Author Topic: 1.2.1 Hotfix Notes  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Poga

• QA and Design
    • View Profile
1.2.1 Hotfix Notes
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:44:41 AM »
Here is a list of the things that have changed in our 1.2.1 Hotfix patch.

- Surprise Defense is no longer unique. Be prepared to surprise your opponents again and again and again!

- Fixed an issue where if two Splitter Bots died simultaneously it would cause a client desync.

- Thunder Apprentice has been moved to Uncommon (previous Common), for drafting balancing.

- Fixed an issue with Shikana, Who Demands Tribute where she would not exhaust when she didn't sacrifice a character.

- Fixed an issue that wasn't telling out of date clients they were out of date, and letting them log in.

- Fixed an issue where the combat damage Phalanx Commander was redistributing was not considered combat damage, which created an unintended interaction with Noble Protector.

- Fixed an issue where Terror Moose, Rite of Rage, Noble Protector and many others were preventing damage that was flagged as unpreventable.

- Fixed a bug where Azael was giving cards that were not in play Untouchable and Flying.

- Fixed an error where the Login screen would display “Localization Not Loaded” when it could not connect to the server.

- Fixed an issue where Rita, Shadow Priestess’s text incorrectly said she gained +2/+2 when she sacrificed a character (she actually heals 5 damage and the card is unchanged).

- Fixed an issue where text was going outside of bounds of the draft leaderboard.

- Fixed an issue which was allowing non-Ranked legal cards in sideboards in Ranked games.

- Fixed an issue with text not showing correctly when drafting.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:30:46 AM by schumisaurus »
James.. I make this game.

Offline suli

• View Profile
Re: 1.2.1 Hotfix Notes
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:54:30 AM »
- Surprise Defense is no longer unique. Be prepared to surprise your opponents again and again and again!

Excellent news! I always hesitated to include more than 1 copy of this card in my decks, this should make some of the expensive DoD characters more viable in decks.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 05:06:05 AM »
This Surprise Defense buff was very welcome. Even though I recycle'd and gather thoughts'd my defenses to reuse, now I dont have to worry about clearing my grave of old copies to keep reusing them.

Offline Rethorian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 05:08:49 AM »
Why does Surprise Defense get a buff out of nowhere, but other older cards are still left useless?

It just seems like it came out of nowhere...

3x Kinetically Overloaded Drone

Certain Employees, who have since been demoted to XXXXXXXXXX, left a drone charging overnight. Luckily, this lead to the creation of the Kinetically Overloaded Drone. While not a very large robot, given enough time, or support from your commanders, it can become a threat in short order. Just make sure you leave it unplugged when you're finished with it. Further electrical has no further beneficial effects, it simply makes the drone explode (No SENIOR Engineers were harmed in the course of this experiment)

This 1-Cost character is mostly filler, as it will take many turns using it's own effect to reach a size that can combat the average characters your opponent will play. You can buff this card with any of your commanders to speed up this process, provided you have the spare resources. A good idea is to play this turn 1, and then play another robot from hand and use Secluded Constructor to sacrifice your newly played robot onto your Kinetically Overloaded Drone, and surprise your opponent with a big Drone.

3x Support Drone

Our miniature Support Drone is the ultimate design in robotic assistant. It can cook, clean, do taxes and can offer back massages. In our combat-oriented Support Drone designs, it can assist any character on the battlefield, increasing their effectiveness. It can also make coffee and provide snacks, for the soldier on the go.

Another 1 cost card, Support Drones are good to play to fill in holes in your resource curve. It's also an effective turn 1 Play, as it can buff Secluded Constructor above 4 health, or buff itself to a 5/5. It's a small robot, but like Kinetically Overloaded Drone, consider buffing it with Aleta Tinker, Lucca, or Secluded Constructor.

7x Unending Drone

On a battlefield, when our robots break down (always due to user error, not covered by warranty), Genesis engineers who attempt to repair them are often found with holes in them, cut up into smaller pieces, or never found again (also not covered by Genesis Industries Premium Employee Life and Health Insurance©). So our Engineers created Unending Drones! No matter how many times these robots go down, as long as you have one functioning, it will repair the rest of your drones every turn! No longer must you suffer by doing robot maintenance yourself!

These are complicated little guys. New Employees are often eager to get as many out as fast as possible, seeing them as infinite value, but infinite value doesnt help when your fortress is being smashed.

Think of it this way, you're paying 2 resources for a 2/2. To made this infinite, you have to play a second and hide it in support. 4 Resources, for a 2/2 that always comes back. Wouldn't you rather have a Splitter Robot out for 4 resources, which is 10/10, and comes back once as two 5/5's?

They're not useless however. When you have the resources to spare, they can be valuable sacrifices for your secluded constructor (providing a +3/+3 buff for 1 resource), or as repeatable defenders when you need to stall for a bit more time for your other robots to win you the game. Getting a handful of these out before playing Lucca can also generate a decent chunk of value, turning them all into 5/5's until they die.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:45:46 PM by Rethorian »

Offline Celther

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 05:09:19 AM »
The Surprise defense change is nice, but being unable to control how characters are played into defense from the hand leaves a lot to be desired.

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 05:13:39 AM »
I guess you could say the Surprise Defense buff... *puts on sunglasses* was a surprise.

Offline Nehkrimah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 07:03:44 AM »
now Phalanx Commander can proc the Invincible defenders. I like it, it was the first thing I tested once I saw it, and was a bit disappointed that it didn't work.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 08:50:22 AM »
I think you mean the Surprise Defense nerf came out of nowhere. (Refer to my Hidden Changes Post)  :'( But any buff towards DoD is a welcomed changed for me.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Best Sakuya NA

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 09:22:17 AM »
Here is a lit of the things that have changed in our 1.2.1 Hotfix patch.
- Fixed an issue where if two Splitter Bots died simultaneously it would cause a client desync.
This was one of the biggest ongoing issues of the previous set in competitive play, and I'm glad to see it's hopefully fixed.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 09:51:05 AM »
Oh, now Rite of Rage doesn't work with Redirected Combat Damage from Guard anymore. Well I guess it had too much potential to make the game unbalanced in the Long run.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
That's a bit of a shame. Does it still work when redirecting damage that isn't combat (i.e. Lightning Bolt or Yuanshi's Wrath)?
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Held

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »
Here is a lit of the things that have changed in our 1.2.1 Hotfix patch.
This was one of the biggest ongoing issues of the previous set in competitive play, and I'm glad to see it's hopefully fixed.

I have the same opion. But it seems like that the with fix another old bug from Splitter came back: When he dies in command he is creates tokens again! :/

Btw: Is bug-using allowed? ^^

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 05:26:21 PM »
Once again the standalone Mac update seems puffied. It tells me my client is out of date but when I run the Launcher it can't find anything to download. Strangely enough it does let me log in with the out of date client, which reports itself as 1.201 External.

If you guys need a Mac beta tester, you know where to find me...

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »
Once again the standalone Mac update seems puffied. It tells me my client is out of date but when I run the Launcher it can't find anything to download. Strangely enough it does let me log in with the out of date client, which reports itself as 1.201 External.

If you guys need a Mac beta tester, you know where to find me...

Same here. Running the launcher doesn't do anything, but I'm still able to log in. Sending game and trade invites doesn't work for me on the standalone client anymore.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:26 PM »
Oh god yes splitter desync fixed, gj lightmare!

On another note I don't know if this is the right place to say anything but I don't suppose we could get the rita card to be in line with the accidental text? That rita looked way more interesting.