Author Topic: "Top 8" Tournament April Edition  (Read 6561 times)

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
"Top 8" Tournament April Edition
« on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:07 PM »
This post is for the rules, dates/time, and updates regarding the 2nd Top 8 Tournament that will be hosted this month on the Global Server by Spuzm.

Expected Finish Date of Tournament: April 20th - April 26th, 2015

Description:
This tournament is currently invite only * and will be a single elimination B03 tournament using "Ranked Legal" decks only.
It will consist of 8 players randomly paired against each other. If a player loses his/her B03 match he/she is out of the tournament.

There will be 3 Rounds (4v4, 2v2, 1v1) and will most likely be played over 4-6 days or as fast as players can organize and play their games. Pairings will be posted as soon as I have a confirmed list of participants and then those players are free to play their games when they choose, preferably as quickly as possible.

*If you would like to be considered for an invite, either post below with your in-game name or PM me in IW (Spuzm).

Rules:
Players will report their wins as soon as possible to the tournament director so pairings can be updated and there is no confusion later on. There MUST be a consensus between both players as to who won the match. If you believe this will be a problem please take a screen shot of the final score and send it to the tournament director as confirmation.

In the event of a draw, a single B01 game will be played using the same rules as the B03. The loser of this B01 will be eliminated and the winner will advance to the next round.
In case of a disagreement between players, in the absence of proof, the game will have to be replayed or forfeit.

Decks must be Ranked legal and only contain cards that can be used in Ranked play. Sideboard included.

Matches must be played within the allotted, agreed upon, amount of time and on the correct date or be subject to forfeit. If an exception is required, please contact the tournament director.
Changing decks IS allowed in between each round (meaning you can play one deck in the 4v4 and a different deck in the 2v2 if you advance). You are not allowed to change decks mid B03, however. Once you choose a deck you must face your opponent using that deck alone.
You may play your opponent anytime that is convenient for the both of you. Post here or PM me when you plan to do so.

If you finish your match both you and your opponent should post here or PM me with the results of your match so I can update the bracket. I cannot update the bracket until the outcome is confirmed by both players, so please inform me as soon as you can when you finish.

If a participant encounters a bug while in a match that has a serious impact on the game and believes it gave an unfair advantage to the opponent, the player may request a rematch of that game. The player should contact the opponent and me to tell them that they are requesting a rematch for a bug. Screenshots should be taken if you feel it may be contested by your opponent. I will make a judgement call as to if the bug had an impact on the game and will decide whether or not a rematch is in order. If I decide that it did not, then the game will be counted as a loss for the requester. If I decide that it did, then the game will be replayed (not the match). If the score at the time was 0-1, you will continue as if your opponent had that score, the same is true for all other score variations. (Minor Bugs that had minimal impact on the game WILL NOT be replayed, also if a player was about to lose a game and the bug was irrelevant to the outcome, a rematch WILL NOT be played).
If a player disconnects in the middle of a match in a losing position (This will be judged on a case by case basis) they will be given a game loss (to prevent disconnecting to prevent a loss). If a player disconnects in a neutral/winning position the game will be replayed. This, again, will be judged on a case by case basis.
If I am not available at the time you are making this request the game will have to be postponed until I make my decision.

Prize Pool: Packs - Provided by Teremus
Break Down for prizes: 5 Packs to 1st, 3 Packs to 2nd *Subject to change

Donated Prizes/Entrance Fees Paid:
Current confirmed players: Merlin, Sakuya, JaJa (Maybe), Helios, Prozac, Tuna, GoldPheonix, Wham, Winsanity
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 10:18:21 PM by Spuzm »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: "Top 8" Tournament April Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »
I would like to do this again - was fun last time.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 02:43:11 PM »
I'd also be interested in doing this again :)

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 04:47:15 PM »
I'd also like to join in. Maybe I'll be better prepared for this one  :P

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »
Official Invites Will be sent out April 1st to give adequate time to know for sure if you can make it. Invitees will have until April 10th to accept before I send out the next batch of invites. So on April 1st, if you've expressed interest, Keep an eye open for an invite either on here or in-game.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 01:25:45 AM »
I wanna try again, see if I can get past round one XD

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 01:32:22 AM »
If anyone has ideas for the prize pool let me know. We can do the same as we did last time, but I don't think that's really sustainable if I do this every month. Anyway, any idea is appreciated.

Offline Winsanity

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 08:03:57 PM »
I'll send you a response when I actually get home, but I'm in for sure

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 11:38:19 PM »
If anyone has ideas for the prize pool let me know. We can do the same as we did last time, but I don't think that's really sustainable if I do this every month. Anyway, any idea is appreciated.

Shoot me an email to Marketing@lightmare.com.au

I gotchu kuvured.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 11:46:40 PM »

I gotchu kuvured.

<3

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 07:46:57 AM »

I gotchu kuvured.

I sent you one Teremus. Thank you for taking an interest in this event. It's awesome.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »
Would I be able to ask for a ruling on a card/card interaction I plan on using in this tournament in advance, privately?

Just want to be certain that it would not be considered a bug or anything, but also don't want everyone to know what I plan on playing either.

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 08:42:49 PM »

I gotchu kuvured.

Hey, Teremus. Just following up to see if you received my email. I will send a follow-up soon in case it did not get to you.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2015, 08:51:48 AM »
Hey there Spuzm, yes I just checked and I did get it. I'm a little backed up atm so I'll get to it as quickly as possible, likely tomorrow.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Winsanity

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 04:58:04 AM »
I'm gonna have to back out of the tourney. Sorry for the short notice.