Author Topic: What are the cards a Flame Dawn deck, paired with GI should totally contain?  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
Currently I'm running a Double FD / single DoD Deck, but I'm actually more intrested in GI's boosting. However I don't really have enough cards so.. what cards are really needed for a rush based fd/gi deck?

Greetz Goldschuss <-- ingame name. Add me if you want

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
I'm not sure if this is really the appropriate forum for a question like this (maybe deckbuilding would be better?) but for starters I'd say some of the cards that are good in their own faction will also work with the combined purities.

Since you're using GI you really should get a set of both Splitter Robot and Support Drone. These will help no matter what type of deck you want to build. The same could be said for FD Commando, which is an excellent way to deal with a Wealthy Noble.

As far as purities go, I think there's more to be gained from 2FD than from 2GI. 2FD opens up wonderful combos such as Sacullas + CTA or Duelist + GI buffs. 2GI/1FD just doesn't seem to match the power of 2FD/GI. The only benefit from 2GI would be Angelify, and that's just not enough.

I am fully anticipating a future nerf to Noble Protector, but as it stands he's really a must have. Since he works in command you could (ab)use his ability to utilize the full potential of Secluded Constructor with relative impunity. FD also has some excellent buffing targets in the form of Duelist, Emberstarter and both of the paladins.

You might need a little more fodder for the Constructor if you go this route, so I would recommend Infected Drone to go along with the Splitters and Support Drones.

I'm sure there's a lot more to be said about this purity setup, but this should get you started.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
This is probably as close to optimal as anyone has gotten with a 2FD/GI list this season.

http://infinite-network.com/deck/view/27969/order-fdgi

You probably don't have all the cards yet but it might serve as a good reference tool.

Offline Goldschuss

• View Profile
Ah, sorry for the confusion, I was talking about double FD and single GI anyway. I just wanted to replace the DoD purity with GI, because the only thing I got from DoD was Daode as Commander anyway :P
Thank you for the responses.
Since he works in command you could (ab)use his ability to utilize the full potential of Secluded Constructor with relative impunity.

Wait, does this mean I can sacrifice robots from the command zone and they don't die cause of the passive from Noble? That sounds rather awesome :P but it would force me into double GI single FD

Greetz Goldschuss
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 08:23:55 AM by Goldschuss »

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
Wait, does this mean I can sacrifice robots from the command zone and they don't die cause of the passive from Noble? That sounds rather awesome :P but it would force me into double GI single FD

Haha, you wish.

Noble protector only protects from damage effects, and enemy damage effects at that. That wouldn't protect form constructor's sacrifice effect, which is a much deadlier effect. Secluded constructor can't sacrifice command characters anyway, so that's not really worth doing.

What noble protector does do is enable secluded constructor to sit in command and do her thing safely. Granted, this does take up two whole slots, but it's very safe from AoE and damage, frequent killers of soft commanders like Ritual Master and Secluded Constructor.

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
Ah, sorry for the confusion, I was talking about double FD and single GI anyway. I just wanted to replace the DoD purity with GI, because the only thing I got from DoD was Daode as Commander anyway :P
Thank you for the responses.
Since he works in command you could (ab)use his ability to utilize the full potential of Secluded Constructor with relative impunity.

Greetz Goldschuss

I already imagined you were thinking about 2FD/GI, but I wanted to cover both options anyway.

As Stranger42 said, what Noble Protector does here is protect Secluded Constructor from such things as Lightning Blast, Firebolt, Yuanshi's Wrath, etc. A 4 health character is easily killed even in command which is always a risk for anyone who wants to use Secluded Constructor. Counters are so prevalent that normally it's best to have a full set of backup Constructors in the deck if your deck relies on them.

Noble Protector changes this because almost all cheap counters to Secluded Constructor rely on dealing damage. This means you can get away with not running spare Constructors (which would often be a dead draw) and you don't have to worry about your constructor getting killed with priority as much (which can mess up your plans).

One thing you should keep in mind is that Noble Protector only protects against non-combat damage caused directly by your opponent. This means he won't protect against your own abilities, but it also means he won't protect against the effect of poison or immolated status effects. In this case the damage is caused by the status effect and not the ability that caused the status effect. So your characters can still die to poison or immolate damage.

Of course you could forgo the Constructor entirely as MerliniX shows. GI is very strong even without it and that way you don't have to sacrifice two command slots for cards that don't provide direct pressure. Since you are fairly new I imagine you're pretty far off from being able to build that deck though (I'm not even close myself).

Offline Goldschuss

• View Profile
In this case the damage is caused by the status effect and not the ability that caused the status effect. So your characters can still die to poison or immolate damage.

So, since there's no way to heal poison you could say poison is a.. toxic mechanic? :P

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
Also, I should mention, while we're on the topic of noble protector:

Noble protector protects from non-combat damage, which is a pretty major source of damage. However, it doesn't protect against straight up kill effects (like perils of command), sacrifice effects (wholesale slaughter), and prominently, stat manipulation effects. You can instantly kill a regular secluded constructor even under a protector buff by using mark of the demon on it, since its max hp becomes 0, same goes for shifting stone