Author Topic: Serennia - Champion of Life  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
Serennia - Champion of Life
« on: January 08, 2015, 06:43:50 PM »
Okay, has anyone made her work in an effective deck or anything similar?

I have no clue how to use her since she seems the least useful Champion of all of them. Lilariah gives flying, Harahel mass buffs, Kraos does damage at every hit and removes from game etc...

Even Irial sounds more useful from what I know since you can gather Resolve and Play it in one turn before buffing up all your Tokens with GoG and Lucca Ascended.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
Re: Serennia - Champion of Life
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:55:04 PM »
I have used her before in a few decks see how it worked out some wins some losses serennia ent bad but is not good ether the problem is that she is classed as a champion which to me makes no sense.

If you look at it from the point of her effect and usefulness she is average build and effect is to increase fortress health thus also being put in the classification of champion making it much more difficult on your choice of champions if serennia is going to be a focus for your deck. Which the deck she going to be for is a fortress healing deck that what I call them anyway however a deck like that is reliant on Azeal, Cassial, Serennia and possibly Purge you can as well if you want to include celestial dragon but I think its just a waste of space.

Conclusion serennia to me needs to be took off the class of champion and made into a unique character instead it makes more sense to me personally for having her in overseer decks. Because she could be that little trump card you pull to heal yourself just enough to survive another turn etc..

In the end what do I know not an expert just how I see it although I will have a go a creating a fortress healing deck.

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 08:56:12 PM »
Trial deck I made so far which did ok actually vs a 2 cov GI deck against those gluttony demons ended up a draw didn't have anything to stopped buffed up scout drones with over 30 atk did overkill a gluttony with 69/69 xD.

Command
Serennia, Champion of Life
Striker of Solace
Vasir, the Demon Prince

Character Cards
Wealthy Noble x3
Lucca Ascended x3
Cornicen x3
Grounded Angel x3
Zealous Protector x2
Soldier of Purity x2
Harahel, Champton of Virtue x1
Cassial, The Selfless x2

Ability Cards
Siphon Structure x3
Banish x3
Precautionary Measures x3
Higher Calling x2
Guns of Goliath x3
Heavens Assistance x3

Location Cards
Solace Gate x2

Mission Cards
Purge The Unworthy x2

To be improved as well.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 11:42:14 PM »
Yeah, part of her problem as well is she doesn't have flying and needs being in the combat zone, she can be killed easily in the attack zone or defense really.

Ideally she would have flying so you could attack with a bunch of flying weenies to get a heal on.

The other option is to have her in defense, but that has it's own issues.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 03:09:47 AM »
I've been stubbornly toying around with a Dugg deck using Serennia. The deck is a 2 overseers and 1 DoD. I'm using mostly angels and Gao Han with heals from DoD and Repair. I've only succeeded in getting to 200 life once and that was against another DoD deck. I haven't really tested it much since that deck and the deck had been revamped right before the match. So there is no telling how it actually does.

In all honesty, and in my opinion, I have no problem with her aside from her abysmal hp. I'd push for her HP to be increased and possibly attack lowered. A 4 cost 6/6 with a very mediocre heal, 2 per character in combat? It seems a little too low to me. Harahel has the same stats and buffs all characters by +3/+3! at the very least Serennia should have a more defense set up such as 4/10 or something more to show off her appeal as a defensive healer. Rather than her stats being that off an offensive character.

Offline iofhua

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 06:44:52 PM »
I'm thinking about putting Serrenia in a flame dawn/overseer deck. It seems to me you could give yourself a huge early game advantage by buffing your life points and chipping away at your opponent's with flame dawn rush. I haven't had a chance to test her out yet though. I might this weekend.

Offline Jelle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 03:36:06 PM »
Serennia as a champions feels off. She benefits  you when you have a lot of characters to enter combat, but then in those situations harahel or even irial seems like a better choice. I don't know, either her effect needs toning down or just turned into a flat heal when you play her to justify her just being a unique character. That or a significant buff.