Author Topic: The Strongest Fish in the Sea  (Read 563 times)

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
The Strongest Fish in the Sea
« on: January 09, 2015, 11:22:42 PM »
A long time ago, there was a world with glorious oceans. In this ocean lay a goldfish. This goldfish was unlike any other, for it was not only much, much larger than the rest of them, but it had been recorded over thousands of years of history. During certain days of the week, it would send out a message through a dream that would reach not but the most power hungry and greediest of all mankind. Its message was simple, offer me a sacrifice and you will be rewarded.

Its name, was Puffy. Over time, Puffy grew into a curse, and a swear that people would use against each other. It didn't mind, however, because it would eventually send out a message for sacrifices. People often tried to find it, as they did. They didn't go mad, or die, but Puffy would just run away, as he was focused on staying alive. He wasn't interested in a fight, he was interested in watching men already half-nuts simply respond to his call.

Then the Calamity hit. Whatever it was that split the world, it created an infinite number of dimensions. Puffy survived, and now lives on in every single dimension there is. His purpose is still clear, to send out a call for power and wealth to the mad and get some nice sacrifices to make up for being a swear. People would try to kill him, but surviving the Calamity made him immortal, and he would eventually come back. Supposedly, an Aleta had seen Puffy in the past, and knew he could control the oceans. Even a creature like Cthulhu would end up having to bow down to his power. Which Aleta? It is unknown, though some theorize it is the Immortal Traveler, who jumps through rifts spreading the legend. The Legend, of the Strongest Fish in the Sea.

-------------

I was randomly thinking to myself what it would be like to make a card out of Puffy, or maybe even an entire faction. Then this came to mind. I don't think I'll be writing many of these, but I thought I'd jot it down for amusement sake. Who knows, maybe somebody will make a challenge based on making a card of Puffy. I know I want to now.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
Re: The Strongest Fish in the Sea
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 06:31:13 AM »
Is it weird that the entire time I was reading this "Under the Sea" was playing in my head? :P

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
Re: The Strongest Fish in the Sea
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:39:38 PM »
Lawl. Puffy just has it playing on repeat forever I suppose. :P
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.