Author Topic: [WEAK] Road to the Rift (Ended)  (Read 5334 times)

Offline goldernebel

• View Profile
Re: [WEAK] Road to the Rift (Tournament)
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2014, 03:26:03 AM »
Yeah I'd rather have to do this all now instead of dealing with it in a large tourney. T_T
Also have you considered maybe a swiss tournament for the big one instead of round robin? Since it's open to everyone it won't be consisting of just the highest tier players. In swiss it would allow after the first game for people of the same skill to be matched up allowing newer players to have a chance and making the group of veteran players have to work harder against other veterans.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 10:07:36 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I wasnt planning on having it spill over this far into the week and had classes. The bracket for the final round will be posted tommorow mourning. Any wins that haven't been received by that time will be forfeit.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2014, 11:29:07 PM »
The current winners are:

Adorabear
Wham
Sonndo
GoldenRebel

Feel free to play your remaining matches against your each other at your leisure. I am going to give you guys until the end of Sunday to play your matches and have your win screen's sent to me.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2014, 01:43:34 AM »
Could you be abit more clear about how to proceed? We each play 1 best of 3 against each other person? And further best of 3 round in the event of a 3 way or 2 way tie?
Goose got me loose!

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 02:37:01 AM »
Could you be abit more clear about how to proceed? We each play 1 best of 3 against each other person? And further best of 3 round in the event of a 3 way or 2 way tie?

Your right, I will actually form a bracket for the remainder of the tournament which will be posted on the main thread ina  few minutes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:42:53 AM by weak_wolf »

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2014, 09:59:47 PM »
Guys please finish your games so this can be settled. I will give you guys a few more days at which point the tournament will be concluded. If no winner is declared then the prize pool will go towards the upcoming Rift War tournament.

This seems to be the duality of hosting a tournament, give people a short time limit and no one can make it, give them a long time limit and it never gets done. >__<

wham

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2014, 10:59:42 PM »
edit:

tournament should be done tomorrow
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:49:13 AM by wham »

wham

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 02:14:37 AM »
I concede. how do you plan to distribute rewards?

I'll edit in the decks that I used, since you seemed to want them.

http://infinite-network.com/deck/view/20358/calamitron
http://infinite-network.com/deck/view/20359/stale-pasta
http://infinite-network.com/deck/view/20360/my-old-deck (used once and not in finals)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 02:46:22 AM by wham »

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 04:40:04 AM »
Adorabear should post his deck/decks as well. Only the one used during the final matches are required.

We are currenty waiting on Prozac and GoldenRebel to finish their game for things to finalize.

Just PM me letting me know whether you want the 10$, the 5$ or the Alpha One and in which order. 1st Place winner will get what he wants first, followed by 2nd and 3rd will get what is left.

Also let me know the best way to send you to money, it would be very convenient if you had a paypal account.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2014, 08:08:41 AM »
Through most of the tournament I used this
http://infinite-network.com/deck/view/12794/adora-agro
for the final I played a fairly generic biosol
http://infinite-network.com/deck/view/12909/solsauce
Wham and I didnt quite finish since he conceded which id like to say is very generous of him. I would have switched back to my first deck in the following matchs most likely so you can consider that the deck I used for almost the entire tournament :)
Goose got me loose!

Offline goldernebel

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2014, 03:47:41 AM »
Me and Prozac finished our games now with me beating Prozac. I sent you a message Weak_Wolf containing proof of our battles.

And let me know whether or not you want Prozac's and mine decklists as well or not and I'll just edit them in here.

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2014, 08:03:29 PM »
Prizes will be given out this Wednesday. (I need to set up a paypal and move money to it.)

Sorry guys, i ran into some issues and will have to delay to releasing of the prizes until the 10th. I will consider uping the amount of cash prizes i offered to make up for the inconvenience.

In all fairness had this thing ended when I played this would have been avoided.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:20:33 PM by weak_wolf »

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Re: [WEAK] Road to the Rift (Ended)
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2014, 07:42:39 AM »
I don't mean to be a bother but do you think I could possibly get my prize now? lol
Goose got me loose!

Offline Weak_Wolf

• In Vino Veritas
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2014, 10:21:12 PM »
I know its taking a while, I didnt want to purden you guys with my personal plight but so far:

1) Christmas time which means I have to buy presents and spend money on stuff.
2) My brake pads wore out without me knowing and I may have damaged my rotors, I need to tow the car to the shop and at the very least have the brake pads replaced.
3) My school said I have parking tickets that amount to hundreds of dollars and want me to pay it off before I can register for next semester.

I know that this is none of your problems but I am asking for you guys to be considerate. I made a commitment and I promise you will get you guys the money you won. At the VERY LEAST it will be in march. And IF that is the case I will double or even triple your reward money because there is no reason it should take that long. But at the moment every dollar I have is going towards paying off some of these spontaneous debts. It really sucks that this stuff sprang out like this, but man plans and god laughs. As it stands I wont be able to pay you guys until February.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2014, 10:49:45 PM »
Fair enough, dont feel bad :)
Goose got me loose!