Author Topic: Cold War Possibility? (Fan Fic)  (Read 524 times)

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Cold War Possibility? (Fan Fic)
« on: January 29, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »
One day, I thought that the Cold War and the whole arms race thingy would fit well into Infinity Wars. It's possible that a fully completed lore would shed some light on inter–faction politics. The question is, why has the Cold War not begun already? Are the factions so trigger–happy as to ignore any possibility of counterattack, and mindlessly nuke each other with Epics and Legendaries?

In–game, yes, players would have no qualms about throwing their best cards at each other.

In the actual lore, though, that might not be the case. For instance, the Mecha Dragons and Genesis Dragons would probably be stockpiled for fear of retaliation from other faction's Dragons. Speaking of which, there might be some sort of Dragon–rearing department in each faction, to keep their supply of Dragons constant to keep up with Genesis (or is it the other way round?), with the exception of Ao Shun, since he's immortal.

Also, I thought of a concept which would resemble the Korean War's concept: 2 powers duking it out on a third party's land. I was thinking, since the Sleepers were eradicated, other factions would consider exploiting Avarrach's technology, resources etc. However, the only 2 factions that are able to sterilise the place enough would be the Overseers and Genesis Industries, which presumably have found the cure.

First, Genesis Industries would start moving into Avarrach (since there's no reason for the Overseers to be there first). However, once the Overseers notice the Genesis expansion, they would fly in to drive them out. In the end, it would be an eternal back–and–forth battle; except that there would be no ceasefire, since being Infinity Wars, it is unlikely that a border resolution would happen.

Thoughts?

Offline Junker99

• View Profile
Re: Cold War Possibility? (Fan Fic)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:39:05 AM »
I think this is a very interesting idea. It's certainly a source for conflict over the spoils of the dead world and seems to be very  character. Also it be unlikely Genesis would be willing to share with the Overseer's allies given what happened between them. Which is another source of conflict.