big difference if you know they cant possibly have a mass death lurking or something like that.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Wayfinder1026

• Anime Freak
    • View Profile
    • Wattpad Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 01:30:44 AM »
I forget too. What I do to remember their purities is go through their graveyard and take a look at their cards. if I find one with two purities then I know... if not then I could still be screwed..
*No one's noticed i'm a madman*

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2016, 03:35:19 AM »
Another stalemate breaker is Aleta Tinkerer creating a stream of death worshipers which can quickly become huge late in the game when you both have 25 characters.
Aleta, Immortal Traveller.

A decent tip that is relevant in general though more so in rift is: Play from the hand, before from Command.

If you have two similar characters (let's say a Splitter Bot) playing the one in your hand on turn 4 is generally a better play than playing the one from Command. There are circumstances where it is the other way around, of course, but playing from hand has two very important advantages.

1) Your opponent cannot target the character played from hand before you play it, meaning you are much less likely to eat a Death Ray, and much more likely to waste an opponents turn on a bad predict.

2) Playing characters with Haste (which every character in the command zone has) is increasingly better as the game goes on and both players deplete their command zone options. If you can stay even with your opponent on board presence, while retaining the advantage of having Commanders available to play, you actually have a huge edge as your enemy is forced to factor your commanders into all their attacking and blocking decisions - even if you choose to never play them.
This should go into your tactics guide.

You should only play Commanders first if there's an urgent need for an attacker or defender.

Offline delusionsofhope

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 06:44:24 PM »
Good small tip that many players do is abandon! Very well pointed out Adora and playing from hand not command is a good tip but sometimes you can gain tempo by blocking or attacking from command zone that it could be worth it.
Live, Laugh, Love and Enjoy a good game of Infinity Wars!

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 06:16:36 AM »
Out of curiousity, are these rewards based off of wins or games played? You see, I started up my first draft since Ascension came out (I don't draft a lot) and my very first game was a draw. I was wondering how that would affect the rewards.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 06:36:31 AM »
I dont think draws effect it though they might take off some of the IP cost of buying the deck. Not sure about that though.
Goose got me loose!

Offline Pelagoth

• Sock Puppet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 10:00:53 AM »
This guide could use an update to the new and improved Rift run reward System. :P

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 05:24:31 AM »
Yea ill update it after they finish changing stuff in rift
Goose got me loose!

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »
This guide is superseded by my updated new and improved guide so this can be unstickied

http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=66129.0
Goose got me loose!