Author Topic: Reborn - Oppression Spoiler First Impressions  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
Reborn - Oppression Spoiler First Impressions
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:58:56 AM »
So we got a new spoiler:

http://infinity-wars.wikia.com/wiki/Reborn

So first question to any Infinity Council members: Does sacrifice count as dying? Because not looking forward to more MU02 command revival decks.

2 Purity probably means this will only see play in 3 Purity Genesis decks, unless MU02 makes a comeback or there's more incentive to use 2 Purity Genesis decks.

It lacks synergy with certain genesis cards like Infected Drone or Support Drone, but has some interesting synergy with Splitter Robot and Luccas. Considering how much of a buff faction Genesis is, it doesn't seem like there's a lot of good targets right now.

The text end of turn would seem to indicate to me that the card can be moved from support the following turn, unlike Unending Drones. Which is potent.

Obviously has the problem that you have to know the target is going to die that turn, so it can fizzle.

No preemptive means it has limited use on half the turns VS control decks.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
Re: Reborn - Oppression Spoiler First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 10:49:07 AM »
Good points, I hope they go for more 2GI, since they already did all the new omnitron support in the last set.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:12:17 PM »
No, the card will not be used for command revival, as was mentioned in the spoiler thread. As for actual in game utility the card is great for low to mid tier play (via secluded constructer) and works pretty well in my and Helios's testing for high tier decks as well. As far as actual synergy and deck lists you are going to have to wait for the whole set.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 03:43:50 PM »
I mean, if the card was any more powerful it would probably be too good, considering it works off of sacrifice it's a very potent addition to a new player's collection, while also having some interesting applications in higher level play. Sacrificing, say , a splitter bot is a huge boon if you can then get it back. Also it works off of any death source, so you can chump block with something with low health remaining, deal a good chunk of damage, then get the creature back, which is nice. Also, Reborn Lucca, need I say more?

Card is a fine addition to the Genesis line up, and just because its not preemptive doesn't mean it's useless vs control decks, quite the opposite.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 04:04:52 PM »
No, the card will not be used for command revival, as was mentioned in the spoiler thread. As for actual in game utility the card is great for low to mid tier play (via secluded constructer) and works pretty well in my and Helios's testing for high tier decks as well. As far as actual synergy and deck lists you are going to have to wait for the whole set.

Art spoilers don't interest me, so I didn't notice it was revealed there, I assumed Teremus spoiled it first in the Dev Report.

Card is a fine addition to the Genesis line up, and just because its not preemptive doesn't mean it's useless vs control decks, quite the opposite.

Half the turns, it won't offer any protection VS abilities because of how priority works. I was merely going over the card's limitations. If it cost 0, and was factionless i'd still point out that it won't work VS control half the time, doesn't mean I don't like the card.

Having trouble imagining a lot of good targets at the moment, but I'm sure there something in Oppression. Splitter Robot and Lucca are the best, and you've got Genesis Battlesuit and Secluded Constructor for sacrifice targets. In a pinch, you could try and feed something to a Junkyard or something if you're low on robots.

However, trying to use this on an Infected Drone, Support Drone, Scouting Drone isn't going to pay off. Is it good enough just relying on Splitter Robots and Luccas? Probably, but there's no way to know for sure without testing myself.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »
Mostly lucca and splitter + whatever non standard junk you pick up in rift runs. Its not just ability protection though, its kinda like a genesis primal rage (I main 2 of those in hermit) great when you have a good intuition a creature won't be stumbled so will die while blocking.
As people have mentioned its also solid with secluded constructor.

Its not a ridiculously strong card but its a good role player, and a nice one of in your deck as a 'trick' that people won't be playing around. I see it having the most impact in pauper and rift, but it wouldn't be too surprising to see some in ranked occasionally as well.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 09:34:23 AM »
So, Genesis is finally exploiting Avarrach's technology.

That armour looks really similar to Immortal Sufferer's.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 11:49:16 AM »
That's because it IS Immortal Sufferer.

Aleta Immortal Searcher rescued her from Avarrach, and brought her back to GI, angering the Overseers of Solace when they found out.

And now it looks like they've cured her.

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 08:35:07 PM »
Hmm if this card really works with sacrifice effects I can see some crazy moves. The only questions is: Will you find something in a well functionig gi deck to exchange with that card?
CTA is obviously better. Especially in dealing with calamity.
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User