Author Topic: Fiery Wish?  (Read 783 times)

Offline Syfer22

• View Profile
Fiery Wish?
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
In my opinion, the worst of the wishes released so far. It feels like it does the same thing multiple ways, as opposed to giving different options like a swiss army knife like the other wishes do.

I only say that because I sometimes struggle to find a reason to use this card instead of something else. Making something unblockable is okay, but FD is usually based around the weenies so getting one of them past won't really make a huge difference unless it's a game-winning push (and even then, Harbinger of Light/Exhaust/Burning Prejudice/Nix anyone? Unless the defenders are ALSO untargettable).

Indestructible is nice if you're anticipating one of your weenies (or moderately big-ish guys) getting nuked or taking damage, but most of the time it's like "Okay, one of my guys died, I'll put another one into play." I do want to try it out with Ireul sometime for the surprise factor, but that requires 10 resources -- And by that point you're either spiking the ball, or things have gone horribly wrong and a 10/10 won't save you.

Giving all of your guys Charge the next turn is nice, but it's a HUGE telegraph move. I guess it'll be good for mind games and Tactical Retreat, baiting them into blocking while you sit back and get the buff.

What are your thoughts on it? I'd love to be proven wrong; the art on the card is amazing and I really want to use them.

Offline Pixels

• View Profile
Re: Fiery Wish?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:23:00 PM »
It would be better if the first ability was the same as Resolute Initiative.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:33:19 PM by Pixels »

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
Re: Fiery Wish?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 03:21:40 AM »
For the unblockable part, one thing that I did think of is using it on a multistrike guy e.g. firestarter to get huge value across. Combining unblockable with FD's damage buffs e.g. strength in numbers, power of the underdog, and the multistrike can allow some ridiculous damage through. However, I feel that the wish, like some other FD cards in Order (I'm looking at nix, flashbang etc.) are designed to open up options that are a little later in the game, which I don't think is a bad thing.

If FD kept getting good stuff for that 1-4 turn range, games would get out of hand ridiculously fast imo. I remember someone mentioning that a worrying direction for the game to take would be to go to a meta of two competitive decks/styles: Ultra Fast Rush and Ultra Hardcore Control, with anything with timing in the middle unable to cope with the rush speed and unable to cope with the control damage options.