Author Topic: Suggested Reflective Shield Change (Artifact?)  (Read 839 times)

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Suggested Reflective Shield Change (Artifact?)
« on: March 26, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »
Reflective Shield is currently quite a bad card, as it is too risky to play cost–wise because of it's requirement for prediction, even more so than the 6–Cost Mass Death, and this comparison also brings out the question of what it's cost should be, relatively speaking.

My first suggestion is to simply reduce it's cost to 5. It's pretty similar in efficiency as compared to Winds of War. Damage dealt would be slightly less than 5 on average (since the average Power of attackers seldom reaches 10) and it is less flexible in terms of Zones it can affect, balancing out the damage reduction to your Fortress for a turn and not affecting your own characters.

My second suggestion is to turn it into an Artifact, following the concept of Low Orbit Ion Cannon by including 'exhaust for 2 turns' as part of its activation cost and Unique status to prevent spamming. Its original cost could be 4, and its activation cost could be 3 (not because I think that it is on par with Ion Cannon, but because I think Ion Cannon is too cheap for what it does).

Thoughts?

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
Re: Suggested Reflective Shield Change (Artifact?)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:07:45 PM »
I think Reflective Shield is fine right where it is. Its a borderline stall card, and the only reason it isnt used more is because Veroria exists and negates the need to have a back up in decks where stall is required.

Merlin uses it in 2CoV 1 DoD shrine in the sideboard, and lets be honest the last thing Verore needs right now is more ways to stall.

wham

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:08:19 PM »
It's not great, but it's usable.

If you've got a nice health buffer you can use reflective shield to back out of the defense zone, which either lets you finish off the enemies that attacked with aoe, or set up for a mass death.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:45:04 PM »
I think Reflective Shield is fine right where it is. Its a borderline stall card, and the only reason it isnt used more is because Veroria exists and negates the need to have a back up in decks where stall is required.

Merlin uses it in 2CoV 1 DoD shrine in the sideboard, and lets be honest the last thing Verore needs right now is more ways to stall.

I use it in the sideboard because it literally poops on siphoner combo - which is one of the only hard counters to that shrine deck.

That said I think Reflective Shield is fine as a very niche sideboard card.