Author Topic: Ferocity wording  (Read 993 times)

Offline cosmic-latte

• View Profile
Ferocity wording
« on: February 08, 2015, 11:33:32 PM »
The wording of Ferocity says that the target character "attacks this turn", rather than simply moving into the assault zone.
Does this mean it can get around the "cannot attack" imposed by Veroria, the Lone Keep, or somehow magically make Gao Han attack from the defense zone? Does it prevent Fleeting Footman from running away at the first sign of trouble?

(I know the answer is probably "no", but if this was a paper card game rather than a programmed one, I'm sure there'd be arguments over this.)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 11:35:58 PM by cosmic-latte »

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Ferocity wording
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:21:59 AM »
The answer to all of these questions is no.

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:10:51 AM »
It seems that for the most part, attacking/defending is equated with being in the respective zones. Veroria is an exception, but you'll notice that Bad Bot cannot be moved to a combat zone for example, even if an effect would cause it to (such as Ferocity).

In addition, since the text is arguably ambiguous over this as well, the +2/+0 also only lasts for the turn. Personally I'd prefer if Ferocity read: "Target character gets +2/+0 until the end of the turn and is moved to the assault zone".

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 07:54:42 AM »
I agree that the wording should read 'moves to the Assault Zone' instead. Another card to add to the long list of cards with suggested terminology changes (I can't find the thread though).

Offline Cuttlebone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 02:40:48 PM »
Personally, Gao Han should just be able to attack their assault zone during your assault phase.
Well, when I say personally I mean it would be hilarious, but yeah, it really does need rewording.