Author Topic: Can Firestarter get a slight buff?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Can Firestarter get a slight buff?
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »
like at least make him 7/10 to immoveable status right now he cant survive anything to get off more than 1 hit. He cost 7 mana cmon

Offline Caberman

• Aka Lucratius
    • View Profile
Re: Can Firestarter get a slight buff?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 07:52:48 PM »
Firestarter is more than fine. You play him after a calamity happened= 21 damage right to the face. Also they already emphasised more than enough that they don't like changing cards, and out of all old valuable FD cards, Firestarter needs by far the least help.
"A cynical bastard"

Vengeful warrior or bust.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 08:47:25 PM »
Agreed, and firestarter isn't meant to be on the front line,put him behind a few attackers and he can do real damage. If you get him evolved, he is a real beast as well, doing essentially 60 unstoppable damage.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 08:56:45 PM »
I agree, maybe making him a 6 for 6/6 would fix things, but then you have a whole different issue on your hands. I would change its stat's to a 5 for 5/7.

- It has enough health to ping a small creature and stay alive
- It has low power which makes it more important to synergize him with other buffs like Bromich and the banners.
- He hits the board alot sooner making him more viable

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 09:01:19 PM »
We make the game now, James! Muwahahaha

Aberion personally leads every offensive, so that Firestarter wouldn't have to.  ;)
Where there's a will, there's a way.

wham

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 09:10:22 PM »
Right now firestarter isn't especially weak. It's just that immoveable is way stronger (and more consistent) than any of the other legendaries.

Lowering his cost by even 1 is completely out of the question because of higher calling.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:38:22 PM by wham »

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 09:33:20 PM »
Right now firestarter isn't especially weak. It's just that immoveable is way stronger (and more consistent) than any of the other legendaries.

Lowering his cost by even 1 is completely out of the question because of higher calling.

Higher Calling can only target non-unique characters. So we'll have to save that combo for Emberstarter. Still, I agree that Firestarter does not need a buff.

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »
Hey, Hiding!

If you have any suggestions for cards or the game, the best place to put them is in the Suggestions section. While suggestions on cards is wanted and accepted, older cards are almost never changed unless there is a huge reason for it like a game breaking bug or a combo that disrupts things. With the older sets getting rotated and such, it is highly unlikely a card from the first set will be changed.
Now about Agent Coyle, Firestarter. He is perfectly fine and is an amazing attacker when placed behind multiple attackers. May I ask why you are having him hit multiple people? Consider changing how you play him so that he becomes better.
It should also be noted that Rarity in Infinity Wars means nearly nothing. Rarity encourages trading and makes card pools smaller. While Legendaries do have some unique abilities or some strong stats, they are not meant to be game winning or extremely powerful. Firestarter is a great card that is undervalued.
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »
Calamity into firestarter can outright close out the game.
I think it has more to do with primal and immovable being above curve, but that being perfectly fine since midrange factions are already having a hard time in the current meta, unlike flame dawn who doesn't really need a buff right now I think.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:34:37 PM by goobypls »

Offline Best Sakuya NA

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 01:17:48 AM »
Firestarter is fine where it is, people have hit most of the important points already.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 01:43:22 AM »
What was the last Flame Dawn character that was designed to attack characters... ever? Ireul perhaps? A vast majority of FD characters that don't have Multistrike are good at trading with characters far stronger than they are. However, I think that's only if they must fight other characters. For the most part, Flame Dawn strikes me as "Hit that darn fortress!" more than it does "KILL THEM ALL!" Duelist would be the best bet for a Multistrike character that's built around fighting other characters that I can think of, and I've previously seen her not perform her second attack if she dies the first time. I don't know if that's changed, but I recall seeing it before.

If I was to change Firestarter to 7/10 I would probably change it to only having Multistrike 2 or switch Multistrike entirely, in favor of something else, like Two Lives (heard they'll rename it Extra Life), Immolate 7-10 or something else, effectively creating a completely different character.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.