Author Topic: Hidden Changes  (Read 2900 times)

Offline electro13

• You've been bamboozled!
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden Changes
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
It's legit flavor text on annihilate, but it isn't always that. It's only occasionally, like an easter egg that appears every now and then.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 12:35:30 AM »
There has always been flavor text that takes a while to show up. Killaroo is one, and Assassinate is another very popular one (if you haven't seen it, you should). Still, most of these 'hidden' changes seems like more accidental reverting on various cards. This happened on an earlier patch. I'm fairly certain they aren't intentional as they've been real good at stating what they are changing and why.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Crimes

• RIPRNGstone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 02:04:12 AM »
There has always been flavor text that takes a while to show up. Killaroo is one, and Assassinate is another very popular one (if you haven't seen it, you should). Still, most of these 'hidden' changes seems like more accidental reverting on various cards. This happened on an earlier patch. I'm fairly certain they aren't intentional as they've been real good at stating what they are changing and why.
I hope you are right dray as they have been very good about it. For now I will give them the benefit of the doubt but it would be nice to have some confirmation on this and whether or not these changes are going to be fixed,

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 03:35:02 AM »
As another undocumented change, Rita, Shadow Priestess has had her ability changed from "sacrifice a character to heal 5" to "sacrifice a character to gain +2/+2."  Unless this was a *very* old version, well before I started playing, it can't be explained away by accidental reversion.

Offline stranger42

• Aspiring Polymath and Amateur Guide Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 04:46:10 AM »
As another undocumented change, Rita, Shadow Priestess has had her ability changed from "sacrifice a character to heal 5" to "sacrifice a character to gain +2/+2."  Unless this was a *very* old version, well before I started playing, it can't be explained away by accidental reversion.

Someone mentioned this in global, and said that the effect was still to heal 5, not gain +2/2. If I remember correctly, an older version of Rita, Mistress of Shadow had this ability to gain +2/2, so that card text has probably been mistakenly ported over to the new version somehow.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 05:20:21 PM »
I'm kinda pissed Surprise Defense doesn't put characters from strongest to weakest now. DoD is absolutely unplayable in this current meta, and this change cemented it. FD is completely dominate over DoD. It places the cards in the order they are in your hand. IW does not simulate a Real Life TCG if we do not have the option to organize and rearrange our hand to a certain order, if it is part of a crucial game play strategy.

I also want to note that certain cards cannot be rearranged in the support zone such as Omnitron.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:28:39 PM by ORISOLVE »
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 05:57:18 PM »
It places the cards in the order they are in your hand. IW does not simulate a Real Life TCG if we do not have the option to organize and rearrange our hand to a certain order, if it is part of a crucial game play strategy.

I haven't tested Surprise Defense to check exactly how it places creatures from your hand (in what order I mean), but if it places them in the defense zone in the order they are in your hand, then I think that should be the correct way to do it. Sometimes you don't want to put the strongest one first, if it did that automatically it would be limiting your options I think.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »
Annihilate always had that flavor text.

Yeah I know, but it's funny how it applies to the hidden change in the ability description now. xD

Offline Thechynd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 06:23:51 PM »
Annihilate also recieved a text change. It used to read like 'Destroy target card in play'. Now it reads:

Destroy target Character, Location or Artifact.

Guessing this is just to clarify it does not work on Mission cards.

Guess it's text "Nothing lasts forever" isnt really true either now  :D

To be fair, a mission ''dies'' when it is complete.
Hadn't actually realised this was the case until you said it. I assumed they just worked like War Machine and could trigger multiple times.

Offline ORISOLVE

• In the service of The Holy Roman Empire since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 07:13:56 PM »
It places the cards in the order they are in your hand. IW does not simulate a Real Life TCG if we do not have the option to organize and rearrange our hand to a certain order, if it is part of a crucial game play strategy.

I haven't tested Surprise Defense to check exactly how it places creatures from your hand (in what order I mean), but if it places them in the defense zone in the order they are in your hand, then I think that should be the correct way to do it. Sometimes you don't want to put the strongest one first, if it did that automatically it would be limiting your options I think.

You do for Aoshun to kill and to do morale damage.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 12:56:16 PM »
I'll deal with this post in a little bit.

I'm very disappointed that posts of this nature continue to happen despite the sentiments given to everyone in the past.

Assuming that we've changed something purposefully, and not communicating it, has been done before. I hope everyone remembers how that turned out.

Give us at least a bit of credit. I'll be talking to the team to find out what's going on with the listed discussions.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.