Author Topic: Hotfix 1.2 Notes Part 3  (Read 13574 times)

Offline w4golf

• View Profile
Re: Hotfix 1.2 Notes Part 3
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 02:37:22 AM »
so it seems Thunder Apprentice unplayable now.
Cassial still too weak. the other changes were needed

Yup, finally a pretty cool character for Verore... made very uncool.... instant removal from my deck.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 02:39:02 AM »
I just want Verore to have an early game card with a bit of bite to it. Thats all I want. Right now the faction is seriously focused on 5-6+ cost cards. Our one drop (Master of Demons) fuels a highly specific deck type, where nearly all the other one drops do something else effective for the faction they're in, for all their deck types.

For those looking at early game CoV, I suggest playing around with that new Thrall. Those 10/10s can be potent and surprisingly efficient when played right.

Was about to mention it myself. Those new Thralls let you deploy 10/10's literally exactly as fast as GI deploys infected drones. Only with Thralls you can play a clever trick of placing them untransformed into assault and then playing mass death. Guaranteed heavy damage.

And I'm supposed to waste resources killing my own thralls to proc their ability? Thats not early game. Thats not early game at all. Yeah I could lightning blast my own card and then deploy the 10/10 but then flame dawn (the primary reason why TA needs to proc on combat damage) has any number of ways to move it out of the defense zone or kill it quickly. By the time I'm moving to the point where mass death is a subject of interest, I'm more than likely reeling from repeated hits and I wont have time to deploy a new thrall, or even deploying the other one, because I'm too busy trying not to die to mass stumble from nix, or flash bang which says 'hah' to any defensive investment.

A lot of these things are things TA is vulnerable to, but she just has more of a presence than thrall on the battlefield because blast divides damage more efficiently (and gives you more chances to kill nobles) and also can make FD pause because while Thrall can attack FD's fortress and they wont care, FD is suddenly forced to block because they dont want blasts hitting their small creatures in the face.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 02:41:57 AM »
Why is no one talking about how strong Noble Protector has gotten? I hate that card. That card single handedly counters my DoD Decks. Imagine a 6 Noble Protector Deck with 37 Flame Dawn Aspirants...  :'( Or Ritual Master with Noble Protector. That Single Card counters most cards from Lightning Blasts to Spontaneous Combustions to Winds of War.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 02:46:11 AM »
Why is no one talking about how strong Noble Protector has gotten? I hate that card. That card single handedly counters my DoD Decks. Imagine a 6 Noble Protector Deck with 37 Flame Dawn Aspirants...  :'( Or Ritual Master with Noble Protector. That Single Card counters most cards from Lightning Blasts to Spontaneous Combustions to Winds of War.

Protector protects command if its in command? FD 2 Exile got even better then.

Offline NikaSharkeh

• For Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 02:50:05 AM »
And I'm supposed to waste resources killing my own thralls to proc their ability? Thats not early game. Thats not early game at all

I fought a deck just recently with non-order Rita and 2 Thralls in command. With that you are guaranteed to have a 10/10 on turn 2 and another one on turn 3 + any more you draw in hand. Dont forget her ability doesnt cost resources.  Or just play any abilities that involve sacrifice(not remove from play though). Exactly as fast as infected drones, as i said.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:54:38 AM by NikaSharkeh »

Offline xneosrevenge

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 02:50:49 AM »
Unless they changed it, Demonic Corruption removes old typing. All you need is one purity into Exiles and you have your invincible Martyr Golems of damage sponging. The difference is now it's gaining power and losing health at a steady rate once that's all over.

Yes, this totally should be made public knowledge.

This is correct. If Demonic Corruption is used on Martyr Golem, it's Artificial subtype is replaced with Demon [http://i.imgur.com/S4WnklM.png - thank you ceces]. We might want to consider making Demonic Corruption ".. in addition to it's other subtypes" to avoid this problem.
"We adore chaos because we love to produce order." -M. C. Escher

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 02:56:23 AM »
And I'm supposed to waste resources killing my own thralls to proc their ability? Thats not early game. Thats not early game at all

I fought a deck just recently with non-order Rita and 2 Thralls in command. With that you are guaranteed to have a 10/10 on turn 2 and another one on turn 3 + any more you draw in hand. Dont forget her ability doesnt cost resources.  Or just play any abilities that involve sacrifice(not remove from play though). Exactly as fast as infected drones, as i said.

pretty cool

Offline BlackLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 03:00:44 AM »
Nice. Didn't think of that at all.

Offline Sabwa

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:04 AM »
This shikana change is odd and not what I would've expected at all. Some of my tactics against shikana were to use word of command/ferocity/heavens bell to move characters onto the field after the board wipe, now I'll have to throw my units into certain death but maybe I'll block a paladin or two.

Not sure I like the shikana change but I like where a lot of the other changes are going.

And yeah I've been having a lot of success with the tormented thrall + nysrugh in command with splats fueling other tormented thralls, not sure why I'm not seeing more of these being played, they can be very efficient. I guess we still need some time to figure all these order combo's out ;)
'Never have I seen such a strong will to live'

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2014, 03:03:55 AM »

Now people will complain that body is too efficient for Verore and want it nerf'd to 7/7 or 6/6.

Offline Shimrra3

• I am ... darkness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 03:06:58 AM »
Pretty sure Shikana's flavor text says (at least said) "Upon arrival he declared he was named Shikana, and he demanded tribute."

I was going to say exactly this.

I agree with most of these changes... I do think Thunder Apprentice is really difficult to use now though, and that this might not be the right way to nerf her. Obviously she needed something done though.

Fairly sure DivineDemonic still needs a fix of some kind - his discard ability is unbelievably easy to abuse...
Quote from: Teremus
YOU WANT BALANCE? I'LL MAKE EVERY CARD IN THE GAME VIZZERDRIX

"That was the worst driving of all time!"
"Because that wasn't driving! That was flying and burning!"

Offline BlackLightning

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »

Now people will complain that body is too efficient for Verore and want it nerf'd to 7/7 or 6/6.
Maybe. Verore is favoured in most match ups outside of FD so there will be players still frustrated with playing against the faction.

Offline qhival

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2014, 03:22:26 AM »
you should copy or move this post the the patch notes forum where everyone goes to look for it. everyone is spamming ingame asking why they havent posted the notes yet.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2014, 03:22:57 AM »
Following what a lot of other people said I am cool with everything apart from the thunder apprentice changes. She is way to easy to stop from hitting a fortress so the changes mean she is now only good in a highly agressive deck that can clear the path. This makes her pretty much unviable in most cov decks. If you want to remove thunder apprentice that is fine, but there really isn't anything at all to replace her atm for cov. I am not just talking about 3 cov here but any 2cov deck that wants to be... well anything really needs commanders that don't suck in the early game or you get rolled by fd. Outside of 3 cov rubble golem does not really control the board so you are left with no good options to run. The thrall and rita combo sounds interesting but this still leaves you with only 2 command slots that you can play early to try and slow down rushes.

I would love for Cov to have just a playable 3 drop or something, that is all it really needs, if that was the case the thunder changes are fine.

One last thing to check, shikana triggering at end of turn means it triggers after combat right?
Interesting

Offline hyakusiki

• Mega Unit 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2014, 03:33:35 AM »
Great, Shikana's card text refers to it as "she" but the flavor text refers to it as "he".

In a much less stunning news, Order cards are now ranked legal. W.T.F.