Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 2641 times)

Offline naviln

• View Profile
Couple of questions
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:05:40 PM »
New player here, just wanted to ask what time (GMT+11, Sydney) is the rewards reset daily? So I know when I can collect daily rewards.

And also, if someone could let me know what if there is any other mechanism to obtain the common/uncommon cards quickly so that I can get to deckbuilding quicker? Is 3 wins against AI going to get me the max daily rewards? (and is there some fast way to do this? Without botting, of course. I'm happy to click a few buttons.)

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, i checked some of the stickied threads and did a quick search but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Cheers
Navil

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »
Fastest way for daily rewards, literally, is to concede games vs players (assuming you don't have a long queue time, or decide to challenge someone directly). It just requires the completion of 3 games for the daily card. Granted, this doesn't net much in the way of experience and IP, and is pointless if you already plan to play more than 3 games to try and get said IP and XP.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 11:18:53 PM »
Fastest way for daily rewards, literally, is to concede games vs players (assuming you don't have a long queue time, or decide to challenge someone directly). It just requires the completion of 3 games for the daily card. Granted, this doesn't net much in the way of experience and IP, and is pointless if you already plan to play more than 3 games to try and get said IP and XP.

Thanks. I am quite time poor so this is helpful. I can do this until a mobile client is out, as I don't have a lot of time to spend in front of my PC during week days (full time job and all).

So, does this mean one could theoretically keep grinding for IP points? Is there some max or daily cap on what you can accrue? Does the rate decrease over time?

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:28 PM »
IP has no cap, persay. There is a limit of 150 IP for a 5 minute match against another player where you win, but you can get IP and XP from every game you play no matter how many games you manage to fit in within a day. They had, a long time ago, experimented with a daily IP cap, but decided to remove it as they felt that you should be rewarded for each match you play.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 12:16:33 AM »
IP has no cap, persay. There is a limit of 150 IP for a 5 minute match against another player where you win, but you can get IP and XP from every game you play no matter how many games you manage to fit in within a day. They had, a long time ago, experimented with a daily IP cap, but decided to remove it as they felt that you should be rewarded for each match you play.

Thanks for all your help mate.

I understand that IP is used as a currency for purchasing decks/cards, but what value does XP hold? Can you use it for any tangible purpose, or is it purely bragging rights(maybe used as a threshold for tourney participation)?

Also, do you happen to know what time the server resets for the daily rewards?

And how often can you draft (or rift run as I understand it is called). Does it cost IP points to enter?

Sorry for all the questions! Appreciate your responses

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 02:15:28 AM »
XP is for leveling up and giving you pack rewards and unlocking modes of play at extremely low levels (like, level 8 I think removes all learning restrictions), Rift Runs cost 1000 ip to enter per run, practice runs cost nothing but give no rewards and kinda suck.

Server resets at 12 AM for rewards.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 02:19:37 AM »
XP is for leveling up and giving you pack rewards and unlocking modes of play at extremely low levels (like, level 8 I think removes all learning restrictions), Rift Runs cost 1000 ip to enter per run, practice runs cost nothing but give no rewards and kinda suck.

Server resets at 12 AM for rewards.

Great, thanks! Is that midnight Sydney time?

For a new player like me, should I draft..er rift run, or should I save my IP and buy packs instead? Any tips on which packs are best value?

Just trying to determine what is the most cost/time effective way of obtaining cards

wham

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:21 AM »
Drafting is a good thing to experiment, remember though that each entry will set you back 1k, so unless you plan on reaching 9 wins for a rare card for every run then you might not be getting much out of them.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 02:46:52 AM »
Drafting is a good thing to experiment, remember though that each entry will set you back 1k, so unless you plan on reaching 9 wins for a rare card for every run then you might not be getting much out of them.

Shaping up to be a pretty awful bleed rate there then. What is the guaranteed/minimum return on worst case scenario (i.e. lose all 3 rift games).

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 03:20:48 AM »
Well, the IP gained would be roughly the same as a normal match, so 3 full length losses is 225 IP from a 1k IP investment. I'm not sure about this next bit, but I think you'll get 3 cards too, so probably an uncommon and 2 commons, which would make it about the same as you buying a blister pack (sorta), with a lesser chance of rare stuff.

I'd recommend playing regular pvp. If you need deckbuilding advice or anything of the sort, feel free to ask in global. Regular pvp will net you 500XP and 150 IP for a win, and half that for a loss (assuming your game takes 5 minutes or longer)

wham

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 03:57:30 AM »
You don't get cards at 0 wins, as I remember.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 06:28:39 AM »
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I wish I had more time to play and collect cards/points.

Does anyone know if there are plans for a mobile client? The website reads as if it is already available, but I can't see any builds around.
I wouldn't mind something other than Solforge to distract me on my long commutes.

Cheers
Navil

Offline DrayGon777

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 10:42:12 AM »
There are plans to go mobile, but as of yet, that hasn't happened. They had started an alpha test on the mobile version but that's been put on hold for a bit.

As for what pack is best, Kinda depends on what faction you like the most, and which set has the better cards for them. As mentioned, you get packs for levelling, and I believe most of those will be from the core set, so chances are you'll want rise, Infestation, Ascension, or Order. You could also go with the collection pack which has cards from all the sets, but you'll also get more Core cards as well.

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 03:47:27 PM »
If you don't really know what cards you specifically need or want but still want to buy whatever pack has the best chance of giving new stuff you can use the deck builder to find out how many cards you own of each set. You can filter by set and it will automatically show you how many cards of that set you have. All sets other than Core(IW2013) have exactly 100 cards (Core has 119) so buying packs of whatever set you have the least of is a simple way to increase the chance of getting cards you still need.

As for the time when rewards reset, the in game clock shows both local and IW time. Rewards reset at midnight IW time. The weekly quests are changed (one at a time) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (again, at midnight IW time).

There are plans to go mobile, but as of yet, that hasn't happened. They had started an alpha test on the mobile version but that's been put on hold for a bit.

As for what pack is best, Kinda depends on what faction you like the most, and which set has the better cards for them. As mentioned, you get packs for levelling, and I believe most of those will be from the core set, so chances are you'll want rise, Infestation, Ascension, or Order. You could also go with the collection pack which has cards from all the sets, but you'll also get more Core cards as well.

I'm pretty sure the level up boosters are collection boosters. For players who started playing a long time ago this means mostly Core and Rise cards but if you level up now you can get Order cards as well. The main reason you probably shouldn't go for core packs without a good reason is that the campaign rewards (as well as the decks you can buy) are mostly from Core and Rise.

Offline naviln

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 09:24:46 PM »
If you don't really know what cards you specifically need or want but still want to buy whatever pack has the best chance of giving new stuff you can use the deck builder to find out how many cards you own of each set. You can filter by set and it will automatically show you how many cards of that set you have. All sets other than Core(IW2013) have exactly 100 cards (Core has 119) so buying packs of whatever set you have the least of is a simple way to increase the chance of getting cards you still need.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the deckbuilder extremely difficult to use. When I click the icons to show cards, it doesn't behave the way I expect it (unselecting all icons sometimes shows no cards, other times it shows something?). Sometimes clicking one faction icon highlights all of them. Why is it so confusing!!!
And I can't figure out how to show unowned cards. Is that even possible? I'd like to know what all the cards are, so that I can decide what to work towards.