Author Topic: BroodLord modification suggestion  (Read 4954 times)

Offline sketmachine13

• View Profile
Re: BroodLord modification suggestion
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2015, 03:00:14 AM »
I was also most unpleasantly surprised to see that not a single new swarmer card was made when oppression was released.

My current swarmer deck warpath/verore/verore does decently well so I dont think swarmers are a "joke deck" although maybe im still playing against non-metas/etc.

Broodlord, itself, is a piece of trash. Nobody can deny this. It's what swarmer decks NEED but the drawbacks are much to severe. It NEEDS to allow ability cards. Without it, swarmers have no way of winning. You can only body block so much before you have an empty hand.

Blazing Swamers need a swarmer version of  "gather the weak" to even make blazing worth considering. FD doesn't offer enough options over factions offer to justify using it.

Tranquil Swarmer is also a joke with its ability only reducing morale loss by 1. It should've given swarmers vigilance like Blazing gives haste.

Warped swarmer before nerf was great. Now, its still decent, especially if you can get all 3 out.

Brutal swarmer is staple because its the only one that gives a decent buff. Also, caretaker is warpath, which is also staple.

Consuming Swarmer is decent. Buffs our bugs for each kill it gets. Sadly consume 2 doesn't stack like Brutal's buff but I can see why it cant. Imaging consume 6! +6/+6 per kill PLUS heals 6.

Artificial Swarmer is also okay. Gives a lower +1/+1 but also makes the bugs artificial allowing for easier buffs from Genesis cards. But unless you build mainly GI over WP, its not that great.

Ascending Swarmer, I don't know. Never used but the fact that it exhausts both itself AND its target makes it a bit too slow. I could be wrong though. Maybe if you used with Artifical to make them flying and overbuff them via secluded constructor...

Infected Swarmer is good with its infect BUT sleepers are getting rotated out, meaning its going ot obsolete soon.

Overall, I think Swarmers would be High B tier in terms of strength. Not joke level tier but not good enough to win against a majority of the meta decks. Which is where swarmers should be. Just that it needs to get new cards to compete with the other decks as new sets are released or else it'll fall into oblivion.

Pretty much, if a new swarmer ISN'T released when the next faction is released, then Swarmers are offically left for dead and abandoned.

Offline Dogeee [BoD]

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2015, 02:19:46 PM »
is 2cov swarmers really that good? i play gi,wp,exile. (artificial swarmer, caretaker, consuming s.) also i play support drone, lucca, L. ascended to buff em up. cta, fight, combustion and blbp are cool 1p cards that fit quite well, too.
it works good for fun, though it stands NO chance vs. a competitive deck.

"this game is rock bottem" - mew28

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 07:56:58 PM »
They should make hybrid swarmers and then add rather than broodlord, "booster" swarmers that give you increased purity options for swarmers of those options. This would make swarmer decks unique as some people will prefer some color combinations over others.

By booster swarmer I mean it gives purity equal to both it's factions but probably restricted to swarmers. so like if it were Verore + FD purity Swarmer Gene booster and you put it on a Verore Command slot, you could include anything from Verore, but only Swarmers from FD.

I mean this doesnt seem that great looking at the current swarmers (only one from each faction) But if you start making different purity requirement swarmers this could add to a lot of customizeability.

Examples:

Rage Swarmer
WP+Sleepers
If deployed
Each Insectoid you control gains an additional bloodthirst +1

Twilight Swarmer
OoS+Verore
If deployed
Each Insectoid you control gains "If this character kills another character during combat, it gains flying"

Swarmer of Unity
2 WP or 2 OoS
If deployed
Each Insectoid you control gains "This character gains +1/+1 for each Insectoid in the same zone as it"

Stench Drencher
2 FD
If deployed
Each Insectoid you control gains "If a character kills this character through combat damage, that character is moved to the support zone"

Mutant Hive Augmenter
1 GI 1 Exiles
If deployed
Each Insectoid and Artificial character you control gains "This character gets +2/-1 at the end of each turn"

Prismatic Swarmer
Any Faction
If deployed
Each insectoid you control gains +1/+1 for each character of a different faction you control. Factionless does not count.

Plague Swarmer
Sleepers or Verore
If deployed
Each insectoid gains -2/-2
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:20:23 PM by Hiding »

Offline SwatAK

• Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 10:29:47 PM »
Plague Swarmer
Sleepers or Verore
If deployed
mmm how is that any good for the swarmers....?
"Fighting relaxes me. It's like meditation, but i get to kill something"

Offline Goldschuss

• Death Ray, I don't like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
Stench Drencher
2 FD
If deployed
Each Insectoid you control gains "If a character kills this character through combat damage, that character is moved to the support zone"

If its Flame Dawn, then rather give him unstoppable or "If this character engages in combat with another charakter, it will attack again"

Offline Hiding

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »
Plague Swarmer
Sleepers or Verore
If deployed
mmm how is that any good for the swarmers....?

It's not good, was a reference to the old mtg slivers. Notice how thats the only swarmer that says "each insectoid" not "each insectoid you control"? Id say its more of a very situational sideboard card to use against swarmers.