Author Topic: Overseers, a fall from grace. [Part 2 - Championing a new age]  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
Re: Overseers, a fall from grace. [Part 2 - Championing a new age]
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 09:41:20 AM »
If you guys still DO deal with the problematic bs cards (PM, HA, Azael, etc), I'm fine with this. I'm just worried things might not be anywhere near being fixed if you guys don't tackle those cards and focus on this 'champion' mechanic thingy.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 09:52:54 AM »
If you guys still DO deal with the problematic bs cards (PM, HA, Azael, etc), I'm fine with this. I'm just worried things might not be anywhere near being fixed if you guys don't tackle those cards and focus on this 'champion' mechanic thingy.

Then please review the post again. Changes are happening in quite a few different forms. The Champion concept is not all that we're doing, and I believe Poga tried to be as clear with that as possible.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Symphony

• "...you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
[...]

Then please review the post again. Changes are happening in quite a few different forms. The Champion concept is not all that we're doing, and I believe Poga tried to be as clear with that as possible.

Now, don't get me wrong, we are still paying very close attention to specific cards (Precautionary Measure and Heavens Assistance I'm looking at you), but we felt The Overseers deserved more that simple number adjustments.
I'm well aware of that, Teremus. All I'm worried about is that you guys take more time than you need to deal with the key problematic cards and this 'champion' mechanic doesn't end up fixing anything.
I'm all for it, specially with all the good experiences you've had with it that you've been sharing on global, but if the actual fixes came before this reworked mechanic, I'd be much more confident in the problem being solved.

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »
So wait, I am wondering, will the Champion mechanic take the place of the Ascend mechanic in the Overseers, or will it become the mechanic used for their Unique Characters?

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline GTRMERCY1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »
Very interesting and exciting news here.  I am fully behind not nerfing cards.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 05:15:02 PM »
I think they will have both cards with Ascend mechanics, and cards with the new "champion" (for lack of a better name) mechanic.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 08:23:47 PM »
I'm all for it, specially with all the good experiences you've had with it that you've been sharing on global, but if the actual fixes came before this reworked mechanic, I'd be much more confident in the problem being solved.

They will all happen at the same time. They MUST be introduced as a whole environment, because the changes are being made with each all of it in mind. The nerfs, the buffs, the changes, all of them are being made within this specific environment. Releasing one before the other would only serve to make one side of them look much different than the actual intention.

They're both receiving very good work. :)
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Winsanity

• The Winsanity is overwhleming
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 06:16:55 AM »
The word champion makes me think of singular. So maybe you can only have 1 champion card on the field at a time. Beyond that I have no idea

Offline Apostroph

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2014, 11:55:27 AM »
Im tiered of ur limited hang outs. Maybe u open a 2nd page, name it IW leaks, and put all ur informations into straight context.

No rly, i play a game and not following a daily soap.

Offline Kevkas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2014, 03:06:13 PM »
I'm guessing the title of these threads isn't a conincidence, so maybe the new mechanic is a 'Fall' which takes away some abilities (flying I hope) and gves others?

I was thinking something like that the other day, since some Overseers 'ascend' maybe they can be made to 'descend', like the 'fall from grace' concept (and title of this thread), which would leave then either in their original non-ascended state, or maybe even debuff them after their 'descension'. :P

Offline Approximo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 04:33:34 PM »
Gao Han, Y U do dis? Why do you turn angel on us? Stay in DoD, it needs the luv :(

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
It is confirmed that the new mechanic is "champion". No descending (that's the Exiles job). Also (understandably so) there are no WP characters attempting to join the Overseers (unless one of the new names happens to be one of them, but I doubt it). :P
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline Approximo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
It is confirmed that the new mechanic is "champion". No descending (that's the Exiles job). Also (understandably so) there are no WP characters attempting to join the Overseers (unless one of the new names happens to be one of them, but I doubt it). :P

Would be interesting to see some Descended in the Exiles. So much potential there. It also creates a nice thematic dichotomy within the game lore.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:48:02 PM by Approximo »

Offline Clearbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2014, 12:39:25 AM »

Would be interesting to see some Descended in the Exiles. So much potential there. It also creates a nice thematic dichotomy within the game lore.

Well, that's what the Descension card is for: to make your own Descended.  It would be a neat addition though, along with an Ascension action card perhaps.  Though I suppose Angelify already sort of fits that role, just from the wrong faction?

Offline kitsunexans

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2014, 03:42:26 PM »
interesting i do notice that we see a dod and flame dawn name here.  wondering if there are any interesting surprises for the other factions.  Also understandable that that there don't appear to be any gi champions lore wise likely not the angels fave people.