Author Topic: What will you miss most about Sleepers  (Read 4812 times)

Offline dougernaut

• View Profile
What will you miss most about Sleepers
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:47:59 PM »
Now that Sleepers are rotating out of ranked play soon, what will you miss most?

I am going to miss my sujugated dragon resurrection deck.  That was a fun combo to play. 

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
Re: What will you miss most about Sleepers
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 07:07:25 PM »
"Soon" isn't what I'd call it - they'll be legal until the Rise/Infestation/Ascension block is phased out, which won't be until the Order/Oppression/Rebellion block is finished, three sets from now - that won't happen until, what, late 2015 at the earliest?

That aside, I don't play a lot of sleeper-heavy decks, so I'll mostly miss my Subj. Dragon and (to a lesser degree) Infested Scavenger decks.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Heaven-Canceler

• Travelling worlds out of fascination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 07:16:55 PM »
Considering lore, isn't Genesis likely to get some additional Graveyard interaction mechanics in the future? The Virus is now safely contained within the tech faction. (Also meaning, if they ever get blown to pieces, it is quite possible that it is going to get spread again, though that is likely in the far off future.)

At the very least we will always be able to Play the Sleepers in the non-ranked formats.

Other accounts of mine can be found on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity.

Offline MerliniX

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:02 PM »
I will most miss Infested Knight + Fear + Ferocity combo.

Offline dougernaut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 12:19:16 AM »
Considering lore, isn't Genesis likely to get some additional Graveyard interaction mechanics in the future? The Virus is now safely contained within the tech faction. (Also meaning, if they ever get blown to pieces, it is quite possible that it is going to get spread again, though that is likely in the far off future.)

At the very least we will always be able to Play the Sleepers in the non-ranked formats.

I have now seen the answer that the moose wrote to this one.  I'm glad to see that Sleepers will be ranked legal for a while longer (~9-10 months).  Looks like I was premature in the this post.  But hopefully people won't mind some early reminiscing. 

Offline MrFahrenheit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 02:50:55 AM »
FD Sleepers have been one of my favorite deck types since the beginning. Just having Aleta, Immortal Sufferer as a commander gives decent staying power to FD. Overwhelming Dead and Aleta work great with Bromich's Banner. Overwhelming dead and Aleta also really feed strength in numbers. Strength in numbers or infectious transfusion are really nasty on Emberstarter. It all adds up to a really scary mid game that is unfortunately completely helpless against aoe.

I've also done some playing around with two purity sleepers and one purity verore. I run three Risen of Avarrach, three infest and two recurring nightmares. The deck basically tries to play the long game and get the most value out of the above cards. It does decent. The always hated fear/desolation combo along with boomy and all of Verores other one purity removal can keep you pretty safe while the endless tide of zombies eventually wears the opponent down.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:06:43 AM by MrFahrenheit »

Offline Osamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 04:50:53 AM »
Wait, so what is Happening here? I don't keep up with the news.

Offline Pjoelj

• It's been a while...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 07:33:32 AM »
Wait, so what is Happening here? I don't keep up with the news.
This should explain the situation.
________
   |___|  
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Got thesis!

Offline Trevinburgh

• View Profile
    • IWgamewiki
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 08:22:16 AM »
The thing I love most about Sleepers is being able to take the opponent's treasured cards and use them against them. Winning a game with my opponent's cards never gets old for me.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »
The thing I love most about Sleepers is being able to take the opponent's treasured cards and use them against them. Winning a game with my opponent's cards never gets old for me.
The Star Trek set should still help give you this feeling. Then again you'd have to play infinite mode to play them and at that point you may as well still play Sleepers.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline ceces

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »
tome of the dead :(

Offline Antimony

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 11:23:13 PM »
I'm gonna miss graveyard mechanics in general. My main deck runs on Hehkeem, The Corrupted so it's gonna be devastating to lose.  :'(

I really hope they make some mercenary purity cards of Genesis/Sleepers that can be used after the rotation. That way there will still be some graveyard interaction besides unending drones.
Looking to trade? Have List || Want list

Offline wyrmberg

• "She is starting to damage my calm!"
    • View Profile
    • Board Games In Bedford
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
Everything. I play all factions and many combinations and of the lot, the Sleepers deck has given me the most wins (and some of the most satisfying wins too). With the exception of the Overseers deck (which I don't play that much as it tends to cheese people off), it is my go-to guaranteed-win deck. OK, I don't win every time but it even gives Overseers a run for their money.

However, having said that, I'll certainly continue to play them in the Infinity games from which they will never be cycled out.

Vertu Honagan

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 03:41:56 PM »
Everything. I play all factions and many combinations and of the lot, the Sleepers deck has given me the most wins (and some of the most satisfying wins too). With the exception of the Overseers deck (which I don't play that much as it tends to cheese people off), it is my go-to guaranteed-win deck. OK, I don't win every time but it even gives Overseers a run for their money.

However, having said that, I'll certainly continue to play them in the Infinity games from which they will never be cycled out.

I'm a lot like you except my best decks are out of Exiles and Warpath. I play every single faction pretty evenly actually and I will greatly miss Recurring Nightmare. He's my favorite Sleepers card right now. Also some of the sweet abilities like Eaten by Zombies, Virus of Avarrach, and Avarach has Risen.

I will miss being able to use my Shrine deck. Without Fear Shrine decks are going to be pretty much useless unless something comes out in the next few sets to aid that deck strategy. Also with DoD severely lacking counters to flying.

Offline goobypls

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »
The art! :) The combination of zombies and robots is brilliant. Plaguebearer, Converted Prototype, Undeath Wish, Recurring Nightmare and Dead Feaster are some of my all-time favourites.