Author Topic: Toon310 's next tournament  (Read 1328 times)

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
Toon310 's next tournament
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:55:52 PM »
Hey everybody,

i 'd like to make another tournament

but i will need some help : i can't do it alone.

for this next event i was thinking of a themed tournament : DOD/FD, the most defensive faction vs the most agressive one.

every player will be forced to play each faction in BO2 games

--> it seems that a player will play his first game with, for instance DOD, and his opponent FD then they will switch for the 2nd game.

If somebody wants to help in this project you are most than welcomed ^^ i'm planning this for december

Offline Deadguy

• View Profile
Re: Toon310 's next tournament
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:34:03 PM »
How pure will the decks need to be? Triple purity, double purity, or will splashing the factions be enough?

Offline Caldazar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 07:37:59 AM »
i could participate/help out, what u need?
Can we do it a pauper tournament? :)
Like the idea of fixed decks, guess they should be pure

Offline goldernebel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 02:49:09 PM »
If you are forcing people into certain factions Toon then you gotta do it at pauper level or else only those with competitive Flame Dawn or Descendants of the Dragon decks will play. I suggest 3 purity and no mercenary cards like Xi, Ascended -- This one card can be extremely powerful and unfair in pauper. Can't do two matches as well since each opponent could win one and then they be tied. In the case of a tie breaker I might suggest that you have the opponents have them pick which deck they prefer more and then duke it out for game 3.

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »
How pure will the decks need to be? Triple purity, double purity, or will splashing the factions be enough?

I was thinking of a 3 purity deck
i could participate/help out, what u need?
Can we do it a pauper tournament? :)
Like the idea of fixed decks, guess they should be pure

I need some people to make the pub of the tournament, i will need donators, etc

If you are forcing people into certain factions Toon then you gotta do it at pauper level or else only those with competitive Flame Dawn or Descendants of the Dragon decks will play. I suggest 3 purity and no mercenary cards like Xi, Ascended -- This one card can be extremely powerful and unfair in pauper. Can't do two matches as well since each opponent could win one and then they be tied. In the case of a tie breaker I might suggest that you have the opponents have them pick which deck they prefer more and then duke it out for game 3.

Of course i was thinking to ban some cards. In case of a tie, well, there are plenty of solutions. This is still at the state of an idea :). Thanks for your answers.

Offline KillerOrc

• The road to success is always under construction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »
I would both be interested in participating in this as well as helping out (if I have the time). Depending on when in December I might be away (going to my parents for Christmas).

And I guess maybe a Bo3 would be best with the new changes?

Also I think it would be fun to allow all kinds of cards except those which are bugged. Especially DoD needs the epics/legends to be any fun to play (IMO)