Author Topic: hunted dragon  (Read 1258 times)

Offline ervinj5

• View Profile
hunted dragon
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »
I don't get it. Is this card good in a 3p deck. It gives a card to kill it.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
Re: hunted dragon
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 02:25:53 PM »
Hunted dragon is strong if you are really good at predicts or if you just make it invulnerable with deflect or something. Its normally played from command to give it even more pressure without even having to commit mana.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 02:50:55 PM »
The opponent gets a card to kill it, however it only works when Hunted Dragon is on the battlefield I believe, so the opponent has to predict when Hunted Dragon is leaving the command or support zone and therefore has a chance to miss. Hunted Dragon is occasionally played alongside Flame Dawn for Purify (and maybe Fiery Resolve), a way for the player to cancel out certain other kill spells. Also there's Deflect to protect the dragon from getting killed.

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 10:56:04 PM »
There is a weekly deck that's based around this card. In addition to Deflect and Fiery Resolve it also uses Primal Rage(use on your initiative) and Ferocity (use on opponents initiative to dodge abilities). I'm not sure if there are any other cards you could use for this purpose within those purity restrictions (I guess technically Single Combat, a bit expensive though). Perhaps the new Rite of Rage could stop someone from just using a damage ability to kill the dragon after it is saved by Primal Rage, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Apparently according to infinite network Primal Rage has Reach. I think I'm gonna call this card Primal Reach from now on.

wham

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 12:24:00 AM »
This card is a very good way to teach new players the difference from 'battlefield' and 'in play', which lets them play at a higher level.

Offline Theokon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 12:37:42 AM »
It used to be the meta

Offline Zer0K

• Spark becomes a flame...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 08:22:56 AM »
There is a weekly deck that's based around this card. In addition to Deflect and Fiery Resolve it also uses Primal Rage(use on your initiative) and Ferocity (use on opponents initiative to dodge abilities). I'm not sure if there are any other cards you could use for this purpose within those purity restrictions (I guess technically Single Combat, a bit expensive though). Perhaps the new Rite of Rage could stop someone from just using a damage ability to kill the dragon after it is saved by Primal Rage, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Apparently according to infinite network Primal Rage has Reach. I think I'm gonna call this card Primal Reach from now on.

You can also use word of command in the same way as you use Ferocity with the dragon.
... flame becomes a fire.

Offline Equastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 09:43:05 AM »
I have a deck with hunted dragons that uses 1p sleepers too.
So besides your primal rage, you can simply raise it from the graveyard in case it died.

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 09:56:11 AM »
Hunted Dragon has its uses. A 20/20 unstoppable flier is really nothing to sneeze at. For 7 cost it's actually very good, statwise. Hunted Dragon decks tend to splash FD for things like Fiery Resolve to negate all the removal that's chucked at it, especially things like Death Rays.

Unfortunately for that deck, the game got quite a bit faster, and single target removal is pretty common in almost all decks. It's fun to bust out occasionally, but it might need quite a bit of work to make it competitive.

Offline Interesting_Socks

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 11:46:26 AM »
The hunted Dragon deck just used fd to rush and then hunted Dragon to finish off, with wp characters for some beef.

But FD GI ended up completely outclassing this deck. With Shikana acting as a cheaper hunted Dragon, without the Jill card draw back. 2p fd lets you run the Herald guy who grants charge, which is excellent with shikana. Splitter bots > WP.