Author Topic: Tournament! Starting Date: Oct. 18th, 2014  (Read 13024 times)

Offline TheBuffalox Wins

• Collecting cards each day!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter Page
Re: Tournament! Starting Date: Oct. 18th, 2014
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 02:01:07 AM »
Hi can i still donate ,do i get a free entry if i do it? im new to this  ;D
PM me in game, (I am TheBuffalox) and I can talk to you about this, with you being a new player, and all.

I ❤ Doctor Who! Probably the only Premium Genesis Industries Artifact Collector in the Game. ☑ Nexus donated to Infinity Wars Tournament. :-D

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
Buffalox, would you mind elaborating why deck changes are forbidden while playing vs the same opponent?
I'm afraid somebody (expecially me) might win more matches than I'm supposed to, just because of the match-up.
Also, I guess it would hardly be fun to play against a counter-deck 3 times in a row, and isn't this tournament mostly about fun? :>
One could even intentionally just make a specific hard-counter-deck (e.g. anti-air, anti-spam) and then hope for a lucky match-up.

What if the rule was that you're only allowed to change the amount of cards that are already part of the deck?
Like, let's say, in the first round I used 10 Flame Dawn Aspirants, 1 Aerial Commando and 1 Winds Of War. My enemy in the first round is a defensive DoD who relies on Ju-Lin for winning. Since rush decks suck vs. that, I could change my deck to only include 1 Aspirant, but 3 Aerial Commandos and 3 Winds of War. I could, however, not add a Called Shot, since it was not in the Deck from the start. Of course it would not be allowed to reduce a card's amount below 1.

I think this limitation would be reasonable, would others agree? And, most importantly, would you, Buffalox?

i agree with phantom seito

i will give my donations soon btw

Offline TheBuffalox Wins

• View Profile
    • My Twitter Page
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »
I don't see where Phantom posted this, but I see what the point is. It does make a lot of sense, and I think most others would be ok with that. I suppose I will add this and make it allowed, but why don't I see PhantomSeito's original post anywhere? 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:58:57 PM by TheBuffalox Wins »

I ❤ Doctor Who! Probably the only Premium Genesis Industries Artifact Collector in the Game. ☑ Nexus donated to Infinity Wars Tournament. :-D

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 11:46:38 PM »
He posted it in challonge :)

Offline TheBuffalox Wins

• View Profile
    • My Twitter Page
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 02:11:35 AM »
Thank you for telling me, as he did in-game as well, so I found it. Anyways rule number 8 has changes according to the suggestion.

Offline DANTESPIE

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 02:49:34 AM »
Hi to all , um hey buffalox  one question can we use epic cards on our deck?

wham

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 03:40:09 AM »
ya

Offline GTRMERCY1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 08:38:49 AM »
Hello, This certainly look's interesting and fun, I want to enter your tournament please.  Can I ask, just to get a general idea, about the timeframe your hoping to be able to complete your tournament in? Maybe two weeks.  Will try to contact you later in game, my IGN GTRMERCY1, have a couple of card's in mind that I would like to donate.

Offline toon310

• Translator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
Hey,

it seems i'm always missing you for my donations, xd

let's fixe a date ?

give me some time to end my rift run streak and i will see what i can give :)

Offline TheBuffalox Wins

• View Profile
    • My Twitter Page
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 02:10:45 PM »

Of coarse you can, as long as it is not a Star Trek set card. :-D

Offline TheBuffalox Wins

• View Profile
    • My Twitter Page
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »
GTRMercy1, the timer begins at 12:00 A.M. Infinity Wars Time Saturday, Oct. 18th(One minute after 11:59 P.M. Friday, Oct. 17th), with 36 hours to get the matches out of the way.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:28:28 PM by TheBuffalox Wins »

Offline OddfellowSteampunk

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 03:10:58 PM »
are we submitting a list of every card we will use per match? It seems the no change in the build of the deck would hurt the people who choose not to change the deck simply to comply with the rules.

I am not assuming people would ignore a rule, but there is not a system in place to insure the deck is unaltered nor an easy way to verify it.

I

Offline OddfellowSteampunk

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »
Do we need to report in at a specific time? Can we work these matches around the schedules of who we are playing with?

Offline TheBuffalox Wins

• View Profile
    • My Twitter Page
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2014, 06:30:07 PM »
Do we need to report in at a specific time? Can we work these matches around the schedules of who we are playing with?
You don't need to "check in" but your matches must be done by 12:00 P.M. Infinity Wars Time on Sunday, October 19th

Offline TheBuffalox Wins

• View Profile
    • My Twitter Page
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 06:32:04 PM »
are we submitting a list of every card we will use per match? It seems the no change in the build of the deck would hurt the people who choose not to change the deck simply to comply with the rules.

I am not assuming people would ignore a rule, but there is not a system in place to insure the deck is unaltered nor an easy way to verify it.

I
I haven't put anything together, in the matter, but I have been considering adding this in yet some players probably will not do it. I still have yet to decide but I know that I can if I decide to.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:40:53 AM by TheBuffalox Wins »