Author Topic: Order Fanfiction - One More Step  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
Order Fanfiction - One More Step
« on: November 22, 2014, 12:35:23 AM »
Everything hurt.

A dim buzz ran through his limbs as he coughed up dust, his body pushed to the limit by the simple act of breathing. Putting his foot down onto the ground as he stumbled out of the ruined fortress however brought a strange numbness to his body.

Normally he was a very goal oriented person, and times as desperate as these were no exception, so he made a new goal. One more step.

One.

One.

One.

And as one step became five steps, he found himself propelled across the ruined cityscape, which was eerily silent save for the whiring of now masterless machines, and the dreaded distant flapping of wings in the red sky.

A sudden, sharp pain in his chest brought him out of his trance and he lurched forward, coughing, his vision blurry. When it cleared, a spatter of red painted the blue walls. He sat against the wall, breathing deeply.

"Come on..." He whispered to himself, closing his eyes as strength fled his limbs. "One more step..."

At that moment a near silent flapping of wings made itself known to him, before loud, echoing footsteps reverberated in his chest, like a second heartbeat. A pause. Then a gravelly voice spoke.

"And now, an end to this."

Orion opened his eyes and looked at the monster who had brought ruin to his people. "And to think we called you saviors, gods." A shudder ran through his body, and Orion could no longer find the strength to look at him. "No one will call you angels now. Who will respect you after this?"

The demon with an angel's body was silent for a moment. Then, a cool barrel came to rest against Orion's bloodied temple. "We do not require respect. We only require Order."

A shot. Then silence.

One more step to the end.

One more step to Order.

________

Alternate Ending:

Orion: "Wait..."

Totally-Not-Sol: "...?"

Orion: *Pulls out a support drone and holds it out to Not-Sol*

Not-Sol: ...*Takes the drone and runs off into another alleyway like a cat with a new toy*

Orion: "Full-on Friendship!"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:29:07 AM by Grinnin_Gin »

Offline NikaSharkeh

• For Science!
    • View Profile
Re: Order Fanfiction - One More Step
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 11:08:07 PM »
Seeing how Orion's Grave is a new card in Order, your fan fic might aswell be cannon here. Made me very sad re-reading it :( Very deep and touching.

Offline LEGION346

• Translator
  • Don't make me miss that rush, take me to the crush
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:31:13 AM »
R.I.P Orion
Not only Lucca will miss you :'(

Offline bowtastic

• Walk into the club like what up I got a big deck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
I want Lucca going berserk and collect the weapons of her fallen foes so she can make a giant angel gun and destroy their souls >:D
I say we build a statue to our great dwarf overlord. He will guide us in our quest to diggy diggy hole.

Offline NikaSharkeh

• For Science!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 11:23:36 PM »
I want Lucca going berserk and collect the weapons of her fallen foes so she can make a giant angel gun and destroy their souls >:D

Knowing Luca, especially if Aleta is helping her, she could totally make something like it!  :D

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 04:10:13 AM »
That was awesome.

Edit - Dont like how Sol is villianised in it though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:12:34 AM by WWKnight »
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Grinnin_Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 06:48:31 PM »
I always felt that Sol was a bit of a sinister character. At least, that is the vibe I pick up from him. And to be fair, Aberion and Sol thought that Orion was attempting to weaponize the Virus of Avarrach. I imagine Sol is more of an anti-hero than anything, potentially crossing the line into villain at times.

Offline Gogo327

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 09:42:38 PM »
Lol end up making a Zombie Abomonation like card but GI instead