Poll

Do you feel Swarmer Broodlord should improve?

Yes
47 (83.9%)
No
9 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Do you feel Swarmer Broodlord should improve?  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Re: Do you feel Swarmer Broodlord should improve?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 01:32:52 AM »
Maybe there will be an insectoid set like "Rise of the Ancient" or something. Either way would be cool if there was a card that was like "Make a 2/2 Survival Swarmer for each deployed insectoid you control"

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 02:40:29 AM »
I'll still keep my vote as a Yes because I agree that Swarmer Broodlord should be improved, but I don't think it's a good idea to change the question that started the poll after the votes started, after all people voted for something different originally.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 03:06:04 AM »
Sorry for the unexpected change, but the new question is more broad and still encompasses the idea that Swarmer Broodlord should allow abilities. I do feel that ability cards would make the Swarmer deck much more fun and viable, compared to a stat change, added effect, etc. to Swarmer Broodlord. The problem I have is not with the Swarmer Broodlord, but it is the fact that it greatly limits the imagination of the deck composition. It's not as exciting and unpredictable as an Enyah deck.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 04:46:54 AM »
Sorry for the unexpected change, but the new question is more broad and still encompasses the idea that Swarmer Broodlord should allow abilities. I do feel that ability cards would make the Swarmer deck much more fun and viable, compared to a stat change, added effect, etc. to Swarmer Broodlord. The problem I have is not with the Swarmer Broodlord, but it is the fact that it greatly limits the imagination of the deck composition. It's not as exciting and unpredictable as an Enyah deck.

I feel the same, that's exactly why I didn't change or remove my vote. I think adding abilities would allow for more interesting (and fun) swarmer decks. Right now, all swarmer decks using Broodlord are basically the same deck.

Offline Apostroph

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 09:01:04 AM »
Swarmer Broodlord only suffers from the Warped Swamer nerf.

Im sure the design of the Broodlord was developed based on the old effect and values of the Warped Swarmer. And in such a deck, u would not need that many or any ability card. Having Infect combined with AoE 1DMG per Insect Kill is huge. granting the cards Charge and Buffs at the same time, is amazing! Having an option between playing charge or exhausting for 1 Ressource a Def Card, makes the whole thing perfect.

Not allowing to kill ur own stuff with Winds of War etc, to create mass AoE DMG combined with Infect is smart.

Then they nerfed the Warped Swarmer shortly before the new set was released. So the whole concept was for the dump.

Maybe we will see some powerfull Swarmers when Sleepers are rotated out. Before that, i dont expect anything. Its a slow deck, without any mid- or lategame support. Having some abilities doesnt change that... they must be treated like a own faction. Locations, Artifacts, Abilities etc... and Cards which are only allowed if a Card like the Broodlord is in the command zone!

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »
Genetics Splicing not going wrong?

Ehhhhhh.... Agent Coyle, Immovable with Consume 2, Infect, Flying, Artificial and some stat buffs. Currently you can only really get one of those from a Swarmer of your choice, of which Consume 2 would likely be the most useful. If you could throw in Shield 1 it would be amazing, but eh, oh well. Really though, that's the only character I can think of getting crazy right now. From my experience, the biggest issue with that right now in 2DoD/Exiles is that you need to kill off Consuming Swarmer before Coyle eats your entire assault or just kill Coyle ala Called Shot, Death Ray etc. Then again, I've been getting trouble making a decent deck with Exiles for a while now...

Broodlord being built for the old Warped Warped Swarmer would make sense. As it currently is I don't have enough Swarmers to build this deck and it'll probably be a while before I do.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.

Offline DarkenShroud

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »
If Swarmer Broodlord is a commander, you may have 1 of each other purity swarmer in your deck that are not in the command zone? Remove the non-creature card restriction? Not sure that would be the answer, but its a thought.

P.S. Voted NO......it should be reworded. Not improved upon, simply changed.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:10:53 PM by DarkenShroud »

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 11:54:48 PM »
Genetics Splicing not going wrong?

Ehhhhhh.... Agent Coyle, Immovable with Consume 2, Infect, Flying, Artificial and some stat buffs. Currently you can only really get one of those from a Swarmer of your choice, of which Consume 2 would likely be the most useful. If you could throw in Shield 1 it would be amazing, but eh, oh well.

To get that with Broodlord means no Caretaker of the Swarm or Consuming Swarmer in command, in addition to locking your purities to 2DoD(so no benefit to Artificial). I doubt it would be any worse than what you can already to by just including Consuming Swarmer in a normal DoD/Exiles deck. It's also (at least) a 3 card combo. Granted, it's probably the best combo possible with Genetic Splicing. If only because of Vigilance.

P.S. Voted NO......it should be reworded. Not improved upon, simply changed.

And that is why the options in a poll should always account for all opinions. Now we don't know whether the people who voted no want Broodlord to stay as it is or just "changed" without necessarily improving it. Or maybe they were just against the suggestion to allow abilities and didn't check back on the poll after the options were changed. Maybe some of the people who just want a change interpreted "improved" in a different way and voted yes.

Not that forum polls are representative to begin with. The discussion below the poll is usually a lot more interesting than the poll itself.

Offline SithLord13

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2015, 05:34:35 PM »
I know that Poga doesn't like it, but I feel expanding character types to abilities is a good idea, and the best way to make brood not pointless.

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2015, 06:51:19 PM »
I know that Poga doesn't like it, but I feel expanding character types to abilities is a good idea, and the best way to make brood not pointless.

I don't think abilities and characters should share subtypes. If you specifically want Insectoid abilities for Broodlord there is another way to do that. You could introduce a new ability subtype (let's call it Swarm) and then adjust Broodlord to allow those as well.

I don't like this solution though because I feel like it separates swarmers from the rest of the game. I think you should be able to use them alongside regular cards.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2015, 06:51:49 PM »
If genetic splicing would cause that much trouble, it can simply be fixed by not having Insectoids as a character type to choose from anymore. Swarmer Broodlord as it is simply doesn't support creative deck building which I think is the main concern here.

Offline SithLord13

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2015, 12:07:20 AM »
I don't think abilities and characters should share subtypes. If you specifically want Insectoid abilities for Broodlord there is another way to do that. You could introduce a new ability subtype (let's call it Swarm) and then adjust Broodlord to allow those as well.

I don't like this solution though because I feel like it separates swarmers from the rest of the game. I think you should be able to use them alongside regular cards.

For the record, I don't want it only for brood and swarmers. I like synergy, and I feel having mechanical, beast, demon etc abilities is a positive thing as it allows more interactions, especially targeted interactions.

As to your other solution, I'm equally OK with that, but at that point I feel it's tomato tomahto.