Author Topic: Show Zomborg's Buffs  (Read 1150 times)

Offline CommunistMountain

• View Profile
Show Zomborg's Buffs
« on: October 07, 2014, 06:22:29 AM »
For players who have never encountered Zomborg before, they would have no idea just how much he would be buffed or how fast he would evolve, and thus creates a problem when planning ahead. Even players who have faced him before would have a hard time remembering.

I suggest having some sort of timer on the card, counting down the number of turns to the turn he transforms into a Dragon, and also how much he would be buffed on the next turn. For instance, he would start the game with 'Turns left to full evolution: 5' and 'Next evolution: +1/+1'. Subsequent evolutions would read:
'+1/+1, gains Infect',
'+3/+2, Pay 2: Deal 1 damage to all deployed characters and gain Flying',
'+2/+1, ability damage and cost x2',
'+9/+1, gains Unstoppable and Flying, loses ability, creates 6 Endless Horde in Grave when killed'.

Thoughts?

Offline Crimes

• RIPRNGstone
    • View Profile
Re: Show Zomborg's Buffs
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 07:57:08 AM »
Yes, I have always thought it was strange that such a unique mechanic was not described in full detail, same with Alpha One. I think both of them deserve their own detailed tooltip. Then you could decipher what stage it was on just by looking at the tooltip and the card description.This would solve a lot of the confusion.

The timer, although it would be nice, isn't really necessary as if you look at his card art closely it changes over time and you can tell when he is about to transform.
See: http://forum.lightmare.com.au/index.php?topic=19741.0.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 08:17:46 AM by Crimes »

Offline Screamindiz

• View Profile
Re: Show Zomborg's Buffs
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
I think one of the major hurdles for newer players in this instance is not realizing CTA won't reset Zomborg like it does with most other cards. This can lead to a very dissappointing play in many cases.