Author Topic: [Early Patch Notes] Version 1.3.11  (Read 17963 times)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
[Early Patch Notes] Version 1.3.11
« on: February 27, 2015, 12:14:20 AM »
Early Patch Notes, Version 1.3.11 February 26th 2015

With today’s patch, we are pleased to announce that we are able to fully support extra languages, and you’ll notice that if you want to, you can now play Infinity Wars in Russian.

This has been a major milestone for us, Infinity Wars is actually quite popular in Russia, and we’ve been working with a Russian publisher to offer the game over there in their native language.

Now that we have this infrastructure in place, we can start to offer Infinity Wars in several more languages. You may notice something strange in the version number of this patch, it’s jumped straight past 1.3.0 and over to 1.3.11! The ‘lost version numbers’ are attributed to the testing and releases in Russia.

Other than Russian localization, our focus has been on fixing up various inconsistencies and bugs, especially with cards. Thank you for your reports, they help immensely!

Version 1.3.11 Notes

Card Notes

• Humble can no longer target non character cards.
  • The text on scramble has been changed to reflect its intended (and currently live) targets of deployed targets, not all characters in play.
  • Splat can no longer incorrectly target the command zone with the damage portion of the ability.
  • Summoner of the Deep can no longer incorrectly target a character that is already targeted by another sacrifice effect.
  • Demonize no longer incorrectly retains any of the character previous buffs or keywords.
  • Verore Channeler now properly activates when deployed, not at normal ability resolution.
  • Overcharged Bot now properly activates when deployed, not at normal ability resolution.
  • Best Fiends now properly activates when deployed, not at normal ability resolution.
  • Updated Wealthy Noble’s text to show that he grants his effect when deployed.
  • Tormented Thrall no longer trigger from sacrifice effects, as intended.
  • Uncontrolled Rift should no longer have the possibility of giving cards which are still under development.
  • Shikana’s flavor text no longer confuses the issue: she is officially female.
  • If Shikana is not in play at end of the turn (either from dying or a card like Controlled Temporal Anomaly), her ability to destroy everything in play will now be cancelled properly.
  • Reworked some funky interactions with Tome of the Dead so that it should be behaving more consistently. In particular, a desync error which was caused when two Tomes went off in the same turn is fixed.
  • Fixed a bug which allowed Irial to be activated even if her controlled had 0 resources available.
  • Fixed a bug where Rita, Mistress of Shadow wouldn’t allow herself to be activated unless you had 2 or more resources, although the ability only cost 1 resource.
  • Humble now only properly targets characters.
  • EMP Grenade should now properly says it targets the battlefield, rather than any deployed character, on all clients.
  • Undeath Wish’s ability to kill a character and place it in your graveyard will now only place the character in your graveyard if the character actually dies. Additionally, the character will now properly go to your graveyard immediately, rather than at the end of turn.
  • Ireul, Vanguard of Ruin’s ability now only activates on his first attack each turn, preventing a potentially endless loop with Ju-Lin.
  • Updated Altar of Binding’s text to clarify that that Altar is destroyed if the targeted character leaves play (previously stated the battlefield), and being ‘bound’ only affects the character from being moved by the controlled (which does not include various effects which may move a character, such as Stumble)
  • Reckless Abandon will now use the discarded card’s Exile cost if that cost will be lower than the cost Reckless Abandon gives it.
  • Updated Infected Monk’s ability to more accurately reflect its effect. Additionally, Infected Monk’s ability will now no longer trigger if sacrificed (the wording changing to ‘if it is killed’ rather than ‘if it dies’), preventing several bugs and keeping consistent with other similar effects.
  • Blood Crazed Initiate now properly uses the transform mechanics, and will now behave consistently with other transform effects, no longer retaining sub-types and other random elements of its old card.
  • Defensive Perimeter should now have the correct text on all game clients.
  • Infected Purifier now properly uses the transform mechanics, and will behave consistently with other transform effects. Previously it would count as a new character, incorrectly triggering effects such as Zombie Scavenger twice.
  • Oblivion’s text now properly matches the effect, and doesn’t state that the character is spawned in the Assault Zone.

The new Death Ray alternate art, drawn by Ian Underwood, is now available to players who preordered Order!

Client and General Bug Notes

• Fixed some text issues with the Master and Apprentice screen.
  • Fixed a layering issue with the Normal queue options menu and other menus
  • Fixed a longstanding layering issue where card frames would render on top of all other elements of the UI in-game.
  • Fixed an error where pressing ‘Enter’ when adding a friend would often fail. Also fixed an error which would allow you to enter an empty friend name.
  • Fixed a bug which was causing cards to get stuck on the screen if you cancelled replacing a champion with another champion from the command zone.
  • Fixed a bug when Splitter Bot died while under the control of a player other than its original owner (such as from Zuza), its tokens would behave unexpectedly.
  • Fixed an issue where if Shikana was exhausted from another effect and you undid the choice to sacrifice a character, she would become unexhausted.
  • Fixed a crash that would happen when two Phalanx Commanders were in the same zone.
  • Fixed various text layering issues.
  • Fixed a bug where actions that required input at the start of a turn would cause Exile characters not to play (such as targeting a card like Descension when played from Exile, or choosing a character to sacrifice to Shikana)
  • If an Ascended character leaves play, that character will now properly reset to their original state, and lose any buffs from being Ascended.
  • Fixed a layering conflict with text and Aleta, Immortal Tinkerer and Pack Leader.
  • Fixed a bug where several ‘on-death’ triggers and replacements were circumvented if the morale cost of the card was modified (such as by Protector of the Dead)
  • Docile Panda’s art should now be working properly on all clients.
  • While browsing searching your deck for a specific subset of cards, the first card in the list should now reliably display.
  • Fixed an exploit in Ranked that would allow players to exit out of a match without losing any ranked rating.

Priority Changes

For now, weekly quests have been disabled until they can be fixed. There was a major glitch in the backend and we're working on fixing them as quickly as we can.

Updated matchmaking algorithms to be generally improved, particularly so that players don’t get matched against the same player in draft multiple times.

If an ability card resolves while it is removed from play, it will now go back to being removed from play, rather than going to the graveyard.

Example: Previously, if you cast a Mass Death, but an enemy cast Purify on a Mass Death in your graveyard (removing all your copies from the game), the Mass Death you just cast would be removed from the game. However, when your Mass Death then resolved it would go into your graveyard!

This begs the discussion however, why not make it so in that case the Mass Death does not resolve at all? After all, the Mass Death was preempted by the Purify. The rules branch into two options for us to choose as designers:

• Option 1: An ability card must still be in your hand when it resolves.
  • Option 2: Once you play an ability card, it will resolve regardless of where it has been moved to.

In the case of the Mass Death example, we would be fine with Purify being used as a counter like that (that sounds cool!), and go with option 1. Unfortunately, that decision would end up being very disruptive to the game. For instance, an opposing Demonic Presence would completely counter any ability cards you played that turn, if your opponent had initiative. (We’re not so cool with that.)

Instead, we decided to go with the less disruptive option: if you play a card, it will be played even if another effect takes it out of your hand first.

However, we all agreed that if a card is removed from the game, it should go back to being removed from the game after resolution, and not into your graveyard, so we made that change.

MASSIVE IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: READ THIS

These notes are in no way final. This post will be deleted and replaced with the final notes once the patch comes out. At this point in time I do not have an ETA on when the patch will launch. I will however state in this thread once we know what date we're looking at, as well as update the OP with it.

Thank you everyone, and again, we greatly appreciate all the reports. It's incredibly helpful to have everyone reporting what they see to us.

See you on the battlefield!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:31:11 AM by Teremus »
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Poga

• QA and Design
    • View Profile
Re: [Early Patch Notes] Version 1.3.11
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:29:04 AM »
Awww yeah, first big patch of 2015. More to come in the future, thank you everyone for your patience!
James.. I make this game.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:45:44 AM »
Unlocked!

I make this game, James.

Offline Junker99

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 04:49:13 AM »
So that's where my weekly quests went and here I was ready to star in dude where's my Weekly?

Now being silly aside it's good to know it's being worked on and it's not just my computer being agent of the Sleepers. I look forward to see these fixes and balances once they hit the game. Thanks for the info.

Offline trivialpursuit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:55:08 AM »
It's always good to see bugs get fixed, but I'm disappointed we still don't have a balance patch. I really hope you guys have been working on one even with all the Fabrika stuff going on. I've decided to take a break until I see some more commitment to this end, but if not, then good luck to yous..

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:58:27 AM »
It's always good to see bugs get fixed, but I'm disappointed we still don't have a balance patch. I really hope you guys have been working on one even with all the Fabrika stuff going on. I've decided to take a break until I see some more commitment to this end, but if not, then good luck to yous..

This was stated in another thread.

This patch was going to be a bug fixing patch. What's going on behind the scenes is working with the council to do an Order Balance Review.

That's where the next patch's efforts will be, and it's already begun. Thanks.

I make this game, James.

Offline NomiFromUR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 05:23:51 AM »
"Splat can no longer incorrectly target the command zone with the damage portion of the ability."
But, but... You said it was intended ;_;
It should still be able to kill command, just at 3 cost and sacrificing deployed characters.
Anyway, i won't lie, it makes me disappointed that it took you guys almost 3 months to push a new patch, and that said patch doesn't even update the login screen into saying 2015. I'm fully aware of the fact you guys do a lot of stuff at a time, but still...

Offline Poga

• QA and Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 05:36:20 AM »
"Splat can no longer incorrectly target the command zone with the damage portion of the ability."
It should still be able to kill command, just at 3 cost and sacrificing deployed characters.
Anyway, i won't lie, it makes me disappointed that it took you guys almost 3 months to push a new patch, and that said patch doesn't even update the login screen into saying 2015. I'm fully aware of the fact you guys do a lot of stuff at a time, but still...

It actually does turns out, we are changing the subtitle from 2014 to Order. ^_^ must have missed the patch notes.

Offline NomiFromUR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 05:45:08 AM »

It actually does turns out, we are changing the subtitle from 2014 to Order. ^_^ must have missed the patch notes.
Yaaay!

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 05:46:47 AM »
Anyway, i won't lie, it makes me disappointed that it took you guys almost 3 months to push a new patch,

I'm also aware that there's been a lapse in communication due to an incredible amount of priority shifts and so much happening with Fabrika that we quite literally were contractually obligated to say absolutely nothing about until it was done.

Now that that's no longer something that's keeping us quiet, I have a lot more freedom. Of which that will be shown over the weekend, before I leave for GDC.

I make this game, James.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 05:56:16 AM »
Awww yeah, first big patch of 2015. More to come in the future, thank you everyone for your patience!

I'm not sure I can consider a bug fix patch a 'big' patch.

Offline Poga

• QA and Design
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 05:58:45 AM »

I'm not sure I can consider a bug fix patch a 'big' patch.

Big/Proper/Normal/Not hotfix

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 06:00:28 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken, Poga meant that in simply a quantitative context.

I make this game, James.

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 06:05:51 AM »
Wait, what? Does it mean we can play with Russian language here? Or is it just means that the Russian language now available at the Russian server? I'm confused about this part:
With today’s patch, we are pleased to announce that we are able to fully support extra languages, and you’ll notice that if you want to, you can now play Infinity Wars in Russian.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 06:20:00 AM »
It means that you'll be able to properly switch the Lightmare client to a Russian language the same as you'd see on the Fabrika client.

Nothing more. If you are playing on this client, you now have the option of simply switching it to russian.

We will not be releasing patch notes for Fabrika's client. That will come from them.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:22:36 AM by Teremus »

I make this game, James.