Author Topic: Shikana .... you thought they fixed it....right?  (Read 1469 times)

Offline The_Fallen

• View Profile
Shikana .... you thought they fixed it....right?
« on: December 29, 2014, 12:56:30 PM »
Oh my god. After thousands of players repeating the same old arguments again and again, they finally gave in and wanted to fix shikana. But what happend?

Many has confirmed the so called counter play doesn't work, as he blows now off even from the graveyard. So great fix. But if you thought that was the peak, then I can inform you, that is not even close to it.
Shikana blows up even if you kidnap him and he is removed from the game. Great work programmers.

Can I now have a siphon structure, that costs no ressources for dealing dmg and gaining fortress healt? Pretty pls.

And yes to all you wondering, I'm shocked and angry how this could happen.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:29:00 PM by The_Fallen »
Still waiting. Hope declining.

For bugfixing information: Proud Windows XP User

Offline Held

• View Profile
Re: Shikana .... you thought they fixed it....right?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 12:51:51 PM »
Though this
[...]
Shikana blows up even if you kidnap him and he is removed from the game. Great work programmers.
[...]
might be a bug, Shikana definitively was nerfed much. Now not every FD player runs him anymore. If you sacrifice Shikana you cannot just forgo putting characters in defense, because your opponent can attack that turn. Additionally and especially the combo with Paladin and/or Call the Crusades does not enable nearly unblockable dmg anymore.

Shikana was an important part of the best FD decks before the change which most looked similar (Herald of the dawn, Shikana, Paladin, Call the Crusades, Ferocity).
It's good for the game that lightmare has changed that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 12:55:25 PM by Held »

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 04:26:02 AM »
Both blowing up when kidnapped and from the graveyard seem like pretty clear bugs to me.  I do hope you've reported them as such.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 03:35:25 PM »
Yes they have been reported as bugs a couple of times now.

Offline Swiftwynd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 10:28:37 PM »
This is a well known and documented bug that we are aware of.  I've personally lost at least 3 ranked games to it, so trust me, I'm intimately, frustratingly, acutely aware of this particularly annoying bug ;)

Offline Caberman

• Aka Lucratius
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 01:33:37 AM »
Here's another great bug I recently encountered: If your shikana gets exhausted (Exhaust, prejudice etc.), you decide to blow him up, undo, and feed him something to remove the exhaust completely. Pretty borked game design, I think it works with bomb-bot as well (haven't tested it yet).
"A cynical bastard"

Vengeful warrior or bust.