Author Topic: Swarmer Broodlord  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
Swarmer Broodlord
« on: December 15, 2014, 09:07:12 PM »
Is there anyway it could be tweaked to allow spells to be in the deck? Or would that be overpowered? I mean having a deck with all characters cant be very exciting or have much engaging gameplay. Unless there will be insectoid spells sometime in the future?

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Swarmer Broodlord
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 02:29:05 AM »
I agree they should should allow spells, since they nerfed Warped Swarmers kind of hard.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Juxtapoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 03:59:21 AM »
3rded.

Also, 2nded that the Warped Swarmer nerf was pretty Brutal (pun intended).

+1 damage only on the turn a swarmer has died is ridiculously weak compared to other swarmer (and non-insect) cards.  IMO it puts it almost on the same scale as the flame dawn commando (cost 1).  4 resources and 1 card slot gives you a 9/9 insectiod and +2/+2 to every other swarmer in the case of the Brutal Swarmer and 2 Warped Swarmers take up 2 card slots in order to give you 2 5/5 insectoids and SOMETIMES +2 to damage (not health) when and only when the insectoid died due to combat damage.

PS. kudos for listening to the Brood Queen idea and implementing it

PPS. suggestions for improving: Brood Queen's 2nd effect is only Insectoid Creatures may be used in the deck.  That is, whatever factions are in the other command slot determines cards available and then non-insectoid cards are blacklisted.

My suggestion for Warped Swarmer is 'when swarmer dies to a non-sacrifice effect all opposing creatures take 1 damage'.  Rationale: the biggest abuse seemed to be using sacrifice abilities to trigger aoe damage on the enemy at-will (personally guilty).

Offline Pixels

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 02:20:26 AM »
I agree no one is playing him as he is now. Why not allow spells?

It seems like half the cards are super efficient and the other half aren't really worth playing.

Offline tropireno

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 02:59:28 AM »
Yeah I think the reason no one is playing him is because no one has enough swarmers to actually make a deck.  Allowing spells would fix this.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:06:31 AM by tropireno »

Offline Juxtapoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 02:42:05 AM »
I traded a Nix so I would have enough swarmers to use the Broodlord and results were pretty bad in its current form.

No abilities means no surprises and a very predictable deck.  Also, no way of countering any nice combinations your opponents have going for themselves.

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 06:42:43 AM »
I traded a Nix so I would have enough swarmers to use the Broodlord and results were pretty bad in its current form.

No abilities means no surprises and a very predictable deck.  Also, no way of countering any nice combinations your opponents have going for themselves.

Especially with the changes to Warped Swarmers.  Swarmers now have exactly zero ways to deal with anything that's not right in front of them in attack or defense.  A big disappointment, especially as the server glitches that caused swarmer decks to crash the game seem to have been fixed.