Author Topic: "Top 8" Tournament Details  (Read 6061 times)

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
"Top 8" Tournament Details
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:44:44 AM »
This post is for the rules, dates/time, and updates regarding the Top 8 Tournament that will be hosted this month on the Global Server by Spuzm.

Expected Date of tournament: March 21st - March 22nd, 2015

Description:
This tournament is currently invite only * and will be a single elimination B03 tournament using "Ranked Legal" decks only.
It will consist of 8 players randomly paired against each other. If a player loses his/her B03 match he/she is out of the tournament.

Their will be 3 Rounds (4v4, 2v2, 1v1) and will most likely be played over the course of 1-2 days depending on how fast players can organize and play their games.

*If you would like to be considered for an invite, either post below with your in-game name or PM me in IW (Spuzm).

Rules:
Players will report their wins as soon as possible to the tournament director so pairings can be updated and their is no confusion later on. There MUST be a consensus between both players as to who won the match. If you believe this will be a problem please take a screen shot of the final score and send it to the tournament director as confirmation.

In the event of a draw, a single B01 game will be played using the same rules as the B03. The loser of this B01 will be eliminated and the winner will advance to the next round.

In case of a disagreement between players, in the absence of proof, the game will have to be replayed or forfeit.

Decks must be Ranked legal and only contain cards that can be used in Ranked play. Sideboard included.
Matches must be played within the allotted, agreed upon, amount of time and on the correct date or be subject to forfeit. If an exception is required, please contact the tournament director.

Changing decks IS allowed in between each round (meaning you can play one deck in the 4v4 and a different deck in the 2v2 if you advance). You are not allowed to change decks mid B03, however. Once you choose a deck you must face your opponent using that deck alone.

Prize Pool: Players are encouraged to donate an "entrance fee" of at least 1 Epic/Legendary level card (for a total of a minimum of 9 cards altogether - including the non-participant donations) to be given to the 1st and 2nd place winners. If agreed upon by all players this number can be increased or decreased depending on how all participants feel.

Donated Prizes/Entrace Fees Paid: Director - Tygris, the Architect (To get things rolling) to go to 1st place.
Prozac - Agent Coyle, Primal Hunter -PAID
182JAJA182 - Agent Coyle, Soulseller -PAID
MerlinX - Agent Coyle, Immovable -PAID
HeliosAflame - Agent Coyle, Zomborg -PAID
TheRealTuna - Agent Coyle, Alpha One -PAID
WinSanity - Agent Coyle, Alpha One - PAID
OrochiMagus - Agent Coyle, Firestarter - PAID
BestSakuyaNA - Agent Coyle, Firestarter - PAID

Break Down for prizes: 1st = 70% of prize pool. 2nd = 30% of prize pool

Current confirmed players: MerlinX, TheRealTuna, OrochiMagus, Adorabear, Prozac, BestSakuyaNA, 182JAJA182, HeliosAflame, Winsanity, Shenful (Substitute)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 07:40:44 AM by Spuzm »

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
Re: "Top 8" Tournament Details
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:29:55 PM »
Make sure you read the patch notes and do not end up bringing Tormented Thrall to the tourney w/ Rita in command. The patch was a little surprising, but this adds a little bit of creativity to the deck building process now as we shift into a new meta.

We have 7/8 people signed up and with invitations to other top players we will have a full roster soon. This should prove to be one of the largest gatherings of skill for a tournament in IW history!

Good Luck to you all!

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 07:05:25 PM »
Helios has indicated to me that he would be interested. I would recommend messaging him on the forums if you have not be able to contact him in game.

Also its too bad we can't get Kurasu and Manchy in on this too - that'd make it pretty epic.

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 08:06:17 PM »
We now have our full 8 man roster filled. I will post pairings this weekend so people will have 1 week to determine the best time to play their opponent at a time that is convenient to the both of them.

We also should come to a consensus about the prize pool and entrance fees. If everyone is fine with throwing in any legendary they want that would make a pretty substantial prize pool.

If anyone is against this please let me know and we can work something else out.

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 03:09:45 AM »
It seems I have accidentally confirmed 9 out of the 12 invites I sent. I will contact each participant to see if any is willing to wait this one out and participate in the next 8 man tournament which will be held 3 weeks from now if this tournament goes well.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 03:29:06 AM »
Math OP.

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 03:47:15 AM »
I didn't want to turn anyone down. Now I'm sad.

Offline Junker99

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 03:58:43 AM »
Hey are these matches going to be recorded for other people to watch? Getting to see top level players play, would be interesting. :)

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2015, 04:05:32 AM »
Hey are these matches going to be recorded for other people to watch? Getting to see top level players play, would be interesting. :)

Since there is no spectator mode it will be up to the players to record their own matches. If they are willing to record the raw footage I will edit it and upload it to youtube and post the link in the forums for people to watch. I'm hoping that at least the finals will be able to be recorded, but like I said it is up to the players.

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2015, 08:17:25 AM »
We're all good 8/8 now. Shenful has agreed to be a substitute in the event someone drops w/ short notice. I will post pairings soon.

Offline Spuzm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2015, 08:35:51 AM »

Merlin = 1, Sakuya = 2, Adora = 3, Orochi = 4, Helios = 5, Prozac = 6, Tuna = 7, JAJA = 8

Pairings Created by Random.org:
1 -> 4
2 -> 6
3 -> 4 8
5 -> 7

Update: You may play your opponent anytime that is convenient for the both of you. Post here or PM me when you plan to do so, however.

If you finish your match both you and your opponent should post here or PM me with the results of your match so I can update the bracket. I cannot update the bracket until the outcome is confirmed by both players, so please inform me as soon as you can when you finish.

Also, please give any unpaid entry fee to me before you begin your first match, or by the very latest by 3/20/15.

When all matches in the first bracket are played we can move forward to the next round.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:01:27 PM by Spuzm »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 01:40:25 PM »
Finally! A bracket where I don't play Helios round 1.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2015, 02:19:36 PM »
I may or may not have a wedding to go to on the 22nd so I might have to pull out anyway even if no one else wants to. Ill have to double check
Goose got me loose!

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »
Adorraaa you're supposed to say"I volunteer as tribute"

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 02:34:11 PM »
I may or may not have a wedding to go to on the 22nd so I might have to pull out anyway even if no one else wants to. Ill have to double check

I'm pretty sure we can start playing our matches today right? With any luck tournament should be over by the 22nd.