Author Topic: Rite of Rage Abuse, Possible Solutions  (Read 2965 times)

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
Re: Rite of Rage Abuse, Possible Solutions
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 12:30:35 AM »
It might just be Phalanx Commander that has that issues with not being considered your own redirection. Martyr Golem still seems to take damage. I don't think that was Phalanx Commander just negating my attacks... If it was then I am going to be really disappointed in myself for saying it did. However, I can definitely confirm redirected damage counts as not being combat damage for Rite of Rage. Noble Protector definitely doesn't care about your own abilities. After some infiltrating, it doesn't even care about Fight, though Rite of Rage does. Whether this is because of priority order or something, Rite of Rage was tested as not taking priority over Noble Protector when it comes to abilities, though not combat damage.

I would test Phalanx Commander but I don't actually have that card. If somebody else can properly confirm or deny that previous statement of mine I'd love to hear it.

I have tested the Phalanx Commander + Noble Protector combo against the AI and it works. I can't test the Martyr Golem so I'm not sure if it works the same way, but if it does that's even scarier.

Fight! states that it deals combat damage and this seems to be the case since I tested it with the Terror Moose and he still took damage. I haven't tested Fight! with RoR, but if that really works I'm gonna be really confused.

Splat is the most damage I can think of that doesn't rely on damage redirection. For some reason I think it's a very funny combo.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 03:55:43 AM »
With the Phalanx Commander, you are making sure that, with damage devided, character would still take at least some damage, correct? I know that it has worked in the past at preventing any damage if it split damage to less than 1 (I.E. .999 or less after splitting), or 2 or less if using Wall of Jinhai.

Regardless, Rite of Rage really should get recoded to not work with Martyr Golem, at least. I'd like to see it still usable with Guard though, but that could also potentially be OP and it's even within the same faction. :(

Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 03:51:02 PM »
With the Phalanx Commander, you are making sure that, with damage devided, character would still take at least some damage, correct? I know that it has worked in the past at preventing any damage if it split damage to less than 1 (I.E. .999 or less after splitting), or 2 or less if using Wall of Jinhai.

Regardless, Rite of Rage really should get recoded to not work with Martyr Golem, at least. I'd like to see it still usable with Guard though, but that could also potentially be OP and it's even within the same faction. :(

I only had the Phalanx Commander and and the Noble Protector in defense and they took no damage at all from a glorious warrior. I did play the great wall as well, but only after I had confirmed that it worked without it. Of course, there's always this uncertain feeling I get from testing things out against the AI. I know of a number of cards or even game mechanics that just don't work against the bots, though most are things that directly affect your opponent, such as mindbender, mindsplinter, Vasir, the demon prince,... stuff like that.

I don't think RoR + Guard would be OP so long as redirected combat damage isn't prevented by RoR anymore. The gain isn't all that great and it requires either a three ability combo or a two ability combo + prediction that your opponent is going to play something like Yuanshi's Wrath this turn.

I am a little worried about the martyr golem though, since it works on all characters and one of the cards being a character makes this combo easier to pull of. Not to mention that a really buffed up golem would continue to soak up damage for other characters. The suggestion by Derakus to make RoR not work on artificial characters would be the most elegant solution if this does turn out to be a problem.

EDIT: RoR no longer works on artificial characters. Guard + RoR still prevents combat damage however.

It's a step in the right direction, but I feel like the negating of combat damage is really the bigger issue here and that is still around.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 02:59:16 PM by CubicBerserker »