Author Topic: Rift Wars #2 [Cancelled]  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
Rift Wars #2 [Cancelled]
« on: January 03, 2015, 03:06:28 AM »
Rift Wars  #2

We must end this war
-----------------------
Or this war will end us

Announcements:

+ I wont have the time to run and manage this tournament so regretfully I will have to cancel it.

Time:

Current Prizes:

Rules:

Only the dead have seen the end of War
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:33:17 PM by weak_wolf »

Offline Reincarnation

• View Profile
Re: Rift Wars #2 [Info Posted]
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:24:02 AM »
Great to see another tournament. However, isn't that you have already scheduled an "End of the Rift" tournament in Feb.? Also, I think you mentioned winner of Rift War 1 receive Bye for your next tournaments. (In this format, not likely to receive byes)

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:12:04 AM »
Great to see another tournament. However, isn't that you have already scheduled an "End of the Rift" tournament in Feb.? Also, I think you mentioned winner of Rift War 1 receive Bye for your next tournaments. (In this format, not likely to receive byes)

The End of the Rift tournament was scehduled for "Feb or March", I will probably have this and another tournament prior to the EotR tournament just because I dont want any screw ups or problems during the EotR. These smaller tournaments are testers so to speak which is going to help me gauge and prepare for troubles that may arise. The EotR will be the first official high stakes tournament, which will get the ball rolling for the tourneys that come after it.

In the last format there were 4 rounds, the first round had around 24 games, 2nd having 16 etc... totaling to a total of 50+ games being played by different players throughout the tournament. With so many games being played there is alot of room for mistakes. By reducing the number of rounds therefore reducing the number issues that can arise. It will also make the tournament quicker and more to the point as oppose to the week long epics we are used to.

What I have decided to do was give the Winners of the 3 Rift Runs and the Road to the Rift, byes for the 1st round of the End of the Rift tournament. So they will form a group of 4, that will enter into the 2nd round as oppose to starting during round 1.

Offline HeliosAFlame

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 04:06:25 PM »
I am in again, it sounds fun :).
Why do people plan every tourney months in advance though? It seems much more likely people will forget if things are done like this.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:38:20 PM »
I am in again, it sounds fun :).
Why do people plan every tourney months in advance though? It seems much more likely people will forget if things are done like this.

I have been considering moving the start time to the 30th and having registrations start a week earlier. It did seems like a long time to wait. Actually im going to go ahead and do that.