Author Topic: Controlled Temporal Anomaly OP/NERF  (Read 2131 times)

Offline PeliKan

• I'm a Warrior with a Pencil.
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Controlled Temporal Anomaly OP/NERF
« on: December 11, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »
This card need NERF !

I'm tired of the power of this card. Mainly I play 3 WP deck when I play Granthar, The elder ape I can't stop opponent becasue he remove my character from field and I lose 6 resources because I active ability to kill character and strong blocker in my defense zone even in my Initiative turn. This is only one example.

Comparing the two cards: Suppress vs Controlled Temporal Anomaly

Sorry I have to say Supress is really big puffy card compared to Controlled Temporal Anomaly

Supress can only block ability for cost 2

Controlled Temporal Anomaly for cost 2 can:

- block activation ability
- get rid of one character from battlefield
- combo like sacculus, lucca etc
- get rid of one character and debuff others characters like pack leader, Lilariah, Angel of Virtue etc.

How do you think why current meta is 2Falme Down and 1 Genesis ? Becasue there are powerful CTA.(not causing that always win the game, but contributes to the ease of gameplay).

I hope you also see how is this unbalanced.

I DEMAND remove prementive effect from this card.

It will be help stop:
- alwyas blocking characters from activity ability, now can only block when he have initiative turn
- we have chance to kill sacculus, lucca, etc kill first before they will  be remove

Sorry for my english and I hope Lightmare Staff do something, I don't care that ORDER is coming, this card will be bad even after new set

Thank you for your attention,
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:37:20 PM by BossPL »

Offline Pixelei

• View Profile
Re: Controlled Temporal Anomaly OP/NERF
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 06:35:47 PM »
CTA is fine as it is, I think. It's a very interesting and versatile card and I wouldn't like to see it changed. Even if it is an auto-include in basically every GI deck.

The problem comes in combining it with certain other cards (Sacullas, obviously, or Lucca). There are few things more frustrating than your opponent's FD army sitting in support and spamming CTA on Sacullas :(

Offline PeliKan

• View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 06:47:56 PM »
I have enough experience with this game to see that this card is bad. I wanted to do this post three weeks ago, but I decided to play and watch, and now I'm sure.

Previously I made post with Warped Swarmer and now card effect was change and this make I do not judge blindly.

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 06:48:14 PM »
Pretty much every faction has like one super good ability card at low cost.
Fear
Fight
Stumble, or like any fd ability, most are awesome.
daodes protection
etc etc.
Follow your...

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 08:55:42 PM »
CTA makes copies of Interdimensional Phase Bot while skipping your opponent's priority! Oh no!

Honestly, I think CTA is fine. If you're getting hosed with it while using Granthar, then I suppose the mean rebuttal would be to say that you were outplayed by someone predicting your move, but that seems a little harsh to me.
Sure, it has a lot of uses. It's incredibly versatile. So it's a good card. But I don't consider it to be game breaking.

Hey, guys, I figured out that Temporary Mass Reality Shift can dodge Mass Death or any other removal, reset health damage, and double the size of a Interdimensional Phase Bot army! All with Preemptive! It's madness!

Okay, on second thought, that came off pretty harsh. Still gonna say it. Just please realize that the ridicule is no way aimed at you. It's mostly me using sarcasm to illustrate.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 10:28:13 PM »
I think CTA might be better if it only targeted deployed characters (both yourself and opponent). Thoughts?

Offline Angelshard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 11:13:16 PM »
Personally I think it's fine as it is. It's a good card, but it's not a game changer, it can't stop a rush like a burning prejudice can, it doesn't reset the board like calamity. It's a card that's great for combo's or out thinking your opponent and I support that kind of cards, they bring more mindgames to the meta, something I'm in favour of.

Also if you removed preemptiveit would be a massive nerf, I quite often use it to dodge abilities, and sometimes it fails (my opponent didn't use one) also I find that a card that can reset that fat ass hungry abomination is just fine.

Offline Bast

• The Genesis CEO Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 07:19:16 AM »
CTA is fine as is and while it is a really good tactical ability card. It is far from being broken, also please don't just outright demand for things to be changed.

Offline PeliKan

• View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »
+1 effect:
Can remove buff character from Secluded Constructor, Verorian Hydra etc.

5 effect in one
Supress only one effect come on....

I hope that you will be aware over time ;) There can't be one powerful card in every factio, each card sholud be balanced compared to the others cards
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:01:17 PM by BossPL »

Offline w4golf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 01:49:34 PM »
The card works as intended.  Please stop demanding and insisting that you know better than those who have been around the game far longer than either of us.  It's unsightly.   It's powerful, there are a lot of powerful cards.  Not all cards are created equal.   If they were, the game would be a pretty boring thing.  If you think it's so incredibly OP, please, by all means, use 3 in each of your decks.   

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 05:59:58 AM »
I think CTA might be better if it only targeted deployed characters (both yourself and opponent). Thoughts?

I don't think I've seen CTA played very often on commanders anyway.  A few fringe cases, sure, but not really enough to warrant such a change in my book.  If some card comes along that can horribly abuse being removed from your own command then sure, but with the current card pool, how is this a problem?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 07:37:27 AM »
I don't think I've seen CTA played very often on commanders anyway.  A few fringe cases, sure, but not really enough to warrant such a change in my book.  If some card comes along that can horribly abuse being removed from your own command then sure, but with the current card pool, how is this a problem?
It's not an issue with specific cards. In certain builds, the Command Zone is supposed to be a kind of safe haven for cards to build up strength, throw abilities and so on, especially for the first few turns of the game. This is why The Perils of Command costs 5. A Cost 2 card which can hit the Command, remove a card for a turn and/or revert it to it's original form is a little too much, no?

For that matter, Humble should cost at least 3 or 4 in my opinion.

Offline CubicBerserker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 08:30:47 AM »
It's not an issue with specific cards. In certain builds, the Command Zone is supposed to be a kind of safe haven for cards to build up strength, throw abilities and so on, especially for the first few turns of the game. This is why The Perils of Command costs 5. A Cost 2 card which can hit the Command, remove a card for a turn and/or revert it to it's original form is a little too much, no?

For that matter, Humble should cost at least 3 or 4 in my opinion.

Barely anyone use Perils of Command because it costs too much for what it does and the best targets in command often have low health anyway. Since many commanders are meant to be played out rather than sit in command it can easily become a dead draw too. Considering this, verore kidnapper is a much better alternative. Humble is two purity and needs a good target to be really effective. I think it's perfectly fine the way it is. The command zone isn't supposed to be completely safe anyway.

If there's anything I always found weird about CTA it's how characters that are temporarily removed from the game have their stats reset. Though that's more of a general mechanic thing rather than a specific issue with CTA.

Personally I really like cards that can be used in many ways. CTA is a perfect example of that. It's a strong card and it certainly has won games for me that seemed unwinnable otherwise, but to say that it's overpowered is a bit much.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 09:12:40 AM »
Barely anyone use Perils of Command because it costs too much for what it does and the best targets in command often have low health anyway. Since many commanders are meant to be played out rather than sit in command it can easily become a dead draw too. Considering this, verore kidnapper is a much better alternative.
If the Commander is deployed then I am fine with Controlled Temporal Anomaly being used on it.

In terms of getting rid of Commanders, Perils of Command is the best card for the job since Kidnapper can be killed. However in practice I put Perils in the Sideboard, and regardless, I was just using Perils as an example of expensive removal of Commanders, as compared to Controlled Temporal Anomaly.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 10:18:45 AM »
Well, Peril gets rid of a commander permanently so Long as it isn't Untouchable or has protection from death, while CTA only gets it out for a single turn.

Kidnapper is more powerful because you will have the Problem gone for at least 2 turns most of the time, probably longer and you don't have to worry about protection from death.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.