Author Topic: Card Compendium!!!!  (Read 1786 times)

Offline nephrael

• View Profile
Card Compendium!!!!
« on: December 23, 2014, 01:57:11 AM »
So don't call me crazy, but me being an accountant I had to put all the cards into a spreadsheet so i could run maths on them and stuff.

I decided to post it here so that you guys can benefit from it too! Just enter your collection numbers in (total and soulbound) and it'll calculate the rest for you! Gives you a nice tool to quick lookup what you have along with totals and the like to decide what boosters are still worth picking up.

Apologies for any messy formatting, I tried to keep it looking good but I still threw this together pretty quick.

If you have any questions let me know!

Also, If you have any requests on improving it let me know as well and I'll get around to it at some point :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:00:19 AM by nephrael »

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
Re: Card Compendium!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 04:46:52 AM »
Nice work! I'm definitely going to take advantage of this.

And no, you're not crazy. I've been making a similar spreadsheet for all of the item sets in Torchlight II. Just less fancy because I'm not as good with excel.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 05:08:52 AM »
On a side note, cards are ordered alphabetically by rarity (would be easier to enter if simply by set number, but I get it), and so far in my go through Overcharged Bolt is in the list twice in Order.

Edit: Oh, that was Overcharged Bot and Overcharged Bolt. Don't mind me, just inserting random l's into words
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:21:20 AM by Benionin »
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 06:28:15 AM »
+1 for your great contribution to the community!

Won't be using this myself though, I don't have the need.

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 07:34:13 PM »
Hey there, nephrael!
I don't believe I've seen you around! As CommunistMountain said, thank you for contributing to the community ^u^
I will be using this document for sure! Currently, I'm filling everything in but I do have a few questions and notes. Why did you order the cards the way you did? I, myself, might go through and re-order things into the order they appear in the Collection as Benionin said. I would also like to point out that the "Amount Needed" should be reconsidered if you are aiming for a playset. A playset is as follows: Non-Unique is 6 cards (3 in command, 3 in deck), Unique is 4 cards (1 in command, 3 in deck), Unlimited Cards vary but are usually around 43 (3 in command, 40 in deck), and any non-Character card (Mission, Location, Ability, ect) is 3. I will be updating mine to calculate these numbers.
Thank you so much for this document and I hope more people see this for their collection organization ^u^
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »
I'm interested in checking this out, but apparently I don't currently have a program to open it. What program do I need in order to use this compendium?
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Teilchen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 08:25:01 PM »
Excel. So any Office Paket should do. Id recommend Libre Office. Or something like it. If your excel cant open it, it is too old.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 02:23:49 AM »
Hmmm... that might be the problem. I don't have an excel or office program installed. >.>
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Teilchen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 02:30:49 AM »
Like I said, LibreOffice:
http://www.libreoffice.org/

It is opensource (and free).

Offline nephrael

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
Went on vacation and came back to tons of comments! Cool!

On a side note, cards are ordered alphabetically by rarity (would be easier to enter if simply by set number, but I get it), and so far in my go through Overcharged Bolt is in the list twice in Order.

Edit: Oh, that was Overcharged Bot and Overcharged Bolt. Don't mind me, just inserting random l's into words

Yeah I've been studying for the CPA exam and needed a break, so I threw this together pretty quick. When I made it, I was thinking organization by rarity for collection purposes but I hadn't considered set number (even though that makes perfect sense!), when I get a little time next week I'll fix that right up. 

Hey there, nephrael!
I don't believe I've seen you around! As CommunistMountain said, thank you for contributing to the community ^u^
I will be using this document for sure! Currently, I'm filling everything in but I do have a few questions and notes.  I would also like to point out that the "Amount Needed" should be reconsidered if you are aiming for a playset. A playset is as follows: Non-Unique is 6 cards (3 in command, 3 in deck), Unique is 4 cards (1 in command, 3 in deck), Unlimited Cards vary but are usually around 43 (3 in command, 40 in deck), and any non-Character card (Mission, Location, Ability, etc.) is 3. I will be updating mine to calculate these numbers.
Thank you so much for this document and I hope more people see this for their collection organization ^u^

Thanks for the welcome! I've been wanting to be more active forum wise and such, but working full time and studying hasn't left a whole lot of open time for that. Look to see me more in the near future :D

Didn't know all the playset info, I'll have to fix that. I asked quickly on the game client and everyone said that a playset is 3 no matter what. I thought that was a little odd but went with it since the majority said it and I wanted to hurry up and post :P

Thanks for all the awesome feedback, hopefully many people can benefit from this ^^