Author Topic: Luftkrieg a little buff  (Read 1486 times)

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
Luftkrieg a little buff
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:25:50 PM »
Maybe we could buff Luftkrieg a little:

Added ability: The enemy flying attacking creatures have a 50% of hitting your fortress. For every other Luftkrieg deployed that chance is reduced by 10%.

For example: 2 LK => 40% 3LK => 30% and so on.

It would fit the lorewise as more flaks make it much more difficult to hit.
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
Re: Luftkrieg a little buff
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »
Why does Luftkrieg need a buff? Since the OS change there really haven't been armies of large flyers rampaging through the battlefields of Infinity Wars (in my experience at least).

GI is one of those factions that doesn't really have a glaring weakness vs flying either. In fact - out of all the factions - they probably have some of the most answers to flyers. I'm not sure what a change to Luftkrieg would accomplish from a gameplay or design standpoint.

Offline Caberman

• Aka Lucratius
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
Yes Luftkrieg is weak, but that is simply because the current meta does not involve flying token spam since the OS rework, and changing a card because it does not fit currently in the meta is plain out stupid. Also please keep factions other than Exiles away from that RNG stuff, a card game is by definition already plagued enough with randomness due to how drawing cards work.

I still like the artwork tho.
"A cynical bastard"

Vengeful warrior or bust.

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »
Well let me first adress the game design argument. I like it if there are more than just strategy to counter something. More real as usable strategies lead to more different decks and in my opinion this is always a good point.
I completly agree, that a rng factor should be as low as possible, but it was they only way I could think off to make it more powerful, while not making it an absolute powerhouse aka broken. Therfore if you have better suggestions, then go for it and post them. Simply saying the meta doesn't require it, doesn't really contribute much to this discussion.

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:12:02 AM »
Luftkrieg is an ok artefact card but now I would prefer using defence perimeter simply because it can attack before an attack to any creature in the attack zone regardless of flying etc..

However luftkrieg only attacks flying type characters at the time they attack you, sound good don't it but why should a player have to take damage to characters or fortress for luftkrieg to deal damage back.

Don't know if anyone would agree with me but the problem with this card from my view is you take damage then deal damage wouldn't it be better if luftkrieg dealt it damage before you take any damage from flyers. This doesn't make it overpowered it just reverses which damage is dealt first and with omnitron decks I find this card not as good as using defence perimeter due to the fact luftkrieg is way to specific to flyers. Overall it makes it much harder to defend yourself when you take the damage even if you manage to kill the flyers after most cases they will survive to damage you again then you have killed it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:47:30 PM by Dreamplume »

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »
I agree dream, I dont play this card for the same exact reason why I dont play reflective shield and that warpath remove from teh game location card. They are unplayable cards because they rely on you being bad at the game. You have to purposefully let yourself get slapped in the face for you to get any benefit, in other words, why not just play something else where you can let your skill shine through instead of playing a passive card that hurts you before you get anything in return.
At the moment, luftkrieg is prohibitively too costly to play. Lazer Ion cannon is strictly better at that point since it does more dmg, more aoe, hits all types, and can be used as a skill shot instead of a passive let yourself get hit first. All for the same cost. If luft cost 4, maybe , just maybe it might be playable in the loosest terms of the word.
I'd rather have the card do massive damage to the first flyer hit to basically guarantee one dead flyer per round, allowing for thoughtful decision making into flyer order/ability for skillshots to matter in this regard.

As it stands now, it makes to no sense to play it. Maybe changing it so it damages flyers first could make it slightly more playable, but ion cannon still outclasses it anyway.
Follow your...

Offline Dreamplume

• Dream of a Dreamplume
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 01:02:12 PM »
I agree dream, I dont play this card for the same exact reason why I dont play reflective shield and that warpath remove from teh game location card. They are unplayable cards because they rely on you being bad at the game. You have to purposefully let yourself get slapped in the face for you to get any benefit, in other words, why not just play something else where you can let your skill shine through instead of playing a passive card that hurts you before you get anything in return.
At the moment, luftkrieg is prohibitively too costly to play. Lazer Ion cannon is strictly better at that point since it does more dmg, more aoe, hits all types, and can be used as a skill shot instead of a passive let yourself get hit first. All for the same cost. If luft cost 4, maybe , just maybe it might be playable in the loosest terms of the word.
I'd rather have the card do massive damage to the first flyer hit to basically guarantee one dead flyer per round, allowing for thoughtful decision making into flyer order/ability for skillshots to matter in this regard.

As it stands now, it makes to no sense to play it. Maybe changing it so it damages flyers first could make it slightly more playable, but ion cannon still outclasses it anyway.

Agreed Iron Cannon much better choice to have and if luft cost was only four it would be a little better but would still come with the same problem of having to take damage for Luft to go I will do four damage back at you now. Leaving you going I paid a cost of five resource for you deal four damage after I lose a huge chunk of characters if they having flying to block otherwise it is a huge chunk of fortress health instead. Overall putting you on the edge costing you trying to defend against flying type characters which may take up to 2 or 3 minimum attacks to kill them off only to have now took damage around 80% if not 100% damage.

I still stand at reversing the ability so it deals the damage first and not after the attack made otherwise the only other option if this would never be changed is to alter the cost down 2 or 3 for an earlier option. Five cost in mid or late game just puts everything in a tight spot cause who going to have a bunch of flyers without them being buffed up to at least six health minimum and not mention have a bunch of them.

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 08:06:03 PM »
Well so I guess dealing the dmg before they hit you, is one way to go. Maybe as Bonus it could have + 1 dmg for every other Luftkrieg deployed.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 01:59:28 AM »
The place Luftkrieg shines the most is when you are able to chump block flyers, like with a Defense Golem.  Because it deals its damage to attackers, not just to those who hit the fortress, you can take down a lot of flyers that way.  Think of it as adding 4 attack to every one of your reach and flying blockers, in addition to hitting any that manage to get through.  That said, I agree with what everyone else has said here.  It's still not an especially useful card.  It's just one I've managed to have benefit me exactly once in a draft deck that didn't do much otherwise.

Offline JSlayerXero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 02:43:02 AM »
That sounds vaguely helpful in a defensive deck that runs a splash of GI. Maybe 2DoD/GI? I dunno.
Despite preferring to go by Xero, it's not frequently the part of my name people latch on to. Oh well. I deal with it.