Author Topic: Suggestion: Adjust Death Worshipper  (Read 1184 times)

Offline dojadoug

• View Profile
Suggestion: Adjust Death Worshipper
« on: September 25, 2014, 02:33:05 AM »
So I played a Death Worshipper then threw out a fatty in my defense zone that iced 12-15 of my opponent's 3/3 flying Spirits and her ability never activated.  Kinda sucked cause I was counting on her strength to skyrocket.

I asked my opponent and he suggested that it could be that his Spirits didn't go to the graveyard (they were brought into play by that Xi card - sorry, I'm still learning names).  Assuming this isn't a bug...

(1) My primary suggestion is to change this so that the Death Worshipper will activate from these.  They are an enemy character, they are being killed, one would expect the ability to activate.

(2) If for some reason she really isn't supposed to activate from these, the card text should be changed so other players in my situation aren't caught off guard.  Nothing in the card text mentions the need for opponent's character to go to the graveyard.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:35:04 AM by dojadoug »

Offline Heart

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Adjust Death Worshipper
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 02:39:22 AM »
This isnt a problem with worshipper, its a problem with xi tokens which leave the battefield immediately upon death, so the controller loses no morale either and in this instance, you get no death buff.
Follow your...

Offline dojadoug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 02:55:30 AM »
So... are Xi tokens going to be fixed?

Offline Heart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 03:17:55 AM »
who knows, though i've been mentioning this problem for a while now, not sure if they actually want it to work this way or not.
Follow your...

Offline Mafia_Puppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 03:25:10 AM »
I agree with you that Xi spirits should trigger kill and death effects. After all, the spirits leave play when they die. I just suspect it's super low on their fix priority list, so get used to memorizing another effect erratta.

Offline Held

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 04:34:40 PM »
I'm sure this is a bug. They are only removed if they die, so they should trigger death effects. There are similar bugs with death and removal, e.g. Yobo and Evolving parasite.
Btw: In my oppion a note on the Spirit card that it's removed upon death woudn't harm.

Offline Knive8s9704

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 04:26:00 PM »
They need to:

1. increase the morale damage for tokens. A 16/16 construct with 1 morale is ridiculous. A 6/6/ flyer with 1 morale is equally stupid. Vevore tokens cost 4 morale...wtf? Where is the balance. Do I need to cry about it and make a egregiously long post so it gets some attention?

2. They should of removed all xi spirits from graveyard at the end of turn. Voila! This would allow morale damage to hit as well. The current mechanic is confusing and frankly, just lazy.

You want a fix on heaven's assistance? Up those morale damage a few points. If a single well-timed yunashi can do 20+ morale damage, I'll assure you people won't be crying about the card so much. The same could be said with war machine constructs.