Author Topic: Bloodbath Observations  (Read 965 times)

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
Bloodbath Observations
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:32 PM »
I recently decided to get my hands on Bloodbath. *cue laugh track* Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all night.

Joking aside, here are some observations I've noticed while actually trying to use this thing:

1. It's actually really powerful when aimed right. Yes, you're likely not going to successfully attack the fortress, but I've fun into a few instances in normal where I managed to pull off just that. The result was a massive hit to the enemy fortress and a few dead characters.

2. It works pretty well with flying. My deck wasn't heavy on flying characters, but those that did benefited the most from Bloodbath. Yes, anti-flying seems to be getting more common, but if you have a clear shot it's pretty good with flying. Speaking of...

3. It combos with Shikana. There's already the infamous Shikana-rocket, where you give charge to Shikana, but due to Shikana now activating at the end of the turn, Bloodbath had a combo open up. Now, if you Play Shikana on turn 7, when play Bloodbath on turn 8, you'll have Shikana try to smack the fortress twice, even if you didn't feed her. It also puts your opponent's entire deployed zone in defense. This both means they won't be attacking and that they will be vulnerable to Shikana wrecking everybody.

4. Multistrike and Two Lives characters have interesting interactions. I would think that a character, after losing the first life, would continue attacking. It would seem to me that's why Duelist was invent. However, for some reason, upon dying the first time, it quits attacking.

5. Where it place characters is strange. It might be based on play order or something, but if you don't manually place characters in the assault zone then it would seem to place everybody in there based on order you played them. Characters you leave in assault don't seem to move, but characters may end up inserted between them.

Does any of this make Bloodbath remotely viable? I have no idea. I'm just throwing out some observations. It's not like many other people are looking into this card.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
Re: Bloodbath Observations
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:08:43 PM »
Saying it again, the shikana combo sounds massive! Delete the damn card already haha jk

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 01:51:11 AM »
Im looking at an image that says "Move all characters on the battlefield" if this is the case is it really supposed to move nonfed Shikana?

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 03:44:22 AM »
Im looking at an image that says "Move all characters on the battlefield" if this is the case is it really supposed to move nonfed Shikana?

The image on Infinite Network is out of date, but the text next to it does say all deployed characters. It's just a remnant from the time battlefield included support.