Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 2508 times)

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 09:35:48 PM »
If you are working on building a deck, it'll only show cards that are viable for the deck (unless you go to the filter window and select show all). If you happen to pick a faction symbol for a faction not viable for your deck, then it won't show any cards. To show all cards that are viable, all factions need to be deselected.

Currently, there's no way to view cards you don't own in the game. There is plans for a 'binder' that'll show your collection of cards as well as cards you don't yet own. In the meantime, you can view all cards at infinite-network.com. A few of the cards may not be up to date with some of the more recent changes, but their effects should be, for the most part, similar. They even updated with the new set of Order. It's also a great site for looking up other people's decks to get an idea of the various strategies that are available, and to see what you can strive for.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 06:17:58 AM »
If you are working on building a deck, it'll only show cards that are viable for the deck (unless you go to the filter window and select show all). If you happen to pick a faction symbol for a faction not viable for your deck, then it won't show any cards. To show all cards that are viable, all factions need to be deselected.

Currently, there's no way to view cards you don't own in the game. There is plans for a 'binder' that'll show your collection of cards as well as cards you don't yet own. In the meantime, you can view all cards at infinite-network.com. A few of the cards may not be up to date with some of the more recent changes, but their effects should be, for the most part, similar. They even updated with the new set of Order. It's also a great site for looking up other people's decks to get an idea of the various strategies that are available, and to see what you can strive for.

Thank you, the site is very useful. I can barely read the text on the cards in the deckbuilder itself!!
I am trying to build a "grave manipulation" deck built around Kali so I can beat one of the campaign missions that uses what appears to be infinite endless horde.

I thought I had Kali, then I realized it must have been granted use of that card for prior campaign missions.

I can now see that I don't own any Kali the purifier or Kali the ascended. (both rare cards).

Maybe I haven't explored enough of the game and it's cards yet - is there another way to beat endless horde deck? Also, for future reference, is there any way to purchase individual cards from the store using IP?

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 09:15:01 AM »
Maybe I haven't explored enough of the game and it's cards yet - is there another way to beat endless horde deck?
The campaign EH deck shouldn't be that hard to beat. The usual way to deal with them is to either completely ignore the unbuffed EHs until you build yourself a sizable army, simply fly over them using the overseers (if you're not stuck with a premade campaign deck for that mission) or use graveyard removal (like soldier of purity, grave rob, etc)

Also, for future reference, is there any way to purchase individual cards from the store using IP?
There isn't and there won't be. Lightmare has stated that they have no intention of selling individual cards at any point.
You can, however, buy individual cards through real life purchases on the few 3rd party stores the community has running, and hope they'll someday implement IP transfer trades, so you can do just that with other players.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 09:37:38 AM »
Maybe I haven't explored enough of the game and it's cards yet - is there another way to beat endless horde deck?
The campaign EH deck shouldn't be that hard to beat. The usual way to deal with them is to either completely ignore the unbuffed EHs until you build yourself a sizable army, simply fly over them using the overseers (if you're not stuck with a premade campaign deck for that mission) or use graveyard removal (like soldier of purity, grave rob, etc)

Also, for future reference, is there any way to purchase individual cards from the store using IP?
There isn't and there won't be. Lightmare has stated that they have no intention of selling individual cards at any point.
You can, however, buy individual cards through real life purchases on the few 3rd party stores the community has running, and hope they'll someday implement IP transfer trades, so you can do just that with other players.

Thanks, I don't have any soldier of purity, but I will try throwing grave rob into a deck and see how I go.

Has Lightmare indicated the reasons behind why individual cards will not be made available? It's a shame - if I have any deck ideas that I am keen to try, I would like to be able to purchase the individual cards I need to make it happen. I guess I have been spoilt with that choice coming from Solforge.

Could you link me to the third party stores that you are talking about? Just want to see what it's all about.

Cheers

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 02:33:15 PM »
Well, the reason for Lightmare not selling the individual cards themselves is because they understand that a true TCG benefits from it's third party sales. For instance, Wizards of the Coast don't sell individual cards, the stores that sell their products do that and Wizards of the Coast has been immensely successful because of it (or at least so the theory goes).

As for the third party sites:
http://www.realmstudio.net/Infinity/
http://www.infiniteonlinetrade.com/

You can also see some of their threads in the trading section of the forums in case I missed any. There seem to be some people with stores that don't have their own website.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:41:39 PM by DrayGon777 »
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 03:05:15 AM »
Well, the reason for Lightmare not selling the individual cards themselves is because they understand that a true TCG benefits from it's third party sales. For instance, Wizards of the Coast don't sell individual cards, the stores that sell their products do that and Wizards of the Coast has been immensely successful because of it (or at least so the theory goes).

As for the third party sites:
http://www.realmstudio.net/Infinity/
http://www.infiniteonlinetrade.com/

You can also see some of their threads in the trading section of the forums in case I missed any. There seem to be some people with stores that don't have their own website.

Thanks for the links. I won't be buying any cards until a mobile client is out, but good to know they are there.

Paper based model in digital space - I would have thought there is scope for innovation, try different strategy for monetization and explore appropriate business models? Anyway, I'm no expert on the topic, whatever works for Lightmare and aligns with the risk profile.

"true TCG benefits from it's third party sales." I wonder how true this is in the online world...maybe someone well versed in the topic could explain it to me, the way I see it third party sales don't quite appear to give a reliable income stream back to the company.
Of course, I don't know much about the Infinity Wars trading platform myself, I could be missing some vital info like licencing or trading/distribution fees.

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 06:50:54 AM »
More like stores have to spend money to buy the boosters, open a few to sell the cards individually and try to turn the purchases into a profit. If you simply farm IP all day every day, you aren't going to have that big of a stock of cards, particularly if you try to spend it on Pre-Orders for the more valuable platinums (since they will be the rarest ultimately). I should know as that's what I've been doing since I don't have enough income to really pour into this game, and farming is very dull. :(