Author Topic: How fun is Contained Parallel Rift?  (Read 911 times)

Offline judedudemude

• View Profile
How fun is Contained Parallel Rift?
« on: February 02, 2015, 05:21:01 AM »
I do enjoy playing this card - the results can sometimes make, or break your game. Sometimes it throws you something cool - even if you can't use it. Last night it rewarded me with some super broke pluses (combining it with gather the weak) which allows me to get my magic cards easily without much effort for the next turn. One can make an ENTIRE deck focuses on combo with this location card if they wanted to. So, have you any good stories about what this card has done for you?

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
Re: How fun is Contained Parallel Rift?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 05:57:00 AM »
When playing this against the AI I have a lot of fun. When I get yet another one as a daily reward it's less fun.

Perspective is everything.

I think it's mainly useful in control decks, to draw answers. As for combo decks, only as long as the combo contains at most one ability, otherwise it's a hindrance as you can't hold on to a part of the combo while waiting for the other part.

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
Re: How fun is Contained Parallel Rift?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 04:43:10 PM »
The deck filled with these was lots of fun to play against the weaker training AIs, but I suspect even they'll be able to slaughter it now that noble's been nerfed. Previously you could play two nobles and one rift in the first two turns, but now you can only play one noble or one rift. The deck was never, ever going to be competitive anyway, but to keep the fun alive maybe it could get a buff?

1 cost spammable rifts proved overly strong in combination with verore channeler and siphoner, but I'm sure something else could be done. Hearthstone apparently has a similar card that lowers the cost of the created card to compensate for what you already paid. Alternatively it could be changed to say something like "A random character from Infinity Wars is created in your hand. Then remove every Contained Parallel Rift in your hand and your deck from the game and replace them with random characters from Infinity Wars." That way you'd only have to pay the extra resources once.