Author Topic: [Important] Design Review, and Rotation Concepts  (Read 28354 times)

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
Re: [Important] Design Review, and Rotation Concepts
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2015, 08:56:56 AM »
If Lightmare had an ingame trade system

You most certainly can trade. Hence the T in TCG. :)
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.

Offline Drarz

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 26, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »
If Lightmare had an ingame trade system

You most certainly can trade. Hence the T in TCG. :)

Auction House or Digital Bazaar maybe is a better wording. Where cards can be traded with players for in game currency.

This of course is completely tangental to this threat. The rotation system, especially rotating factions, will be a great system to keep the game fresh.

Offline rogerbacon

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »
So, I probably missed it somewhere but is the rotation schedule posted somewhere? Which set will rotate out first? when will it happen? If it's not posted yet, how much advance warning will we get? My reason for wanting to know is that I assume cards from rotated out sets will no longer be purchasable. Is that assumption correct?

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure something resembling a rotation schedule is posted near the beginning of this thread, but here's a general idea of how it works:
When the first set of the next block comes out (that is, three sets from now, not counting Foundation Sets), all of Rise block will rotate out--basically everything pre-Order. So there's quite a bit of time, although there's no set in stone timetable of dates.
You are correct that old sets will not be purchasable after rotation, but I wouldn't panic yet. Like I said, there's plenty of time.
But yes, there is something approximating a schedule and there will be plenty of advance warning.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline Teremus

• Really Cool Moose
  • Hide your cheese.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
So, I probably missed it somewhere but is the rotation schedule posted somewhere? Which set will rotate out first? when will it happen? If it's not posted yet, how much advance warning will we get? My reason for wanting to know is that I assume cards from rotated out sets will no longer be purchasable. Is that assumption correct?

Both of those are addressed in the OP.

There are no specific dates, just the format for how it will happen. However the timeframe can be inferred based on when Order was released, and the knowledge that we try and hold the timeframe of releasing new sets every 3-4 months.

You are indeed correct in your assumption, which is addressed in the OP.
No seriously, I really like cheese.

Quote from: Poga
I make this game, James.