Author Topic: Leader of the charge idea  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Leader of the charge idea
« on: February 06, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »
So I've been thinking about leader of the charge and how it really is pretty underpowered. So here's the idea. Rather than having it be a 8/8 character what if it was an ability/buff you could give a character?

Something like: "Whenever target character attacks all attacking characters you control gain +1/+1".

I feel like this is much more useful than how it is now. Opinions?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:44:58 AM by Hiding »

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: Leader of the charge idea
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 02:46:46 AM »
Leader of the Charge used to be like that. Good news is, now she has flying.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 02:44:41 AM »
She used to be an ability? I never knew that. I thought she was always a character?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 03:24:37 AM »
Ah, my mistake.
Leader of the Charge used to be a character who gave all your characters +1/+1 whenever she attacked. This made her strictly better than Riker, who (in addition to being a 6/6) only gave characters in the assault zone +1/+1 when he dealt damage to the fortress. The changes to Leader of the Charge brought her more in line with Riker (though she's still better, as being a larger body, gaining flying, and being actually legal will do for you)
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

wham

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 01:55:40 AM »
Leader of the charge is slow. If you play it as soon as possible, it could start giving its buff as late as turn six.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 02:09:30 AM »
Leader of the charge is slow. If you play it as soon as possible, it could start giving its buff as late as turn six.

Also - if it hits the enemy fortress three times or less then Lucca Ascended is just straight up the superior play.

And if it manages to attack 3+ times without being killed... well... at that point you would probably be winning even without it.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 03:03:58 AM »
Maybe they should just make it so that if the Leader Attacks then all other characters have +2/+2 until the end of the turn, or something similar. It wouldn't be Lucca, though.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »
Well or give her charge.. cuz yknow she's the leader of the charge?

My original idea was just to upgrade a character already on the field with her ability so essentially it would be 4 resource to give everything attacking +1/+1 (assuming the character u buffed got an attack off) with the chance of continuing this every turn.

Either that or just lower her resource cost by 1. 8/8 with a quest for 3 resource isnt outrageous in the slightest.

wham

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »
Giving charge would actually be very strong, because at that point it's an instant flier for whoever chooses not to defend. I would say that would need to be much weaker (4hp?) or cost 5 (same cost/body as harbinger).

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 02:59:04 PM »
Giving charge would actually be very strong, because at that point it's an instant flier for whoever chooses not to defend. I would say that would need to be much weaker (4hp?) or cost 5 (same cost/body as harbinger).

yeah ofc her stats would need to be changed just saying charge might be an idea to play around with.